Would this be classed as a second offence in 10 years?

Convicted Driver Insurance

cjohnson

Hi all,

I have recently blew 60 a few days ago and have been charged with DD and have a dr40 from 2019, would this be considered a second offence within the 10 year period?
I have looked around for the guidelines but it doesnt make much sense.
Thanks for any help/advice

The best way to understand this is to look at this thread where I explained your situation last year:

In a nutshell, you will not trigger the minimum 3 year ban for this offence, because you have not had 2 disqualifications in 10 years, that is the criteria for the court.
But DVLA will take the view that you have 2 Drink drive ‘related’ convictions in 10 years and they will treat you as a HRO and require a medical at the end of the ban.

The best way to understand this is to look at this thread where I explained your situation last year:

In a nutshell, you will not trigger the minimum 3 year ban for this offence, because you have not had 2 disqualifications in 10 years, that is the criteria for the court.
But DVLA will take the view that you have 2 Drink drive ‘related’ convictions in 10 years and they will treat you as a HRO and require a medical at the end of the ban.
Thanks for the info price, much appreciated

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off