When to tell your insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

JoelG82

Hi can you tell me if you have to inform your insurance when you are charged with DD or can you wait until conviction.

Hi can you tell me if you have to inform your insurance when you are charged with DD or can you wait until conviction.
Hi sorry to hear about your situation,if you get convicted simply phone your insurance and cancel your policy,there is no need to inform them of your conviction unless they ask them.

Hi sorry to hear about your situation,if you get convicted simply phone your insurance and cancel your policy,there is no need to inform them of your conviction unless they ask them.
So they don’t need to know before the magistrates appearance ? Just don’t want to be in breach of no insurance for not telling them about the pending hearing as it could go on awhile as the courts have adjourned all hearings until further notice.

So they don’t need to know before the magistrates appearance ? Just don’t want to be in breach of no insurance for not telling them about the pending hearing as it could go on awhile as the courts have adjourned all hearings until further notice.
Is it for dangerous driving....you are innocent until proven guilty,I was charged with drug driving and drove for 5 months until waiting for my trial,it may be worth phoning a motoring solicitor or your insurance company but don't give too much away.

Is it for dangerous driving....you are innocent until proven guilty,I was charged with drug driving and drove for 5 months until waiting for my trial,it may be worth phoning a motoring solicitor or your insurance company but don't give too much away.
Drink driving, sorry should have posted properly !

You can carry on driving until conviction. But if you were in a crash when you were caught drink driving then you have to inform your insurance. If you do not they will find out through the police report and cancel your insurance. This messes up your quotes for 5 years as you would have to answer "yes" to the question, "have you ever had a motor insurance policy cancelled or voided in the last 5 years?"

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off