1) Fail to provide specimen - person in charge of vehicle (2) Drive motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit

Convicted Driver Insurance
I suspect its one of those stories where we are not told the full picture of what has happened and it seems the author has given his own version of events.

If this story is authentic, the police wouldn't have sufficient grounds to arrest 'Everywhere' at his home address as this is where the 'hip flask' defence comes in and the case wouldn't even pass the threshold test to get to court.

To consume a full bottle of wine in 20-25 mins between arriving home and the police turning up at the doorstep does take some doing though!!!!

CJ
What was the brand of sweet wine you consumed at 15 abv in 10 minutes.

If everyone here is sceptical I think and know by example - magistrates/judge really won’t.

Sorry but this is the truth.

I suspect its one of those stories where we are not told the full picture of what has happened and it seems the author has given his own version of events.

If this story is authentic, the police wouldn't have sufficient grounds to arrest 'Everywhere' at his home address as this is where the 'hip flask' defence comes in and the case wouldn't even pass the threshold test to get to court.

To consume a full bottle of wine in 20-25 mins between arriving home and the police turning up at the doorstep does take some doing though!!!!

CJ
As i said on other comments, the pub i went in i wasn't there for a night out, i went for a chat with someone (business) , the fact that someone who is a employee of that pub decided to start a fight with me and the bouncers kicked me out and they didn't kicked out that person instead can explain a lot. The bouncers call was malicious as i wasn't drunk but i got a bit angry, also i called one of them a ginger c...t when i left . 20-30 min was approximated by me, in reality is posible to be more nearly 1h. And yes i drunk from the bottle, and where i come from i could drink vodka with a straw. The problem on this forum there are to many people who tries to find excuses. Not here to lie anyone under a nickname. I later found out that i was getting set up, this is why i been offered a pint of guiness when i was already having some apple juice with ice ( pretending to be whiskey, so i don't look like a looser ). Not good on explaining things properly. But those people was planing to give me some drinks then to call police on me as soon as i am leaving ( i think ). Then when i was kicked out i was quite very under the limit. I owe a agency where if i loose my licence i loose business, house etc. My ex was involved with this set up as she called me and she knew i was drinking because i told her what i was doing on video call ( apparently to check that i am allright and if i got safe home after i left). So i guess they rang police when i was already home. None of this story was related to the police, i don't know if they clicked themselves. And very strange is that everyone those days get's their phone out to record, but none of those people record me leaving " apparently drunk ". Not even sure if in reallity was the pub security who rang or someone else pretending to be the pub security. But this is what i think that night happen. And i guess police checked with them for statements and none of them i guess had a clue.

Last edited:
What was the brand of sweet wine you consumed at 15 abv in 10 minutes.

If everyone here is sceptical I think and know by example - magistrates/judge really won’t.

Sorry but this is the truth.
Is called Moscatel De Valencia and is a white one if that is your question.

It does sound far fetched when you read it first which is why i suggested legal advise.
Short story. Went to the pub. Had 2 pints. Drunk 1 and a half as i was kicked out when someone started a fight on me. Went home and drunk a bottle of wine in thurst and anger straight from the bottle while my ex who was still at the pub video called me. Went for a piss then came downstairs and sat on the sofa. I heard someone knocking on the door. I oppened and police was there .I calculated around 45 min on my own doorbell camera . They asked for permision to come in. I let them in thinking that they came to discuss the argument. Arrested me in suspicion as i refuse to give sample at the road site ( sofa site). Got arrested, blew 75 at police station. Had the interview, i told them my very short story and a lot of no comment. Then i been released on bail for 45 days. Then they extended another month, then i got RUI. To be continued.

