Doctor has sent incorrect patient information back to DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

mctigue

Found out vi the nhs app, the doctor has filled my forms out incorrectly stating incorrect last drink date and also said I had seizures up until 2013 and was on epilepsy medicine and some blood test results that aren’t mine! Can I get some advice on what to do next as this is clearly the wrong patient. Thank you

Contact your doctors surgery immediately and tell them what has gone wrong. Your GP needs to get in contact with the DVLA and tell them they've made a mistake.

You can contact the DVLA and tell them that a mistake has been made and see if they can send out another DD2 form. Either way, they won't do anything unless your doctor is willing to put it right.

When my previous GP gave the DVLA incorrect information I called the DVLA and they said that unless my doctor was willing to tell them they'd made a mistake, they wouldn't do anything. My GP refused to change my 'last drink' date, so I was forced to wait another 6 months. As it happens I ended up waiting another 2 years.

I'd probably call the DVLA first, to let them know (probably be quicker than trying to get your doctors surgery to investigate what went wrong), and they'll then add it to your records. You can also ask them what you need to do and what your doctor now needs to do.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off