Written to my GP.. Medical records haven't arrived.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Got there in the end. The first blood test wasn't used because it was too late getting to the lab (Christmas post I think). So I went for another one and got my license a couple of weeks after that (mid-Jan). It's valid for a year so have to apply again at the back end of this year but really don't care - just happy to back on the road.

The one thing I would say to people is to keep ringing the DVLA for an update because the letters seem to arrive pretty consistently 8 days after they are dated. If I hadn't of phoned them and acted on what they told me over the phone instead of waiting for letters I would still be sitting here without a license.

The lack of liver function tests from my GP seemed in my case to be a non-issue.
Sooo happy for you, that's lovely news, thanks for letting me know :)

Got there in the end. The first blood test wasn't used because it was too late getting to the lab (Christmas post I think). So I went for another one and got my license a couple of weeks after that (mid-Jan). It's valid for a year so have to apply again at the back end of this year but really don't care - just happy to back on the road.

The one thing I would say to people is to keep ringing the DVLA for an update because the letters seem to arrive pretty consistently 8 days after they are dated. If I hadn't of phoned them and acted on what they told me over the phone instead of waiting for letters I would still be sitting here without a license.

The lack of liver function tests from my GP seemed in my case to be a non-issue.
No LFT
Luck of the draw but we'll done and happy drivings

Of course might of been depending what GP wrote in report! Back in my day 2012 the dvla stated GP reports were for guidance only!
However since the Glasgow bin lorry incident they rely more n more frequently on GP reports so they can slink there shoulders!
But we'll done the key thing along with LFT is making sure you have your GP backings

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off