Women needing support for DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

Reets

Established Member
Please PM me if you need support from event through court and consequences.

Do not think your life is over.

Please PM me rather than this distress.
I have been through it and come through the other side.

I am a mother of 2 kids. My incident happened much later in life (40’s). Never thought I would do something so stupid..

I will support and advise you. It is NOT the end of your world…

Feel free to PM me and I will hand hold you from start to end.

Last edited:

I am a mother of 2 kids. My incident happened much later in life (40’s). Never thought I would do something so stupid..

Good for you girl !!!

Reets

I am a bloke and I found the whole experience distressing too!

What I will say - and most members on this forum will back me up here is - life does start to slowly improve as time moves on.

It is three & a half years since my DD conviction and other than the occasion visit to this forum site, I rarely give the experience of my arrest, time in police custody, charge, court appearance, community service & DD ban a second thought these days.

Even having a DD conviction hasn't hindered me. It's not an offence committed with intent or malice and a lot of people I know have criminal records for historical petty stuff such as public order offences or getting a juvenile caution 20 odd years ago. Does it really matter?

I do find it extraordinary that some people commit Drink Driving more than once. Knowing what I know now - I would never put myself though this again.

As for the soapbox brigade (the people who say all drink drivers should be hung, drawn & quartered) - well these idiots sit in their ivory towers, but I bet they have still broke the speed limit occasionally and people get killed because of speeding drivers!!!!

Reets - it is great if you can help others on here. I'd like to think I too was helpful to past members on here in 2019/20, but unfortunately I don't spend that much time on site anymore.

It goes without saying, because my life has moved on so much in the last few years, I don't necessarily have enough downtime anymore, which is another example of how everyone's life WILL move forward after the trauma of a DD conviction.

CJ

Reets

What I will say - and most members on this forum will back me up here is - life does start to slowly improve as time moves on.

It is three & a half years since my DD conviction and other than the occasion visit to this forum site, I rarely give the experience of my arrest, time in police custody, charge, court appearance, community service & DD ban a second thought these days.

Even having a DD conviction hasn't hindered me. It's not an offence committed with intent or malice and a lot of people I know have criminal records for historical petty stuff such as public order offences or getting a juvenile caution 20 odd years ago. Does it really matter?

I do find it extraordinary that some people commit Drink Driving more than once. Knowing what I know now - I would never put myself though this again.

As for the soapbox brigade (the people who say all drink drivers should be hung, drawn & quartered) - well these idiots sit in their ivory towers, but I bet they have still broke the speed limit occasionally and people get killed because of speeding drivers!!!!

Reets - it is great if you can help others on here. I'd like to think I too was helpful to past members on here in 2019/20, but unfortunately I don't spend that much time on site anymore.

It goes without saying, because my life has moved on so much in the last few years, I don't necessarily have enough downtime anymore, which is another example of how everyone's life WILL move forward after the trauma of a DD conviction.

CJ
Well said and will add i bet there's not many that haven't dink drived in some shape or form the amount of people who have drove the next day a sesh the night previous all are over the limit I just think stones and glass houses

This is so amazing of you. I remember how I felt at the beginning of all of this in April 2021. No joke.... I felt suicidal. Actually thought it would be easier to not be here than face court for the first time. It was all a first for me and struggled immensely at first. As soon as court was over in August 2021, I felt a huge weight lift. Gone through 11 months of my ban now, 1 month left and a DVLA medical on 4th August (so maybe a little longer depending on how the DVLA treat my case). I can't wait to be back on the roads and have all of this over and done with. Thank you for being a lending ear to others. That's so good of you. I only found this forum in March so I struggled thinking I was alone in this for 11 months! Wish I found this forum sooner!! X

This is so amazing of you. I remember how I felt at the beginning of all of this in April 2021. No joke.... I felt suicidal. Actually thought it would be easier to not be here than face court for the first time. It was all a first for me and struggled immensely at first. As soon as court was over in August 2021, I felt a huge weight lift. Gone through 11 months of my ban now, 1 month left and a DVLA medical on 4th August (so maybe a little longer depending on how the DVLA treat my case). I can't wait to be back on the roads and have all of this over and done with. Thank you for being a lending ear to others. That's so good of you. I only found this forum in March so I struggled thinking I was alone in this for 11 months! Wish I found this forum sooner!! X
Thanks All.
I apologise, I mention 'women only' as I felt isolated and alone as a woman. My boyfriend knows loads of 'men' that have this conviction, but I knew of no women and felt ostracised.

@Samilewi - I also didn't find this forum until much later on. AND I also wanted to commit suicide during those 3 weeks before my court appearance and thereafter. The stigma with DD is up there with manslaughter. Clearly I could have killed someone but fortunately didn't. However, my boss had to come to court and has kept a really close eye on me ever since (which has been hard work), I am on beta blockers for anxiety and I hate driving.

