Will I lose my No claims bonus with dr10 ban?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Aks25x

Hi, I would appreciate anyone who may know or has been in this situation.

I have had my licence for 2 years, 1 years no claims, got convicted of drink driving in jan 2019 with a 17 month ban (which will be reduced once I complete the course next month) I cancelled my insurance policy as soon as I got convicted and they emailed me my proof of 1 years NCB dated 2019.

I should hopefully be back the roads feb 2020 but will I lose my NCB??

Thank you for replying :)
How can you build NCB if it expires after 2 years? I don't understand that.. how can people have like 5+ yrs NCB if it doesn't count after 2yrs?

What I meant was that if your insurance lapses, or is not used for any reason - like being disqualified - then previously earned no claims can be carried forward to a new policy. After 2 years, except for only a very few companies where it is 3 years, then the ncb has run out.
So long as you are within the parameters I have listed, your ncb continues to grow year on year.

Do you have to stay with the same insurance for your ncb to grow?
The reason why i'm asking is because before I got disqualified I had 1 years ncb, I did a new quote with that insurance and it was sky highhhh!!! I've found another provider which is a lot cheaper.. so I can state that I have this 1 year ncb and it should continue to grow from there right?

Yes, your ncb is transferable. You simply need the ‘proof of ncb’ that is supplied by your last insurance company. That is only issued at the end of a full year, so if you cancel part way through you will not get a ncb of 18 months, only for full years. Maybe your old insurance company offered a sky high quote because they didn’t really want you!
Some insurance companies load the premium for DR10 or DR30 more than others. That is why it does pay to shop around.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off