Devastated

Convicted Driver Insurance
W
To be honest I just feel absolutely cheated! Committed a crime 2014 ,paid my dues,changed my life,behaving,(was)drinking with moderation after I came out from a REALLY DARK PLACE, got a job (AgeUk, caring for elderlys,it’s a charity),not earning millions but making a huge difference for my lovely ladies! Driving with no issues the last 5 years and then suddenly my license is revoked as guidelines changed (not knowing anything about it, I do understand ignorance is not an excuse but as I have been going through the same process since 2017 I wasn’t even thinking about there could be any change) so I’m punished again!?? How is that fair??? I’m trying to except it but as I can’t see the end of it it’s just extremely hard to not to be bloody annoyed and upset about it!!!
Did you admit to drinking anything at all on the questionnaire? Did your GP have anything recorded about misuse or dependency? Seems if they do, total abstinence is the only way.

W

Did you admit to drinking anything at all on the questionnaire? Did your GP have anything recorded about misuse or dependency? Seems if they do, total abstinence is the only way.
Unfortunately yes, once a week some wine,yes unfortunately dependency 2015,! I do know that now (complete absence)! Only one lucky thing is that my application has been sent in 2022 April ( revoked license in December 2022) so I have sent my application to DVLA already so now I’m waiting for the medical appointment to be done and hopefully I’ll be back on the road ASAP

Unfortunately yes, once a week some wine,yes unfortunately dependency 2015,! I do know that now (complete absence)! Only one lucky thing is that my application has been sent in 2022 April ( revoked license in December 2022) so I have sent my application to DVLA already so now I’m waiting for the medical appointment to be done and hopefully I’ll be back on the road ASAP
Have I misunderstood or are you saying you applied for another temporary licence in April 2022, it was revoked in December 2022? So did you provide evidence of abstinence from April 2022? So sorry to read you’re having to go through it all again 😩

Have I misunderstood or are you saying you applied for another temporary licence in April 2022, it was revoked in December 2022? So did you provide evidence of abstinence from April 2022? So sorry to read you’re having to go through it all again 😩
No problem! I do hope so I can provide the information for those idiots! My gp is 💯 with me so I’m hoping for the best as DVLA said I can start my process 8 weeks before my f….(sorry about the language) ban ends so I did! What have I got to lose???(my driving license, I know 🤣🤣🤣)

Had a letter today the dvla have written to my Gp now for more info i had a copy to. Phoned the surgery and they received the forms today my Gp is normally right on the ball with stuff. I am 10 months into poof for abstaining for 12 months so i could send a new form in recorded last drink was august 5th last year.

I wish they revoked me end of last year my Gp emailed them and asked if they could review it.
I see now I’ve seen the other part of thread. Mines weird. Instead of applying then Dvla medical etc then my GP for more info been HRO. It went apply 90 day before then straight to my GP (3 months ) Waite again. Then sent Dvla medical. Back to front from posts I’ve seen regarding process GOOD LUCK tho. It is what it is. We will get there eventually 😇

I see now I’ve seen the other part of thread. Mines weird. Instead of applying then Dvla medical etc then my GP for more info been HRO. It went apply 90 day before then straight to my GP (3 months ) Waite again. Then sent Dvla medical. Back to front from posts I’ve seen regarding process GOOD LUCK tho. It is what it is. We will get there eventually 😇
Cheers bud (y) 🤞

Phoned this afternoon another week gone by still nothing. Time to email Tim Burton and contact my MP i think that seems to get results.
They have got all my paperwork for 4 weeks now and nothing is done! All I need is the medical assessment appointment! I should have been back on the road by 4th of April! It’s so frustrating 🤬🤬🤬

Phoned again this afternoon and finally they have got around to reviewing the information my Gp has send them. Call handler said the dvla doctor was happy and i could regain my licence they have posted some forms for me to fill in and send back not sure what these will be i can only assume its to do the medical next.

Phoned again this afternoon and finally they have got around to reviewing the information my Gp has send them. Call handler said the dvla doctor was happy and i could regain my licence they have posted some forms for me to fill in and send back not sure what these will be i can only assume its to do the medical next.
Sounds promising 🤞🤞🤞🤞!!! I’m so happy for you! I REALLY HOPE YOU’RE BACK ON THE ROAD ASAP🤞🤞Best of luck!!

Sounds promising 🤞🤞🤞🤞!!! I’m so happy for you! I REALLY HOPE YOU’RE BACK ON THE ROAD ASAP🤞🤞Best of luck!!
Thanks pipacs some light at the end of the tunnel finally. Not sure what forms they are i am assuming they will be to undertake the medical again. My last licence expired in august 2022 then they revoked me in december i am not sure if i get a new licence it will be backdated or i will get a full 12 months one.

Thanks pipacs some light at the end of the tunnel finally. Not sure what forms they are i am assuming they will be to undertake the medical again. My last licence expired in august 2022 then they revoked me in december i am not sure if i get a new licence it will be backdated or i will get a full 12 months one.
Hope for the best outcome 🤞🤞🤞

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off