Last edited:
Short story. Went to the pub. Had 2 pints. Drunk 1 and a half as i was kicked out when someone started a fight on me. Went home and drunk a bottle of wine in thurst and anger straight from the bottle while my ex who was still at the pub video called me. Went for a piss then came downstairs and sat on the sofa. I heard someone knocking on the door. I oppened and police was there .I calculated around 45 min on my own doorbell camera . They asked for permision to come in. I let them in thinking that they came to discuss the argument. Arrested me in suspicion as i refuse to give sample at the road site ( sofa site). Got arrested, blew 75 at police station. Had the interview, i told them my very short story and a lot of no comment. Then i been released on bail for 45 days. Then they extended another month, then i got RUI. To be continued.
You should have never answered the door. I’d have gone straight to bed or just ignored it as they have no right once you’re in your house

You should have never answered the door. I’d have gone straight to bed or just ignored it as they have no right once you’re in your house
Tbh i never thought to such a hassle. I thought they came related to the argument and i thought the person who started a fight reported me so i answered to explain that the story was opposite, in fact they had other business. Also they can break the door. Now not sure if they have grounds to do it when there is no accident or any incident related.

Tbh i never thought to such a hassle. I thought they came related to the argument and i thought the person who started a fight reported me so i answered to explain that the story was opposite, in fact they had other business. Also they can break the door. Now not sure if they have grounds to do it when there is no accident or any incident related.
I think it would cost more trying to defend this with a risk of a longer ban at the end of it. My situation was annoying as I stopped and had a drink , then officer on foot knocked on window like 5 min later. They just assume I was drink driving so they done r for drink driving blew 59 and got 15 month ban down to 11.5 months. Currently 8 months left. If I was you I would just take the ban and not bother wasting money to just be found guilty and be worse off

I think it would cost more trying to defend this with a risk of a longer ban at the end of it. My situation was annoying as I stopped and had a drink , then officer on foot knocked on window like 5 min later. They just assume I was drink driving so they done r for drink driving blew 59 and got 15 month ban down to 11.5 months. Currently 8 months left. If I was you I would just take the ban and not bother wasting money to just be found guilty and be worse off
I haven't wasted any money so far. They released me under investigation now. Nothing that they can investigate anymore. So is just formalities. If you was sat in the car you can still be charged as person in charge of vehicle or attempted to drive. The law is made that way so you not suppose to drink in the car or around the car.

The dog ate my homework too.

Apologies, couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, that is EXACTLY what this story reads like.

Whatever course of action you decide, you are going to have to close some of the wide open gaps in between the lines here, which are all too easy to read into. Perhaps the wrong way, perhaps not.

I don't doubt the animosity of the ex and her friend towards you (I know all about that). Nor do I doubt their surreptitious intentions towards you (I know all about that too). And I certainly do not doubt the attitude of the bouncers.

But what you have to realise is that we have all heard this before on here. And so has the magistrate. And the cops. And the lawyers who will hang you out to dry at the expense of your hopes of getting off. And here's the interesting thing... with what we have heard before, EVERYONE says exactly what you are saying.

Is there some kind of loophole here the police are exploiting against us legitimate, poor unfortunate victims, who managed to get pissed in half an hour because of bad shit that happened literally just before - in a pub at 01:30 in the morning I should add (no, absolutely nothing fishy about that) - where we have admitted to consuming alcohol, just not as much as they say? And where (again admittedly) it has kicked off and you and you alone have been ejected (rightly or wrongly)? Yeah right.

Even you have to admit this really doesn't look good. It's all too convenient. And that is exactly how it will be viewed by a beak who sees this shit every... single... day.

The case before mine was a DUI. The case after mine was a DUI. Seriously they have heard it ALL BEFORE dude.

Whether or not you've been done up like a kipper or you're lying matters little really. The situation is real. You have two choices therefore - find better, solid proof that you were not drunk when you left the place in the early hours having admitted drinking Guinness and apple chasers (oh and buying lots more Guinness but not for you, obviously...), or just swallow it and take the punishment. Like 99% of us on here were strong enough to admit and do.

I don't blame you for looking for a way out of all this. Especially if - somehow - there is truth in what you say. It's natural to with so much at stake, and we all have our reasons.

