Will DVLA contact my GP

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm glad you got your licence back and seem to be doing well.

The difference about AA though is that it isn't a 'course.' It is more a life long commitment.
I agree AA could be a lifelong commitment, I can only guess that depends upon how much you want to stop abusing alcohol.
I had a massive help called Covid, and no alcohol was allowed in the house, living in a tiny village with no licence also helped.
That stopped me from getting back in the routine of pub everyday.
I imagine every person's life is different.

I recently got my licence back, the DVLA did contact my doctor, not sure exactly why, I guess to confirm everything I have stated.
Every blood test/ hospital appointment I had my doctor received a copy.
I passed my CDT with a score of 0.4 but that was with a full 12 months of no alcohol at all.
The DVLA operate in a strange way but that's the way things are.
Hope this helps.
Hi, if you have a history of alcohol dependence or miss use then the dvla will put you on a temporary license. Hro yup they always contact your doc! If you have an alcohol issue I would suggest google and find an independent help place. General rule is cut down by four units per two days get to abstain and hold that for 28 days. If you need medical help they will refer you. After a divorce I once said to my gp I was drinking too much. Now on my record for ever groan.

Hi, if you have a history of alcohol dependence or miss use then the dvla will put you on a temporary license. Hro yup they always contact your doc! If you have an alcohol issue I would suggest google and find an independent help place. General rule is cut down by four units per two days get to abstain and hold that for 28 days. If you need medical help they will refer you. After a divorce I once said to my gp I was drinking too much. Now on my record for ever groan.
Some cases dvla didnt contact gps..i honestly think its a lottery they pick who they want to look further too

Some cases dvla didnt contact gps..i honestly think its a lottery they pick who they want to look further too
Think it’s the hro thing. But last temporary renewal they didn’t bother and got my group 2 back. Had to do the medical but all they did was check weight, height and blood test.

Think it’s the hro thing. But last temporary renewal they didn’t bother and got my group 2 back. Had to do the medical but all they did was check weight, height and blood test.
I have seen from some saying that their gps wasnt contacted..i think some r just lucky ans some get caught on the reel😂

Oh also driving under road traffic act section 88. Somebody put up a misleading post. Personally I managed to get a physical letter from dvla saying I could drive which was lucky as got pulled a couple of times. oddly police don’t seem to know about it mmm

Its written in the letter that if they contacting your gp they will let you know..but if you dont hear off them tha means they didnt contact them...tha what it says on the letter.but i dont know how true tha is😂

Strangely last medical the doctor just asked me to sign the form. He scribbled on it and I left… interesting that one! Basically I don’t drink drive. Obviously it is against the law to lie on the

Strangely last medical the doctor just asked me to sign the form. He scribbled on it and I left… interesting that one! Basically I don’t drink drive. Obviously it is against the law to lie on the form.
No iam on about your vary first medical.did you answer yes to any of the question

Strangely last medical the doctor just asked me to sign the form. He scribbled on it and I left… interesting that one! Basically I don’t drink drive. Obviously it is against the law to lie on the form.
I did think about asking what he was writing as know said form but knew I would pass. It’s the cdt they want to know

Right i got you..thanks mate🤟🤟.
Still can’t believe that last so called doctor it was literally blood sign this and do one. Ps knew I would pass anyway. Be warned some may actually take it seriously. Seems to be if the individual is paying the £100 for the medical then they really go for it. If the dvla is paying they don’t give a fork! Get my drift?

Still can’t believe that last so called doctor it was literally blood sign this and do one. Ps knew I would pass anyway. Be warned some may actually take it seriously. Seems to be if the individual is paying the £100 for the medical then they really go for it. If the dvla is paying they don’t give a fork! Get my drift?
I havnt known anyone whos medical got paid by dvla...i think everyones got to pay £98 for the medical..

At the end of your ban you are regarded as an HRO, and therefore liable to pay the cost of the medical.
If a one year license is issued, when you reapply, the medical is done at the DVLAs request, and it becomes a medical license, therefore the cost is met by the DVLA.
Hope that helps.

At the end of your ban you are regarded as an HRO, and therefore liable to pay the cost of the medical.
If a one year license is issued, when you reapply, the medical is done at the DVLAs request, and it becomes a medical license, therefore the cost is met by the DVLA.
Hope that helps.
Nice one i got it👍..have you had your medical yet?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off