Zero Negativity

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nick Trafalgar

Good morning - I found this forum yesterday we all have a story and this is mine for anyone who's interested and I also would like to try and help anyone who isn't feeling great at the moment - I was stopped by the police on sunday 1st November - I was over the limit I blew 103 at the police station - I was in a cell from 5pm sunday until 11am monday 2nd November - didn't want food but accepted coffee - my court date is on the 4th December - I'm guilty no question - I've been in a not very good place recently since my partner died of leukaemia about a year ago....Dad died when I was 3 years old he shot himself and my mum remarried a very bad man.. divorced him mum died when I was 10 - was adopted at 10 years old - joined Army at 16 and saw my friend Sav killed in North Belfast shot by IRA terrorists I was fine (ish) until my partner was snatched away from me with her cancer that came on very suddenly and it was 2 weeks from becoming very poorly to passing away - a very very aggressive form of leukaemia - I'd been drinking too much since she died and stupidly drove to see a friend on the day I was caught - I do not need or want sympathy - I'm explaining this so folks know they're not on their own and many people have had a rough time of things in their lives - I felt bloody awful and completely ashamed upon my release from the cell on the monday morning ..........However I've now accepted I will face what I have to face on the 4th December and I will be polite and show my genuine remorse in court and prepare a statement to try my best to keep my punishment as low as I possibly can - I can't afford a solicitor - I couldn't care less what other people think about me - so am not worried about being in the newspaper - 'let he or she who is without sin cast the first stone' and no I'm not religious - I'm now resigned to the fact I will lose my license on the 4th December probably for about 24 months and I will have to undertake community service - and so it is - there's nothing I can do now - I'm being positive though and I hope anyone who's in this situation or similar can find that positivity too - find strength from within because it really IS there if you seek it you just have to dig deep enough and think about what you DO still have ....friends, family maybe and hopefully your health - I'm going to be cycling my arse everywhere after my court date and I WILL lose my job without any doubt as I do home delivery driving for a big supermarket chain - job gone - I'm reading a book by Ant Middleton the bloke from SAS who dares wins on channel 4 - It's called 'Zero Negativity' and its excellent and the lessons are for both Men & Women - I've started running again and feel better for it - I listen to what I call my 'power songs' every morning to get the day going everyone will have their own 'power songs' mine are 'don't look back' by Boston 'Warriors & 'Shine' by Aswad amongst others - Do something positive to start your day everyday and learn not to give a damn about what other people say or think - take your punishment and get through it and find a way to manage without driving - I'm running and cycling and I'll be slim and fit because of it which is a positive - train yourself to only think positively and turn any negative into a positive there may not seem much to be positive about but there IS even if it's only a small thing - anyone CAN change the road they're on - start it today :cool: :) - I'm off out for a run now in the rain :) - have a good day everyone and hope I can help anyone if they need some help - I will be happy to do so if I possibly can - turn that frown upside down :)

.....'Don't look back' .....and 'Peace of mind' both by Boston on you tube - choose the 'with lyrics' versions - may help inspire anyone and may not - would love to hear of any songs with lyrics that inspire from folks - DD is not the end of life it's just a hiccup we could do without and is certainly to be taken seriously - I (we) made an error of judgement and bad decision and will pay for it now - and life will go onwards :)

.....'Don't look back' .....and 'Peace of mind' both by Boston on you tube - choose the 'with lyrics' versions - may help inspire anyone and may not - would love to hear of any songs with lyrics that inspire from folks - DD is not the end of life it's just a hiccup we could do without and is certainly to be taken seriously - I (we) made an error of judgement and bad decision and will pay for it now - and life will go onwards :)
Thank you Nick one thing I have learnt through the process of the police, cell. Waiting for court (months due to delay in blood results = machine was faulty for breath) court, then in my case professional body investigation that to re focus your mind. Be thankful for the small things even birds in the garden and every day is a new day
But I have learned you survive & next week I can drive again. So my message to you be strong & look the whole world in the eye

@Nick Trafalgar Your job isn't necessarily gone Nick. I was a driver for Sainsbury's but they kept me on to load the vans instead of drive them. Stick with food retail for now. It's one of the only sectors that's stable in this pandemic. Just be honest with your Line Manager. It's as simple as a phone call to HR to get your contract changed. Admire your spirit though. Doesn't surprise me that you're a fighter, inside and out.