My advice would be to make peace with the bad company you keep, implore them for help, it seems your only choice here opposed to doing the other obvious thing in just admitting your guilt. And after that, keep better company in future.

Regardless, I wish you the best with your situation... whatever the truth of it all is it must be hugely distressing for you. But just know that no magistrate in the land will look fondly on a not guilty plea that cannot be substantiated. You will only make a bad situation worse.

Good luck.

I am not good at explaining things, in fact the more i explain the more i make things more complicated and they sound far fetched
, so that is solicitor job. If you think after 2 months and a half of bail they will not have enough evidence to charge me, what do you think they will find new evidence while i am release under investigation ?
I am very certain i was under the limit when i got home. There was times in the past when covid kicked out and first thing i used two do is to drink to shots of 100ml whiskey before jumping in the shower. They have cctv to see how much i drunk and the state i was if need it.

The dog ate my homework too.

Apologies, couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, that is EXACTLY what this story reads like.

Whatever course of action you decide, you are going to have to close some of the wide open gaps in between the lines here, which are all too easy to read into. Perhaps the wrong way, perhaps not.

I don't doubt the animosity of the ex and her friend towards you (I know all about that). Nor do I doubt their surreptitious intentions towards you (I know all about that too). And I certainly do not doubt the attitude of the bouncers.

But what you have to realise is that we have all heard this before on here. And so has the magistrate. And the cops. And the lawyers who will hang you out to dry at the expense of your hopes of getting off. And here's the interesting thing... with what we have heard before, EVERYONE says exactly what you are saying.

Is there some kind of loophole here the police are exploiting against us legitimate, poor unfortunate victims, who managed to get pissed in half an hour because of bad shit that happened literally just before - in a pub at 01:30 in the morning I should add (no, absolutely nothing fishy about that) - where we have admitted to consuming alcohol, just not as much as they say? And where (again admittedly) it has kicked off and you and you alone have been ejected (rightly or wrongly)? Yeah right.

Even you have to admit this really doesn't look good. It's all too convenient. And that is exactly how it will be viewed by a beak who sees this shit every... single... day.

The case before mine was a DUI. The case after mine was a DUI. Seriously they have heard it ALL BEFORE dude.

Whether or not you've been done up like a kipper or you're lying matters little really. The situation is real. You have two choices therefore - find better, solid proof that you were not drunk when you left the place in the early hours having admitted drinking Guinness and apple chasers (oh and buying lots more Guinness but not for you, obviously...), or just swallow it and take the punishment. Like 99% of us on here were strong enough to admit and do.

I don't blame you for looking for a way out of all this. Especially if - somehow - there is truth in what you say. It's natural to with so much at stake, and we all have our reasons.

My advice would be to make peace with the bad company you keep, implore them for help, it seems your only choice here opposed to doing the other obvious thing in just admitting your guilt. And after that, keep better company in future.

Regardless, I wish you the best with your situation... whatever the truth of it all is it must be hugely distressing for you. But just know that no magistrate in the land will look fondly on a not guilty plea that cannot be substantiated. You will only make a bad situation worse.

Good luck.
This is why i didn't even bother telling this story to the police. They will be able to watch the cctv and see what happen. Also i went to the pub just passed midnight for the specific reason i mentioned before, i haven't said at any point i drunk a bottle of wine in 10 min. I was not more than 1h at the pub and i left around 1:30 and it was 2:20 am when police knocked on my door( i checked my doorbell camera) . How can you explain that ? In fact if they was called in concern they will not take nearly 50 min to arrive. Even shorting this time to 20-30 min as i assumed. And yes i drunk a bottle of wine straight from the bottle, i haven't said i drunk the bottle in one go.

This can explain that they was called after when a certain person knew that i consumed at home.
But trying to explain that the bouncers are good friends with a person who hate my guts and at the same time my ex who is also a friend with them will make things well to complicated and not on my favour.

