Wish me luck posted my application for my driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance
Many thanks 😊 I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts to.
Hopefully I will hear soon then also.
Mines been with the medical department since 10th August and they already have my GP report so fingers crossed.

Hi all,

Just posted my application for my driving licence with the postal order yesterday and as per the special delivery they received it this morning.
I'm HRO so fingers crossed process won't take to long lol. My ban is up 18th October 2021 so hopefully gives them plenty of time to sort out.

I'll be posting more on the progress on here to give others an idea of any issues I may face during this and time spans.
I'm not worried about the CDT test as I don't drink anymore but my only concerned is the contacting GP part if they do reach out to them as I don't have an email for them only postal address and worried this may delay the process reading by the posts on here where half the delay is DVLA stating they never received GP filled questionnaire..

Anyway wish me luck guys and I'll keep you all posted on progress 🙂
I sent my application on 1st July 21: disqualification was due to end 12th Sept - i.e. last Sunday. So far I've heard nothing at all. So not even a medical appointment yet. I'm just in the process of checking if the postal order has been cashed, but I don't think I'll be driving before what used to be Christmas (it'll be cancelled this year), & you definitely won't! :mad:

I sent my application on 1st July 21: disqualification was due to end 12th Sept - i.e. last Sunday. So far I've heard nothing at all. So not even a medical appointment yet. I'm just in the process of checking if the postal order has been cashed, but I don't think I'll be driving before what used to be Christmas (it'll be cancelled this year), & you definitely won't! :mad:
I know I'll probably not get my licence back before my end of ban date but I'm still positive that it be at least by Xmas the latest. Myself and others on here have had a similar timeline where we applied and postal orders cashed and dvla letter sent .... so it seems not everyone has the same experience unfortunately. I'm hoping and wishing all goes quickly for you to.

Given the timelines that most of us are experiencing, you should have received something by now. I sent my application on the 15th July and my cheque was cashed on the 31st August, nearly 6 weeks later. I received a letter for my medical on the 14th September, 2 weeks after the cheque was cashed, so you should definitely have had something by now.

My understanding is that Postal Orders are a bit like cash. You have already paid the Post Office money for the order, so once the DVLA receive it, there should be no issues. Cheques always run the risk of being 'bounced.'

I would definitely call and find out what is happening as you may have fallen through the cracks.

My own estimate for return of my licence (all things being equal,) is around the 7th December (ban expires on the 11th October.)

Did you send your application direct to the medical department or the address on the envelope provided, if so as per the website they are now processing applications 30th june so you will potentially be within that lot,

I know the few of us that applied around the same time where we have heard back sent back direct to the department, it does state if you don't you'll be delayed.

Hi all,

Just posted my application for my driving licence with the postal order yesterday and as per the special delivery they received it this morning.
I'm HRO so fingers crossed process won't take to long lol. My ban is up 18th October 2021 so hopefully gives them plenty of time to sort out.

I'll be posting more on the progress on here to give others an idea of any issues I may face during this and time spans.
I'm not worried about the CDT test as I don't drink anymore but my only concerned is the contacting GP part if they do reach out to them as I don't have an email for them only postal address and worried this may delay the process reading by the posts on here where half the delay is DVLA stating they never received GP filled questionnaire..

Anyway wish me luck guys and I'll keep you all posted on progress 🙂
Gypy

You should be absolutely fine with your CDT if you don't drink anymore.

If you disclose anything at all on your medical form the DVLA 'WILL' contact your GP - that is more certain than it will go dark tonight!!!!

The DVLA still use traditional postage methods I'm affraid to contact your GP - they will not e-mail them.

One thing to be mindful of - your GP has a six week window to complete their own DVLA form and you need to maintain regular contact with the surgery to ensure the GP completes the form and returns it to Swansea.

It does feel like you might become a thorn in the side of your GP, but you do need to miather them to ensure the form is returned soon rather than later as this will hold up the process.