Thanks Dannyjam - I will do exactly what you've advised - it's a 50/50 outcome - they can tell me to walk or they can understand and try to help me - it's a terribly lonely place when you're depressed but there are many people suffering with the terrible sudden loss of a loved one - i'm not the first and I won't be the last that's for sure. Yesterday in Tesco's I found and bought a book purely by chance by Tyson Fury the heavyweight boxer who suffered badly with deep depression - I started to read it today and its excellent and is really helping - I can recommend this book for anyone suffering - Exercise is really good and even a nice walk in the countryside can help - no need to go off and run a marathon straight away - I wish everyone all the best and stay positive - Give Mr Tyson Fury's book a read - He's a very tough man and if he can suffer from depression it can happen to anyone and it's nothing to be ashamed of - you don't have to be a heavyweight boxing champion to be a fighter and anyone can be a fighter without throwing a single punch

Reactions: TPR
Good morning - I found this forum yesterday we all have a story and this is mine for anyone who's interested and I also would like to try and help anyone who isn't feeling great at the moment - I was stopped by the police on sunday 1st November - I was over the limit I blew 103 at the police station - I was in a cell from 5pm sunday until 11am monday 2nd November - didn't want food but accepted coffee - my court date is on the 4th December - I'm guilty no question - I've been in a not very good place recently since my partner died of leukaemia about a year ago....Dad died when I was 3 years old he shot himself and my mum remarried a very bad man.. divorced him mum died when I was 10 - was adopted at 10 years old - joined Army at 16 and saw my friend Sav killed in North Belfast shot by IRA terrorists I was fine (ish) until my partner was snatched away from me with her cancer that came on very suddenly and it was 2 weeks from becoming very poorly to passing away - a very very aggressive form of leukaemia - I'd been drinking too much since she died and stupidly drove to see a friend on the day I was caught - I do not need or want sympathy - I'm explaining this so folks know they're not on their own and many people have had a rough time of things in their lives - I felt bloody awful and completely ashamed upon my release from the cell on the monday morning ..........However I've now accepted I will face what I have to face on the 4th December and I will be polite and show my genuine remorse in court and prepare a statement to try my best to keep my punishment as low as I possibly can - I can't afford a solicitor - I couldn't care less what other people think about me - so am not worried about being in the newspaper - 'let he or she who is without sin cast the first stone' and no I'm not religious - I'm now resigned to the fact I will lose my license on the 4th December probably for about 24 months and I will have to undertake community service - and so it is - there's nothing I can do now - I'm being positive though and I hope anyone who's in this situation or similar can find that positivity too - find strength from within because it really IS there if you seek it you just have to dig deep enough and think about what you DO still have ....friends, family maybe and hopefully your health - I'm going to be cycling my arse everywhere after my court date and I WILL lose my job without any doubt as I do home delivery driving for a big supermarket chain - job gone - I'm reading a book by Ant Middleton the bloke from SAS who dares wins on channel 4 - It's called 'Zero Negativity' and its excellent and the lessons are for both Men & Women - I've started running again and feel better for it - I listen to what I call my 'power songs' every morning to get the day going everyone will have their own 'power songs' mine are 'don't look back' by Boston 'Warriors & 'Shine' by Aswad amongst others - Do something positive to start your day everyday and learn not to give a damn about what other people say or think - take your punishment and get through it and find a way to manage without driving - I'm running and cycling and I'll be slim and fit because of it which is a positive - train yourself to only think positively and turn any negative into a positive there may not seem much to be positive about but there IS even if it's only a small thing - anyone CAN change the road they're on - start it today :cool: :) - I'm off out for a run now in the rain :) - have a good day everyone and hope I can help anyone if they need some help - I will be happy to do so if I possibly can - turn that frown upside down :)
Hi nick,sorry to hear about your situation you appear a strong man and use your words effectivally,tell your employer your situation and ask for a new role within the company,you may just get lucky.dont worry about your court hearing this will come and go,and I think you know what punishment to expect.you will adapt without a car.just remain positive and make the days count dont count the day.best wishes ace.