Last edited:
This is why i didn't even bother telling this story to the police. They will be able to watch the cctv and see what happen.

Will they? How do you know, and what compels them to do this? They have their case against you already. They know you have form for this behaviour as well - another thing that works against you I am afraid.

Do you have the CCTV, and if not will you even be able to obtain it?

Was it pointing at you for the entire 1.5 hrs you were in the pub?

Does it account for where you were before this?

The assumption that you were sober when you entered the premises at midnight is something else that you are assuming they will just take as read. They have no need to make this assumption with the case they had already, and three or four people who it seems would be willing to testify against you.

I'm really not trying to be an arse here BTW, I am just telling you how it all looks, having seen this now time and time again after 5 years of lurking on this site.

Will they? How do you know, and what compels them to do this? They have their case against you already. They know you have form for this behaviour as well - another thing that works against you I am afraid.

The assumption that you were sober when you entered the premises at midnight is something else that you are assuming they will just take as read. They have no need to make this assumption with the case they had already, and three or four people who it seems would be willing to testify against you.

I'm really not trying to be an arse here BTW, I am just telling you how it all looks, having seen this now time and time again after 5 years of lurking on this site.
I repeat i am awful on explaining things. I think i always add details that they not even necessary. Yes i was sober when i went there. Also my car wasn't parked by the pub. How will the bouncers be able to know my reg no ?

Who's the 3 or 4 people willing to testify against me ?

Bouncers, ex, ex's friend, according to you. That's your 3-4 people.

I really can't advise you anymore on this. You're adamant of your innocence, and that's fine. Only you know the truth. All I'm saying is that from what you yourself have said - i.e. the groundswell of opinion against you, the readings which are over the prescribed limit (and sufficiently so to indicate more that just a bottle and two pints), stories of apple juice, the amount of beer you admit to buying (even if not for you), your prior conviction, the time of day this all occurred, the agro that ensued, and the fact that you have admitted to drinking... I do wish you the best of luck.

Bouncers, ex, ex's friend, according to you. That's your 3-4 people.

I really can't advise you anymore on this. You're adamant of your innocence, and that's fine. Only you know the truth. All I'm saying is that from what you yourself have said - i.e. the groundswell of opinion against you, the readings which are over the prescribed limit (and sufficiently so to indicate more that just a bottle and two pints), stories of apple juice, the amount of beer you admit to buying (even if not for you), your prior conviction, the time of day this all occurred, the agro that ensued, and the fact that you have admitted to drinking... I do wish you the best of luck.
I agree with this. I still believe at the end it’ll be easier to accept the punishment and move on. It won’t drag as much into a trial etc after not pleading guilty, then all the solicitors will claim that they can win the case…just lying to get all your money. I have seen people here spend 10k+ just to be found guilty at the end and be worse off with a longer ban on top of that.

I was like that at the start thinking to plead not guilty, but then I realised having to wait for trial date / money spend etc by that time my original ban would be done before all the havoc of a trial is over. 3 months in already it don’t feel as bad only 8 left

I agree with this. I still believe at the end it’ll be easier to accept the punishment and move on. It won’t drag as much into a trial etc after not pleading guilty, then all the solicitors will claim that they can win the case…just lying to get all your money. I have seen people here spend 10k+ just to be found guilty at the end and be worse off with a longer ban on top of that.

I was like that at the start thinking to plead not guilty, but then I realised having to wait for trial date / money spend etc by that time my original ban would be done before all the havoc of a trial is over. 3 months in already it don’t feel as bad only 8 left
I will go not guilty till the end as i know i haven't drink drive at any point. No matter how fetched sound my story. If they was so sure i will be sent to court ages ago. So far i am not even charged but under investigation, after 3 months.

I think you would prefer to be released under bail.... I thought RUI had no time limit. I know my step daughters EX was bailed but before that run out they changed it to RUI so they didn't have a time limit and it's still dragging on.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off