CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi people looking for a bit of advice, I'm due my required medical with the DVLA the back end of july, i do enjoy a drink nothing heavy the bog standard lager but i have tended to binge.. I'm giving myself 9 weeks alcohol free and works out at 66 days till my test.. I'm not sure what my CDT levels are now but do you think they'll have dropped considerably? I've looked into everything i can do health wise just bit nervous about it

It's hard to say for any given individual, but I read a report today saying that after 4 weeks complete abstinence, a persons CDT levels should have returned to normal.

My initial medical was the 28th of july brought forward to the 23rd june. Not touched alcohol for 2 weeks so far and wont till after my medical just hope that's enough time for my cdt levels to be normal

Hi people looking for a bit of advice, I'm due my required medical with the DVLA the back end of july, i do enjoy a drink nothing heavy the bog standard lager but i have tended to binge.. I'm giving myself 9 weeks alcohol free and works out at 66 days till my test.. I'm not sure what my CDT levels are now but do you think they'll have dropped considerably? I've looked into everything i can do health wise just bit nervous about it
I was abstinent for 14 days and I passed and was told it was 14-17 days by a dvla medical doctor unless you are alcohol dependent it’s fine I was drinking on weekends for the football

I was abstinent for 14 days and I passed and was told it was 14-17 days by a dvla medical doctor unless you are alcohol dependent it’s fine I was drinking on weekends for the football
It's been easy stopping so no issues there its when i have drank I've took the piss basically, doesn't help working in a pub

It's been easy stopping so no issues there its when i have drank I've took the piss basically, doesn't help working in a pub
They call over 6units a day binge drinking or 14 in a week , 😂 don’t listen to all the bull scaremongers put up . A dvla medical doctor told me it’s to catch out alcoholics that only stop the week before . It’s 14-17 days of absence and you will pass I did . I cut down from drinking 10 cans on the weekend and spirits. To 4 on the weekend then nothing for 15 days and I passed the cdt . It’s very stressful second guessing all the different info . But unless you are alcohol dependent you will be fine

They call over 6units a day binge drinking or 14 in a week , 😂 don’t listen to all the bull scaremongers put up . A dvla medical doctor told me it’s to catch out alcoholics that only stop the week before . It’s 14-17 days of absence and you will pass I did . I cut down from drinking 10 cans on the weekend and spirits. To 4 on the weekend then nothing for 15 days and I passed the cdt . It’s very stressful second guessing all the different info . But unless you are alcohol dependent you will be fine
Cheers matey, costs a bomb to bloody fail lol 90 quid for the licence then another 98.50 for the poxy medical 😂 I'll post on here pass or fail

Hey there! Can I ask what your cdt score was as I'm curious? 😊

Hey there! Can I ask what your cdt score was as I'm curious? 😊
I have made a request for them as soon as I get them I will put them up on here because I know what it is like for all of us but it was definitely a pass, or my application would of been rejected. I answered yes on 3 questions

Just done my medical examination today and I think it went alright. I can’t wait for the result.

I have made a request for them as soon as I get them I will put them up on here because I know what it is like for all of us but it was definitely a pass, or my application would of been rejected. I answered yes on 3 questions
Thanks for getting back to me - look forward to hearing your result! Did they contact your gp at all?! I need to answer yes to mental health from the past 3 years!

Well my medical was this morning. The doctor was brilliant. He took the blood sample, height and weight and that was it.
I did answer yes to the mental health question, I have a long history of depression but he said that’s nothing to worry about.
No blood pressure check, no urine test, no other physical examination or tests. I’m fully expecting they will contact my GP but going from today and the doctors comments I’m quietly optimistic about being back on the road soon :0)

Yay I have finally got my full driving licence today. I had my medical on last Thursday.
It only took me week to get my driving licence back.
I wish you a very good luck to everyone :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off