Thanks Ace - I'm glad I found this community and website and I value the advice - many thanks to you all - I used to teach Estate management skills at Bicton agricultural college and my expertise I suppose is foraging for wild plants for medicine ,food and utility and also wilderness survival skills, bushcraft and advanced navigation with map and compass - I'm hoping to start running.....no .I'm GOING to start running my own courses for folks from next spring and I'm also going to look into helping folks with depression with some courses for free - nature really can help I believe so I'm offering now anyone on here who would like to come along and have a good day out and I will teach you all about our wild plants - there's an awful lot to learn :) - I won't have a driving license next spring and I live in Devon - I will post a date and and any necessary information when I've planned the day - Anyone is welcome you'd just need to get to Devon and we will have a laugh and a good day - I hope it will be something to look forward to for folks - Thanks again for the advice everyone, and if I can help anyone too please give me a shout - take care for now and remain positive :)

Hi Nick
a very inspiring post have you got any further ideas to help with positivity as I am struggling at the moment

Hi Nick
a very inspiring post have you got any further ideas to help with positivity as I am struggling at the moment
Take each day at a time try to get out of the house, count the things each day to be thankful for even a bird singing

Hi Nick
Hi December - Well positivity comes from deep within - It is there .....if you seek it. I went to court on the 4th December and was banned from driving for 26 months and a £319 fine - I will do whatever I can as I said to help - I've found a job on a farm now as a labourer and its extremely hard work and I'm aching all over especially my back - I get up at 5am and cycle to the farm as of course I can't drive anymore - I'm 57 and its proper heavy duty graft .....but I'm doing it - my positive is I'm losing my slightly tubby belly and becoming rather buff in the process because of the very heavy hard work - if you want to talk December I'll be happy to chat - anyone can change the way they think and see positive in virtually any situation - I've cut out all the negativity in my life and cycle everywhere - I've ditched my mobile phone (we all managed perfectly well before they were invented) I'm not on any social media websites at all - I read a lot.....I've learnt that my inner peace comes from leading the simplest of lives and that we all don't really need quite as much as we think we do - especially material things - rolex watch or Porsche can't hug you tight and tell you they love you and material things won't be going with you when you move on from this life - and may I wish one and all a very merry Christmas :) - all the best

Hi December - Well positivity comes from deep within - It is there .....if you seek it. I went to court on the 4th December and was banned from driving for 26 months and a £319 fine - I will do whatever I can as I said to help - I've found a job on a farm now as a labourer and its extremely hard work and I'm aching all over especially my back - I get up at 5am and cycle to the farm as of course I can't drive anymore - I'm 57 and its proper heavy duty graft .....but I'm doing it - my positive is I'm losing my slightly tubby belly and becoming rather buff in the process because of the very heavy hard work - if you want to talk December I'll be happy to chat - anyone can change the way they think and see positive in virtually any situation - I've cut out all the negativity in my life and cycle everywhere - I've ditched my mobile phone (we all managed perfectly well before they were invented) I'm not on any social media websites at all - I read a lot.....I've learnt that my inner peace comes from leading the simplest of lives and that we all don't really need quite as much as we think we do - especially material things - rolex watch or Porsche can't hug you tight and tell you they love you and material things won't be going with you when you move on from this life - and may I wish one and all a very merry Christmas :) - all the best

Hi
thank you for your reply yes it would be lovely to chat I have sent you a private message as could do with some of your help

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off