2nd medical for restricted licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

mrajr7

Hi All,

I lost my licence back in April 2017 and was classified as a HRO due to a high reading. I had a history of alcohol misuse, in addition to depression, which was documented with my GP on several occasions during 2016-2017. My ban expired in Feb 2020 and I was issued a one year restricted licence in November 2020 (I was slow to reapply and had to get written confirmation from GP to take the CDT).

I passed the CDT as I’ve been completely abstinent since January 2018. I’m in the process of reapplying for my licence again and have been asked to go for another CDT test, which is not a problem just a bit of an Inconvenience more than anything.

Can anyone give me some guidance of whether I’m going to have go through this process each time I reapply? And how long can I expect this restricted licence to last? One year?

Thanks in advance.

They can go on for up to 6 years, but can you explain “I was issues with a one year restricted licence in November 2020 (I was slow in applying....) “ and you are now in the process or reapplying?

They can go on for up to 6 years, but can you explain “I was issues with a one year restricted licence in November 2020 (I was slow in applying....) “ and you are now in the process or reapplying?

Sorry that should of said I was Issued with a one year licence that expired in November 2020. I’m now in the process of reapplying after the one year licence has expired, paperwork was sent in about 2 months before expiry. All paperwork sent from myself and GP, but have been asked to go for a second CDT.

That makes sense, but so long as your GP has said you are OK to drive and they have you a completed application you just carry on driving, just the CDT repeat is a pain. As I said in the last answer though, it can go on for up to 6 years. The depression aspect as well as the alcohol issue will be making them cautious.

That makes sense, but so long as your GP has said you are OK to drive and they have you a completed application you just carry on driving, just the CDT repeat is a pain. As I said in the last answer though, it can go on for up to 6 years. The depression aspect as well as the alcohol issue will be making them cautious.

Yeah it is a pain, even more frustrating given I’ve completely turned my life around, but at the same it’s my own fault for getting in this situation and could of been much worse.

Hi All,

I lost my licence back in April 2017 and was classified as a HRO due to a high reading. I had a history of alcohol misuse, in addition to depression, which was documented with my GP on several occasions during 2016-2017. My ban expired in Feb 2020 and I was issued a one year restricted licence in November 2020 (I was slow to reapply and had to get written confirmation from GP to take the CDT).

I passed the CDT as I’ve been completely abstinent since January 2018. I’m in the process of reapplying for my licence again and have been asked to go for another CDT test, which is not a problem just a bit of an Inconvenience more than anything.

Can anyone give me some guidance of whether I’m going to have go through this process each time I reapply? And how long can I expect this restricted licence to last? One year?

Thanks in advance.
Hi. I know yours is an older post, but can I ask, did you need to pay a fee when re-applying for your licence? Id so, how much was it.

Thanks

Hi. I know yours is an older post, but can I ask, did you need to pay a fee when re-applying for your licence? Id so, how much was it.

Thanks

Luna

If you are re-applying for your licence at the conclusion of a DD ban or a revocation period, you will have to pay a fee of around £110-120 for the DVLA medical along with a £65 fee for renewing the licence. If for whatever reason, you fail the medical, I am sure you are entitled to the £65 back, but the £110 is paid directly to the doctor or clinic who conducts your medical, so you do not get this back I'm afraid. Once you are back on the road, you do not pay for any future driving licence renewals or future medicals (as long as you pass them!).

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off