Unfortunately, nothing is done via e-mail with the DVLA. You will simply have to be patient with the postal system to push things along.

CJ

Gypy

You should be absolutely fine with your CDT if you don't drink anymore.

If you disclose anything at all on your medical form the DVLA 'WILL' contact your GP - that is more certain than it will go dark tonight!!!!

The DVLA still use traditional postage methods I'm affraid to contact your GP - they will not e-mail them.

One thing to be mindful of - your GP has a six week window to complete their own DVLA form and you need to maintain regular contact with the surgery to ensure the GP completes the form and returns it to Swansea.

It does feel like you might become a thorn in the side of your GP, but you do need to miather them to ensure the form is returned soon rather than later as this will hold up the process.

Unfortunately, nothing is done via e-mail with the DVLA. You will simply have to be patient with the postal system to push things along.

CJ
Thanks CJ for the advice. Stopped drinking quite a while back and I have no medical conditions or even seen my GP within the past 3 years and last time was for some antibiotics due to a chest infection apart from that all good. I did read somewhere that if it did get to my GP being contacted, there is an email address where my GP can email them the questionnaire if it came down to that.
Was hoping to have received the DVLA letter as they stated they sent it on the 8th Sept but nothing in post today. Hopefully by end of week and then I call the dvla doc up.

Thanks CJ for the advice. Stopped drinking quite a while back and I have no medical conditions or even seen my GP within the past 3 years and last time was for some antibiotics due to a chest infection apart from that all good. I did read somewhere that if it did get to my GP being contacted, there is an email address where my GP can email them the questionnaire if it came down to that.
Was hoping to have received the DVLA letter as they stated they sent it on the 8th Sept but nothing in post today. Hopefully by end of week and then I call the dvla doc up.
There is an email address. I don’t have it to hand any more, but the DVLA medical dept will give it to you if asked ( or at least they did me).

Gypy

Just be mindful - even if you don't disclose anything to the DVLA in your medical history, they may still contact your GP anyway.

It is almost like an integrity exercise, and sadly many people in the past have tried to hide medical issues through embarrassment or they simply don't want the DVLA knowing about personal problems that are sensitive and private.

When this happens it creates a world of pain for the driver because the DVLA don't like dishonesty and they will refuse licences if they discover undisclosed medical issues.

I am not saying for one minute that you would withold anything, but I am just trying to emphasise that the Medical Team, although completely inept, are usually quite thorough and may decide to contact your GP as a precaution.

Hopefully, with the backlog of applications and their heavy workload, I am confident the DVLA will just waver contacting your GP and issue you a five year licence once the results of your medical are confirmed.

Good luck.

CJ

I believe the email address is still valid for your GP to use (Note ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN A GP ARE REJECTED)

eftd@dvla.gov.uk

Yes. This is it. I remember it. It will only, as Price says, accept emails that are sent from an nhs email.
Thank you everyone. I'll keep this at hand incase dvla do decide to contact my GP then I can provide it to them.
What a marathon journey it's been. Don't know whats been harder the actual 3 year ban that dragged at the beginning then kinda flew by due to the lockdown or the aggro due DVLA delays lol

Hi all. Just a quick update.

I've had my DVLA medical this morning. So it's just a sit and wait game now. Hoping they don't contact the GP to prolong it even more then it is already.

GP check was pretty straightforward... blood pressure, weight and height. Then he went through the question sheet. All no for me and he just ticked no without asking as it was to do with ailments or have you been to doctor for alcoholic related issues etc....

He did mention that as long as you declare you haven't had a drink over 6 years then its all good. So thought I mention that here. Every bit of info helps I suppose.