I talked someone through the process summer last year. No one can never know how deeply upsetting the experience is; guilt and shame unless you have a resilient attitude.

This also happened around the same time and I always feel shame that this poor woman's death (who lived quite locally to me) could have been prevented had the appropriate support been there for her... Her poor family and child.

Thanks All.
I apologise, I mention 'women only' as I felt isolated and alone as a woman. My boyfriend knows loads of 'men' that have this conviction, but I knew of no women and felt ostracised.

@Samilewi - I also didn't find this forum until much later on. AND I also wanted to commit suicide during those 3 weeks before my court appearance and thereafter. The stigma with DD is up there with manslaughter. Clearly I could have killed someone but fortunately didn't. However, my boss had to come to court and has kept a really close eye on me ever since (which has been hard work), I am on beta blockers for anxiety and I hate driving.

I talked someone through the process summer last year. No one can never know how deeply upsetting the experience is; guilt and shame unless you have a resilient attitude.

This also happened around the same time and I always feel shame that this poor woman's death (who lived quite locally to me) could have been prevented had the appropriate support been there for her... Her poor family and child.
I absolutely feel the same as you. I also have a child who has autism as needs me. I felt so unbelievably guilty for feeling the way I did on the run up to court. I had my hearing 2 weeks after the incident then I had to wait until August from April for my court date. You can imagine how I was feeling in those months. I plead not guilty on the grounds of failing to supply a specimen of breath due to panic attacks and I had medication and a doctors note to back me up but the court still found me guilty. Either way, what's done is done. It's nearly over now and soon I can put this to bed and never look back.

I understand and appreciate that you made a post for women going through this. I actually felt like the only woman going through it at the time and no support like this forum at the time just sent my head west! I hope others find this and it gives them comfort they are not alone. Ofcourse I see that men are going through this too and we're all in the same boat. I hope everyone experiencing this sees the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a difficult time but lessons will be learnt and hopefully never again repeated!

There have been quite a lot of women posting on this forum who have been caught, so you're definitely not alone.

Thanks All.

I knew exactly what you meant. Your offer was generous and of value and does not require further explanation.

Well said and will add i bet there's not many that haven't dink drived in some shape or form the amount of people who have drove the next day a sesh the night previous all are over the limit I just think stones and glass houses

I would say at least 80%, perhaps even more than 90% of non-teetotal adults in this country with a valid driving licence have had at least one occasion in their adult lives where they have driven a vehicle either over or borderline the UK drink driving limit.

Its easy to judge other peoples mistakes, but I do think many law abiding people out there don't realise how easy it is to commit either Section 4 or 5 of the Road Traffic Act. Millions never get caught, but we on the forum are the ones who paid the price - I would like to think it made us all better people though.

CJ

Reets

CJ
Seven years on and I do. I still (in my head) think others remember and still judge.

My mum still worries if I am off mood or quiet it’s because I’ve been drinking.

I worry if I call in sick at work people might think it’s because I’m drinking.

I read a quote on here once that being found guilty of DD is the gift that keeps on giving and I do feel thats right.

When I was ‘arrested’ and spent the night in the cell - post-cell this guy gave me some leaflets about drink / drugs and rehabilitation.
I wonder if the forum could be included as a ‘go to’; it really could _save a life_.
We are all constructive here and admit our crimes/mistake. There’s no shady business.
Up to Mods but I would most certainly invest some time to raise awareness of this forum that potentially saved my life …
Please PM me if we could raise awareness in order to save lives. 🙏

Last edited:
Seven years on and I do. I still (in my head) think others remember and still judge.

My mum still worries if I am off mood or quiet it’s because I’ve been drinking.

I worry if I call in sick at work people might think it’s because I’m drinking.

I read a quote on here once that being found guilty of DD is the gift that keeps on giving and I do feel thats right.
I think I may have said the ‘gift that keeps on giving’! @MaryM123 🤦‍♀️

I think with me it is the prospect of having children. My other half is ademant things need to be secure, he keeps saying he is getting old and he isn't getting younger.... I am looking at a two year driving ban. I am 30. I just worry about my life.

Hi thank you for your post I am new to this site as just been banned for 20 months absolutely devastated i Feel like my life is over just can’t believe I am in this situation

Hi thank you for your post I am new to this site as just been banned for 20 months absolutely devastated i Feel like my life is over just can’t believe I am in this situation
There are a lot of people to talk to on here and you aren't alone ❤️ This forum has been helping me come to terms with things so I hope it helps you too. If you need to talk feel free to message (though I am one of those people who takes 5 days to reply sometimes 😂) xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off