when will i receive D27 form?

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
i am disqualified until 12 feb, currently not in uk until next year.
i want to know when, what date DVLA will send me D27 form? and is there any chance to change my address online because i don't live in that address which is registered with DVLA?
I have heard 56 days before the end of your disqualification period. as i am not currently in uk i really want to know how to calculate the 56 days.

sorry for such a silly question.

thanks guys

Last edited:
It is sent out 56 days before your ban ends, or 90 days if you are a high risk offender.
You do not have to use the D27, you can get a D1 from a post office.
When you fill that in to apply, you tell them the new address on there. You have to have a UK address to apply.

It is sent out 56 days before your ban ends, or 90 days if you are a high risk offender.
You do not have to use the D27, you can get a D1 from a post office.
When you fill that in to apply, you tell them the new address on there. You have to have a UK address to apply.
Thanks price I’m not a high risk,
Let’s calculate from now for 56 days and
I guess it would be around January?
Or as you said to fill in D1 if I ask my family to send me form D1 as I’m outside UK and I sign it send them back to my parents address which I still some of my address is registered there.

do you think that it gonna work?

The earliest you could apply is 18th December.
Your plan to use your parents address to send and receive your application would work with the D1 form.

The earliest you could apply is 18th December.
Your plan to use your parents address to send and receive your application would work with the D1 form.

wonderful, by the way my qualifications end February 12.
Is 18 of December fine you reckon?

Yes, that is 56 days before your ban expires.
If everything is straightforward you should receive the licence in 3 weeks after they get it anyway so plenty of time.

I am due to get my licence back in 3 weeks and I’ve not received my D27 form. I’ve been to the post office they have none. Said I may need a D1. But they don’t have any. Tried to ring the DVLA constantly engaged! Can anyone help???!

I am due to get my licence back in 3 weeks and I’ve not received my D27 form. I’ve been to the post office they have none. Said I may need a D1. But they don’t have any. Tried to ring the DVLA constantly engaged! Can anyone help???!

That is the only way unfortunately.
Don’t wait for D27, you must get D1
If that post office hasn’t, other they must have!
Get it before is late!
I have managed to sent mine (D1) on 01/07/20 and still waiting!

Morning

I hope no one minds about me jumping in on this thread.

Am I right in thinking that the DVLA have not been sending out the D27 forms during the Covid 19 crisis?

I am a HRO and my ban technically comes to an end on the 13th December - therefore should I be sent the D27 by the DVLA sometime around mid September?

From reading the other threads, the DVLA is still dragging their feet in sanctioning medicals for HROs so there is a possibility I may need to complete a D1 myself in a couple of months.

CJ

Morning

Am I right in thinking that the DVLA have not been sending out the D27 forms during the Covid 19 crisis?

I am a HRO and my ban technically comes to an end on the 13th December - therefore should I be sent the D27 by the DVLA sometime around mid September?

From reading the other threads, the DVLA is still dragging their feet in sanctioning medicals for HROs so there is a possibility I may need to complete a D1 myself in a couple of months.

CJ
On this one i have no clue I am afraid.
I leave this one for someone like price who knows better than me.
But, I think you need medical check and not sure what are the procedure.

Morning

CJ
You are right, DVLA have not been sending out the D27 forms. When that will resume I do not know. If you do not get a form by 17th September then get a D! From the post office, but they are apparently in short supply at the moment.

If you send me a PM with your address, I have a D1 form I can send you if you have not obtained one.

Evening all,

I completed the DD course last week meaning my ban will end on the 21st September providing I pass the medical. I am ready to send in my D1 form however my online license details haven’t been updated to show the reduction in my ban, any ideas how long this takes or how to get this changed as I assume if I send the form in they will look at the ban end date online and do nothing with my form?

The provider has A maximum of 14 days to issue a certificate, but that Is to the court, who has to process it and then send it to DVLA.
There could be a delay if the court is short staffed...
Have you received your certificate from the provider? They send it to you the same day they send it to the court.

Thanks Price, yes I received last Tuesday the day I completed, they also said they had sent a copy to the court but as of tonight still no change. Do you think I should send my D1 anyway as I’m getting close to now to my ban ending?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off