when to apply..??

Convicted Driver Insurance

bad past

Anyone got any idea of the DVLA delays / timescale nowadays ??? I should have got my licence back May 6th, but delayed my application because i didnt know i had to have a years proof of not drinking till i saw it on this forum in September. If id have carried on with the application, i would have had only 6 months proof. ( i know im down as alcohol dependant) So i had first LFT test on Sept 29th,2021, then another on Jan 13th 2022, then another on May 5th , and will get one last one mid Sept this year.. Wasnt sure if id need this last one as id be having the CDT test with my medical, but im sure it wouldnt harm my chances..SO.. the big question is , when do i put my application in again ??. do they start my application when they get my letter/payment , or do they start when they cash my cheque and start sendind me my paperwork.. hope someone out there can help . many thanks.. ps The past 3 LFT tests where all fine

Anyone got any idea of the DVLA delays / timescale nowadays ??? I should have got my licence back May 6th, but delayed my application because i didnt know i had to have a years proof of not drinking till i saw it on this forum in September. If id have carried on with the application, i would have had only 6 months proof. ( i know im down as alcohol dependant) So i had first LFT test on Sept 29th,2021, then another on Jan 13th 2022, then another on May 5th , and will get one last one mid Sept this year.. Wasnt sure if id need this last one as id be having the CDT test with my medical, but im sure it wouldnt harm my chances..SO.. the big question is , when do i put my application in again ??. do they start my application when they get my letter/payment , or do they start when they cash my cheque and start sendind me my paperwork.. hope someone out there can help . many thanks.. ps The past 3 LFT tests where all fine
Hi bad past,
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I'm supposed to be getting My licence back 27th July but didn’t realise about the 1 years abstinence until a couple of months ago so I'm going to have to wait until April now another 10 months added on to the ban, really pissed off!
I think the timescale just varies from person to person, Luna2000 on here is the same as us (HRO and dependency on gp file) hers took 210 days after she applied, bloody joke hey, but others seem to be alot shorter, it seem HRO'S always take longer.
I think we're going to have to call them and ask about when to reapply, unless someone replies on here.
Where abouts are you getting your LFT'S Done, with your gp or elsewhere ?

Hi bad past,
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I'm supposed to be getting My licence back 27th July but didn’t realise about the 1 years abstinence until a couple of months ago so I'm going to have to wait until April now another 10 months added on to the ban, really pissed off!
I think the timescale just varies from person to person, Luna2000 on here is the same as us (HRO and dependency on gp file) hers took 210 days after she applied, bloody joke hey, but others seem to be alot shorter, it seem HRO'S always take longer.
I think we're going to have to call them and ask about when to reapply, unless someone replies on here.
Need to get LFT done via your GP and get them onboard for support when reapplying for your licence.

Hi bad past,
hi Dave, My doctors... 1 with my old doctors and then had to move to a new practice, as i moved house and iv had 2 more tests done with them , no problem at all. The only thing worrying me is that my medical records seem to be getting to my new doctors VERY SLOWLY....just hope they all there when the dvla doctors want any info off them...

hi Dave, My doctors... 1 with my old doctors and then had to move to a new practice, as i moved house and iv had 2 more tests done with them , no problem at all. The only thing worrying me is that my medical records seem to be getting to my new doctors VERY SLOWLY....just hope they all there when the dvla doctors want any info off them...
no noe seem to know when to reapply.. iv been trying to find out on here for ages..

no noe seem to know when to reapply.. iv been trying to find out on here for ages..
It's a tricky one,, normally for hro it's 3months before but if you put it in then and they process it quickly then you won't of quite done your 12months but then again if you wait till after your 12months and there's still huge delays 🙉personally I would send it a month before. Hope this helps.

yep, thats my delema.. iv waited 5 years to get my licence back, im not going to blow it now...lol. i think ill leave it till mid
September.. that way ill have no cause to worry and at least ill not be worrying about not having my full years no drinking in place.Are the delays still as bad..?... thank you Malina,

yep, thats my delema.. iv waited 5 years to get my licence back, im not going to blow it now...lol. i think ill leave it till mid
September.. that way ill have no cause to worry and at least ill not be worrying about not having my full years no drinking in place.Are the delays still as bad..?... thank you Malina,
Yeh exactly after waiting so long, timing is crucial,,, well you can see by my time line, sent application 1st Nov 21 medical 31st march,, then they wrote to gp who responded quite quick,,, still bloody waiting... Yet someone on here recently had a really quick result so who bloody knows... The bastad dvla know nothing if you were to ask them... You've got the right idea though cause you don't want to put it in too early.. 🤪

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off