I asked him how long will he take to send it he said they'll send it to the blood testing centre and they will then test the blood sample and then advise DVLA of the results.
Going by medicheck test it took them like 1to 2 weeks to get back to me after I had performed the test so I'll be giving DVLA a chase up in a months time as long as I don't get that dreaded letter from them advising they'll contact my GP. I did mention to the DVLA doctor that I haven't seen my doctor since I registered with them in 2017 and he had to Google the address lol.
He also made me sign some forms one Inc my giving authorisation for DVLA to contact my GP if they need to.

So here is my timeline

Sent application : 21st July 2021
Tracking indicates DVLA received it : 22nd July 2021
Postal Order cashed: 31st August 2021
Called DVLA and spoke to medical on the 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021
12/10/2021 Had DVLA medical

3 year Ban due to end this Sunday 17th October 2021

So no doubt after Sunday I'll be religiously checking my licence online incase they issue it before they send me the letter advising so all pending if I have to go see GP or not.

Nearly there lol.... last mile hopefully.

Hi all. Just a quick update.

I've had my DVLA medical this morning. So it's just a sit and wait game now. Hoping they don't contact the GP to prolong it even more then it is already.

GP check was pretty straightforward... blood pressure, weight and height. Then he went through the question sheet. All no for me and he just ticked no without asking as it was to do with ailments or have you been to doctor for alcoholic related issues etc....

He did mention that as long as you declare you haven't had a drink over 6 years then its all good. So thought I mention that here. Every bit of info helps I suppose.

I asked him how long will he take to send it he said they'll send it to the blood testing centre and they will then test the blood sample and then advise DVLA of the results.
Going by medicheck test it took them like 1to 2 weeks to get back to me after I had performed the test so I'll be giving DVLA a chase up in a months time as long as I don't get that dreaded letter from them advising they'll contact my GP. I did mention to the DVLA doctor that I haven't seen my doctor since I registered with them in 2017 and he had to Google the address lol.
He also made me sign some forms one Inc my giving authorisation for DVLA to contact my GP if they need to.

So here is my timeline

Sent application : 21st July 2021
Tracking indicates DVLA received it : 22nd July 2021
Postal Order cashed: 31st August 2021
Called DVLA and spoke to medical on the 14/9/2021 and they advised letter sent on the 8th sept 2021
12/10/2021 Had DVLA medical

3 year Ban due to end this Sunday 17th October 2021

So no doubt after Sunday I'll be religiously checking my licence online incase they issue it before they send me the letter advising so all pending if I have to go see GP or not.

Nearly there lol.... last mile hopefully.
Glad it was all straight forward for you...but as you say its a waiting game now! Its been just over 2 weeks since my medical and I've been checking my licence online every day in case a miracle happens! I'm going to phone the DVLA in the next week to make sure they've got all they need.

A question though, you said the DR said it was all good if you declare you haven't had a drink in 6 years?? Hows that work when most of us on here have been disqualified in the last 2-4 years for drink driving?

Glad it was all straight forward for you...but as you say its a waiting game now! Its been just over 2 weeks since my medical and I've been checking my licence online every day in case a miracle happens! I'm going to phone the DVLA in the next week to make sure they've got all they need.

A question though, you said the DR said it was all good if you declare you haven't had a drink in 6 years?? Hows that work when most of us on here have been disqualified in the last 2-4 years for drink driving?
He asked me when was the last time I had a drink. I told him 2014. He said thats OK as its over 6 years. So I gathered they possibly may have a guideline of 6 years. I understand your reasoning but I got done for refusing and I wasn't even drinking. Long story which I'm currently taking the police to court over. It was a racial profiling incident and they took me straight to the nick without no roadside breathalyser as I was stopped by armed response and they didn't like my attitude. Hence ongoing court case.

Just a quick update. Just got of the phone with the medical team and they advised they received the DVLA records results. Next step medical team will review and make a decision. If all well he said once they've made the decision there and then it takes 24 48 hours for system to update and that I can check online if licence has been issued or not. If they need further info he said they'll write to my GP requesting further Info. So basically the process we all know about on here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off