Writing a letter of apology

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shoegal

Well Known Member
Has anyone done this when going to court? I am wracked with guilt and remorse and feel I need to apologise.just wondering how I should word it x

Has anyone done this when going to court? I am wracked with guilt and remorse and feel I need to apologise.just wondering how I should word it x
Yes I did & used it for my professional body who post court I had to send information to. It was noted to showed remorse & also I realised I could have caused a fatality. It was handed in with my character references in court on the day
I can dig it out & send you info if helps ?

Yes I did & used it for my professional body who post court I had to send information to. It was noted to showed remorse & also I realised I could have caused a fatality. It was handed in with my character references in court on the day
I can dig it out & send you info if helps ?
Yes please January. I’m in court on Wednesday so want to get my paperwork sorted today. I will also need to go through my professional body for a disciplinary. Thank you so much x

Yes please January. I’m in court on Wednesday so want to get my paperwork sorted today. I will also need to go through my professional body for a disciplinary. Thank you so much x
I perhaps should not be saying this, but why would you report it to your Professional Body? They can only find out if you self refer and if you are lucky enough to keep your job, then you won't need to apply for another one until the ban is up.

I perhaps should not be saying this, but why would you report it to your Professional Body? They can only find out if you self refer and if you are lucky enough to keep your job, then you won't need to apply for another one until the ban is up.
Not a good thing to do, DBS checks are completed for teachers every 3 years, so it would show up on the next check and the issue would be worse because it had not been reported.
It is more than that for some professions. I am a foster carer and ours are repeated every 2 years.

Not a good thing to do, DBS checks are completed for teachers every 3 years, so it would show up on the next check and the issue would be worse because it had not been reported.
It is more than that for some professions. I am a foster carer and ours are repeated every 2 years.
Yes, I was just curious. Some professional bodies will never undertake a Disclosure on a member. It would only be done by a prospective employer. I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem for a teacher if it is a one off.

The issues I have seen is where it is a teacher in post- reaching PSHE and it was viewed as incompatible and she was sacked.
she did, however, gain another teaching post a few weeks later after being open with the new school in her application.
It can depend on if the case is in the papers and the school is mentioned.

Thanks everyone. I did notify my boss straight away. I will definitely be having a fitness to practice hearing in a few months. The consequences of what I’ve done are far reaching. I’ve hurt my family, damaged my reputation and possibly a career of 23 years and have a lot of money to find for repairs on my car which is on a PCP. It has been a very difficult but necessary lesson and a mistake I will never repeat. I haven’t touched a drop of alcohol since. I am determined to learn from this. I never ever want anyone to go through this and I realise it could’ve been a lot worse. Thank you for your replies x

I am a nurse, and self reported to the NMC. By far the best thing to do, and I now understand anyway that convictions are automatically referred to the NMC. To self report certainly shows some responsibility, and that we take accountability for our actions.
Interestingly I have seen posts on here discussing the validity of taking references to court. The solicitor I saw was actually generally helpful, but his view was that testimonials were unlikely to make any difference to the outcome. I did as it happens take some personal character references. There was a judge in court the day I attended, and I noticed that he did in fact take time to look through them.
If I had understood that these might be important I would have made certain that I had professional references, and also a letter of apology. It is so easy to not think clearly if there is a short time between the offence and court appearance as we are generally not feeling that great about ourselves.
When I heard that there was a judge in attendance that day my heart sank, however my solicitor who knew him,
said he was someone who considered the information presented to him, and that this was if anything, a positive.
As it turned out I didn’t have to do any Community Service and my ban was reduced to 15 months as I completed the DD Course
Interestingly the NMC felt that failure to provide a specimen was on the lower end of the spectrum.....absolutely not what the DVLA would say!!
This forum is an amazing resource for discovering information about a subject that many of us had just about no understanding of.....thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

If you Google apologie letter to court for drink driving there are some amazing examples you just need to change a few words but I highly recommend it 👌

Yes, I was just curious. Some professional bodies will never undertake a Disclosure on a member. It would only be done by a prospective employer. I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem for a teacher if it is a one off.
Nursing is similar you have to self report any conviction

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off