A few questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

SoWorried

I was caught drink driving last night and blew 62 and 65. The Police said they wouldnt have stopped me if I wasnt driving so fast they said I was doing around 50mph coming up to a roundabout. My first question is will the speed I was driving at affect me sentencing?

Also My sister (who is a PF) told me there there are some occasions when the case gets thrown out becuase Police Officers can't attend or they don't fill in the paperwork correctly does anyone know any statistics for how many of these cases there are? Like what percentage of those caught get away without sentencing?

Finally what do people think my sentence will be?

Thanks I feel so sick and stupid :(

I was caught drink driving last night and blew 62 and 65. The Police said they wouldnt have stopped me if I wasnt driving so fast they said I was doing around 50mph coming up to a roundabout. My first question is will the speed I was driving at affect me sentencing?

Also My sister (who is a PF) told me there there are some occasions when the case gets thrown out becuase Police Officers can't attend or they don't fill in the paperwork correctly does anyone know any statistics for how many of these cases there are? Like what percentage of those caught get away without sentencing?

Finally what do people think my sentence will be?

Thanks I feel so sick and stupid :(

Presuming this is your first offence, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 62 sentencing guidelines suggest a band c fine and a disqualification from driving for between 17 and 22 months. The majority of first time offenders will benefit from the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which, once completed, can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

It may be worth consulting with a criminal defence drink driving solicitor, if you have not already done so. They will be able to examine all evidence and ensure that correct statutory procedure has been followed by the police. If correct statutory procedure has not been followed then it is possible that a defendant can be acquitted.

I would imagine it is a rare occurrence that police officers do not/cannot attend court if/when required to do so and in the event they didnt/couldnt attend it is likely that the courts would simply adjourn the court case rather than acquit the defendant.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

hey

Jus tto let you know I was driving home after a night out (stupid I know) I hitt the car in front of me. i was arrested and taken to the police station where I was charged with DUI HOWEVER i was let off on the charges of dangerous driving... kind of confuses me as i thought it would be...

I was 2 and a half times over the limit...

i employed a lawyer who talked me through the process I received a 24 month ban reduced to 18 months with the course a £100 fine and NO community service.

I was happy with my conviction as it was literally the minimum I could get. I suggest getting a reference from someone in an influential job I.E. a head teacher or lawyer as I believe this helped me.

DO not beat yourself up over this situation as the courts will give you your sentence what you have done is stupid trust me we all know we have done wrong on these message boards.

I think you will receive an 18 month ban with a 25% reduction a fine.

Keep me posted how you get on good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off