Admitted having 6 unit's

Convicted Driver Insurance
Just had medical and said I had 6 unit's what will the outcome be classified as

Morning

Consuming six units of alcohol is well below the weekly daily alcohol limit of 14 units as defined by Prof Chris Whitty who is the Chief Medical Officer of England & Wales. You should be fine.

However, if you are classed as either alcohol dependant or a alcohol misuser by the DVLA due to a history of alcohol problems, you cannot disclose any alcohol consumption at all to the DVLA.

Hope this helps?

CJ

Morning

Consuming six units of alcohol is well below the weekly daily alcohol limit of 14 units as defined by Prof Chris Whitty who is the Chief Medical Officer of England & Wales. You should be fine.

However, if you are classed as either alcohol dependant or a alcohol misuser by the DVLA due to a history of alcohol problems, you cannot disclose any alcohol consumption at all to the DVLA.

Hope this helps?

CJ
Definitely no alcohol missussr or depe
Morning

Hope this helps?

CJ
Definitely not for any alcohol problem history with DVLA or my gp just had liver test all ca back fine

Morning

Hope this helps?

CJ
Just to add, they meant 6 units on the same occasion.

My understanding was that drinking 6 or more units in one go (same day) is alcohol misuse, I just don't know how the DVLA deal with that if the person hasn't been labeled an alcohol misuser by their GP.

Edit: Their other thread, they say they admitted to drinking 6 units on their Birthday (I think).

Just to add, they meant 6 units on the same occasion.

My understanding was that drinking 6 or more units in one go (same day) is alcohol misuse, I just don't know how the DVLA deal with that if the person hasn't been labeled an alcohol misuser by their GP.

Edit: Their other thread, they say they admitted to drinking 6 units on their Birthday (I think).

I’m sure the advise from the Chief Medical Officer states you can have two drinks in one sitting, but not the full 14 units in one sitting. 6 units equates to two pints of 5% beer, so surely to God they cannot suggest this is alcohol misuse or binging.

CJ

I’m sure the advise from the Chief Medical Officer states you can have two drinks in one sitting, but not the full 14 units in one sitting. 6 units equates to two pints of 5% beer, so surely to God they cannot suggest this is alcohol misuse or binging.

CJ
Well I hope that's the case. I just don't know. I don't think they've got anything to worry about, I just wouldn't be able to say comfortably that it won't be picked up as misuse. I guess it has me wondering why they even ask that question; unless it's to catch people out. Maybe it would be deemed an issue if someone was often exceeding 6 units in one sitting.

I hope that the OP lets us know how it goes.

CJ

Indeed. Virtually the whole country must have had 6 units in one sitting at some time, including Chris Whitty and everyone at the DVLA.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off