when will i receive D27 form?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Evening Price, I am sending my D1 form off tomorrow along with dd completion certificate as you suggested. Any advice on if there is anyone in particular I should address the letter to? Also, should I now be abstaining from any alcohol? I only have 4 or 5 pints over a weekend usually but seen a lot of different views on cdt levels. Never had any previous alcohol issues.

There is a named person listed on one of the posts here for Key workers, but otherwise it is just the generic address.
(going out now so no time to search the posts for you)
as you do not know how long it will be for your medical - and Sod’s law says they will offer you one quickly- take the safe route and either cut right down or abstain altogether. 2 pints of beer on a Friday and another 2 on a Saturday would be OK, but don’t let it lead to more!

Sorry to jump on post past 10 months has been hell.
Lost my job, my cars never been so skint can’t work as I was self employed.
starting to wish I was a drinker instead would be back on road by now.

Long story short I was over the limit for cannabis 12 month ban £120 fine, ban is up December 11th 2020.
Got banned few months after passing test.

anyone been or in same boat as me ?

Morning

I hope no one minds about me jumping in on this thread.

Am I right in thinking that the DVLA have not been sending out the D27 forms during the Covid 19 crisis?

I am a HRO and my ban technically comes to an end on the 13th December - therefore should I be sent the D27 by the DVLA sometime around mid September?

From reading the other threads, the DVLA is still dragging their feet in sanctioning medicals for HROs so there is a possibility I may need to complete a D1 myself in a couple of months.

CJ

hello!

I am in the same boat as you... was supposed to receive D27 form on 5th September and didn’t... sent off my D1 form with postal order recorded delivery on 8th so here’s hoping I hear something soon! I am worried as DVLA seem to be dragging their feet atm, and I need a medical! Ban ends on 5th December, got fingers toes and eyes crossed that I have DL reinstated for then.

hello!

I am in the same boat as you... was supposed to receive D27 form on 5th September and didn’t... sent off my D1 form with postal order recorded delivery on 8th so here’s hoping I hear something soon! I am worried as DVLA seem to be dragging their feet atm, and I need a medical! Ban ends on 5th December, got fingers toes and eyes crossed that I have DL reinstated for then.

My ban ends on the 13th December, so my 90 day milestone is on Monday (14th).

The rather delightful DVLA character I spoke to on the phone (I'm sure it was a Welsh Ena Sharples) told me I won't get any correspondence until October.

I appreciate if I was in the 60 day cycle that would be fine, but as I am a HRO shouldn't I be recieving the paperwork imminently?

CJ

You should, but you won’t !!
get to the post office and ask for an “Application for a driving licence’”
it is a D1. Identical to the D27 that DVLA send out and you can use that to apply.

You should, but you won’t !!
get to the post office and ask for an “Application for a driving licence’”
it is a D1. Identical to the D27 that DVLA send out and you can use that to apply.

I was going to probe Ena Sharples about this but I thought better of it. I get the impression the DVLA would love their jobs if they didn't have to deal with the public!!!!

Thanks for the reply - I've already got myself a D1 from the Post Office which I will fill out this week.

CJ

My ban ends on the 13th December, so my 90 day milestone is on Monday (14th).

The rather delightful DVLA character I spoke to on the phone (I'm sure it was a Welsh Ena Sharples) told me I won't get any correspondence until October.

I appreciate if I was in the 60 day cycle that would be fine, but as I am a HRO shouldn't I be recieving the paperwork imminently?

CJ
Ah no way October to receive paperwork! Hope we all have our licenses reinstated within the original time frames

I was due to receive D27p on 1st Sept. Didn't so just filled in D1. Posted it off on 2nd Sept and got my licence in the post today (14th Sept). Not bad going considering there are meant to be delays due to covid. Can't drive till 28th Oct when ban ends. I would advise fill in D1 as soon as possible and check you are sending to the right amount, you have the right postcode to send form to and you have completed fully. Best of luck

I was due to receive D27p on 1st Sept. Didn't so just filled in D1. Posted it off on 2nd Sept and got my licence in the post today (14th Sept). Not bad going considering there are meant to be delays due to covid. Can't drive till 28th Oct when ban ends. I would advise fill in D1 as soon as possible and check you are sending to the right amount, you have the right postcode to send form to and you have completed fully. Best of luck
Can you tell me who you sent the D1 to please - my ban is up End Nov so filled in D1 but there is no clear address thx

Morning

I hope no one minds about me jumping in on this thread.

Am I right in thinking that the DVLA have not been sending out the D27 forms during the Covid 19 crisis?

I am a HRO and my ban technically comes to an end on the 13th December - therefore should I be sent the D27 by the DVLA sometime around mid September?

From reading the other threads, the DVLA is still dragging their feet in sanctioning medicals for HROs so there is a possibility I may need to complete a D1 myself in a couple of months.

CJ
Have same thing. My ban ending on 4 December. Already have send the D1 as they told me in DVLA that they don't send the letters now. Don't know why and i didn't ask. I have send my D1 on 19 September as lady from DVLA say is the best time for HRO. Now waiting for my medical and I am very afraid. I was ban for 18 reduced to 12 months and 8 days. Don't drink since the day I was arrested

Have same thing. My ban ending on 4 December. Already have send the D1 as they told me in DVLA that they don't send the letters now. Don't know why and i didn't ask. I have send my D1 on 19 September as lady from DVLA say is the best time for HRO. Now waiting for my medical and I am very afraid. I was ban for 18 reduced to 12 months and 8 days. Don't drink since the day I was arrested
The most reduction of a ban for completing a course is 25%, so if you had 18 months you cannot get more than 4.5 months off, leaving 13.5 months to serve, not 12 months and 8 days......

Well it happens in my case. I get 18 months on 27 nov 19 my ban ending on 4 dec 2020 is give me 12m and 8 days is what is written on my driving licence when i check and my paperwork from curt

The most reduction of a ban for completing a course is 25%, so if you had 18 months you cannot get more than 4.5 months off, leaving 13.5 months to serve, not 12 months and 8 days......
Sorry my mistake 😔 i just checked one more time and it was 16 months reduced to 12 month and 8 days. Sorry everyone. I don't know why was thinking was 18 but i am so stressed out now that i don't think properly

Well it happens in my case. I get 18 months on 27 nov 19 my ban ending on 4 dec 2020 is give me 12m and 8 days is what is written on my driving licence when i check and my paperwork from curt
That would only apply if you were in court previous to your sentence and received an interim ban. Legally the maximum reduction is 34%, it doesn’t matter what the court say, it is a process administered by DVLA and they cannot go over a 25% reduction

That would only apply if you were in court previous to your sentence and received an interim ban. Legally the maximum reduction is 34%, it doesn’t matter what the court say, it is a process administered by DVLA and they cannot go over a 25% reduction
Yes I already admit that I made mistake it was 16 months. Sorry to everyone. But I am so stressed out about all this that i forgot my ban 😔

Sorry my mistake 😔 i just checked one more time and it was 16 months reduced to 12 month and 8 days. Sorry everyone. I don't know why was thinking was 18 but i am so stressed out now that i don't think properly
Easy mistake! What they have done is given you 16 weeks off, rather than 25% which is 4 months. A lot of courts do that as an easy way of working out the reduction, especially where the months cannot be divided by 4

Lucylulu

My own ban is up on the 13th December pending my HRO medical. I sent my form off last week, once I was within the 90 day limit. I've not heard a sausage yet, nor have I received anything from the DVLA. Its purely a waiting game for a few weeks.

Let me know how you get on?

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off