When are the DVLA processing none key workers?

Convicted Driver Insurance

HannahCooper

Hi,

does anyone know when the DVLA are dealing with none key workers applications?

Ban ends next month but I need to have a medical also.

Id really appreciate any information.

Thank you.

Hi , check out the coronavirus for HROs in medical discussions this thread has been going on a while lots of information in it . Dvla in a mess a lot of mixed messaging coming from them . My ban was up on the 25th of May but no license. I’m not a key worker and I don’t need a medical . Good luck with everything.

Hi , check out the coronavirus for HROs in medical discussions this thread has been going on a while lots of information in it . Dvla in a mess a lot of mixed messaging coming from them . My ban was up on the 25th of May but no license. I’m not a key worker and I don’t need a medical . Good luck with everything.

*Hannah Cooper - As much as I hate to say it, set very low expectations and expect it to take a long time and then you can only be surprised, but that has been my reality so far. Do not expect any informative update, at the moment you just have to expect that at some unknown day in the future, sometime they will get around to you. It's not ideal and I don't want this to be a negative comment, but any unrealistic expectation will cause you more stress.

*Sarah39 - What has your experience been as I am the same as you but 24th May.

*Hannah Cooper - As much as I hate to say it, set very low expectations and expect it to take a long time and then you can only be surprised, but that has been my reality so far. Do not expect any informative update, at the moment you just have to expect that at some unknown day in the future, sometime they will get around to you. It's not ideal and I don't want this to be a negative comment, but any unrealistic expectation will cause you more stress.

*Sarah39 - What has your experience been as I am the same as you but 24th May.
I posted my application and sent it recorded delivery. It was signed for at DVLA checked it on post office app . I’ve heard nothing !!!! Can’t get through on the phone to anyone so who knows ??? But they have got it .

I posted my application and sent it recorded delivery. It was signed for at DVLA checked it on post office app . I’ve heard nothing !!!! Can’t get through on the phone to anyone so who knows ??? But they have got it .

What is your expectation with it all or what's your approach going to be?

What is your expectation with it all or what's your approach going to be?
I have got no expectations, there’s a global pandemic going on . Swansea is in wales and they have different rules to England at this time with covid19 . I’m hoping I get it back for my birthday in October ?? Reading on the posts people are putting in complains so I will maybe try that if I ever get to speak to anyone ?? The country is starting to move a little with shops opening etc so maybe DVLA will go back to work ?? Who knows ??

Yeh I get that. I think someone from management should come out and explain the exact situation for them with full transparency, so everyone understands. Until then I won't believe they've done their best to solve the problem and work at the maximum capacity they could, as I believe there would be ways to improve the current situation.

I do not take anything as a given that I see on social media, in fact I don't believe it at all, but someone who implied they worked there said they had gone from 5,000 staff to 100. If that were true then either 98% of the DVLA staff are vulnerable and they have not recruited and trained temporary staff to help maintain the nation or to apply social distancing they need the space of 50 people for every 1 person now.

Their operations just don't add up to me, given their status, their importance, you would expect more. Outsourcing to DVLA buildings in England, using vacant spaces in Swansea to move some operations to allow social distancing if GDPR is preventing working from home, coming up with more temporary solutions at an earlier date to solve these problems.

Hi I've also posted my application tracked delivery last Friday.try 0300123 0815 after 6 pm that's when I seem to get through.

Hi

If it helps I received notification from DVLA on May 12th that they had written to my GP and also that i required a medical with a DVLA appointed doctor. My own GP has completed the report and sent back and now I am waiting for Medicals to start. In essence I guess DVLA are processing non Key Workers but my paper application was submitted just prior to Lock Down so I may have been lucky and be on top of the list.

Hope this helps a bit

Me again,

Further to my last post in the letter from DVLA about my GP's report they made a comment about not expecting to hear back from the GP for 12 weeks. Do not be put off by this as the DVLA seem to quote 12 weeks for everything !!. I called the surgery after receiving the DVLA letter and booked a telephone consultation with my GP he talked me through what he had written and he sent it off straight away. All in all a couple of weeks for the GP part of the process. I appreciate that not all GP practices are the same but mine is spot on so it may be worth contacting your GP once you get the DVLA letter.

Hi just a point with regard to Gov departments. in general all of them including HMRC have continued to operate in some capacity particularly aforementioned with massive work loads! Iam not destracting from the horrendous impact covid has had on people's lives but moreover the pre covid inefficiency of DVLA to deal specifically with medical applications and the autonomy unaccountable process at every stage. I note that schools will soon be open in some capacity in Wales. I read that there's big city centre building works in Swansea, that have continued throughout lockdown?

Hi All, just for information I found the only way to cut through the dvla pile up is a stage 1 complaint and if that does not work then a stage 2, they pride themselves on answering their complaints within 10 working days. I made a stage 2 complaint and they assessed my medical the next day, they give themselves 4 weeks to look at a result and see what your CDT levels are, that sounds very slow to me.

On the whole the only people that I have found to to be helpful at the dvla are the complaints team. Good luck.

What is this bloody key worker things!
I have nobody and I need to work to support myself
I am unemployed and probably will apply for job JSA which I don’t want to!
I don’t want to drive for pleasure fun etc…
I am driving to work.
Is there any number so I can contact and tell them my situation?

There has been a few other threads created about this topic and it is very very frustrating for many hundreds/thousands of people who have come to the end of a ban and are simply being kept off the road because they cannot do their medicals.

From following the threads I am lead to believe that the DVLA stated they will not be processing medicals for 12 weeks from the date the lockdown started which was Monday 23rd March. Therefore this Monday (15th June) will mark the deadline for the 12 week suspension. Funnily enough, this is the same date that many businesses & retailers are reopening. This may just be coincidence.

Whether or not the DVLA will continue to sit on the fence with this for longer, who is to know? My argument is that most people are gradually returning to work & the problem with this hold up is that it is actually stopping people from returning to their workplaces because they cannot use their own vehicles. People being denied their medicals may be in danger of losing their job which would be horrific given that thousands are being left unemployed by Covid19 anyway.

The other side of the argument is DVLA staff. If most workers are returning to the respective workplaces, why aren't DVLA staff going back to resume their full duties like anyone else?

The first of two points I will emphasise again (as I have addressed on previous threads) is that people are still be discouraged from using public transport (and I assume this approach will remain in place for a while). Therefore, the DVLA needs to get drivers back on the road to keep public transport sterile if social distancing & safe travelling is to continue.

The second point I would raise is about fuel duty. The more drivers being kept off the road will affect the rate of tax made from fuel purchases. The Chancellor Rishi Sunak has already stated we are entering into our worst recession for a generation. It is vital money is pumped back into the economy in order to help the country begin it's long long road to recovery (no pun intended). To keep more & more drivers off the road is doing nothing to help the economy the way I see it.

This really is a pityful situation. I am presently serving my own ban until December. I am keeping my fingers crossed that by September the medical process will be back to normal & my own medical will not be delayed. Hopefully by then, the floodgates should have been unlocked and many people sitting in the backlog should have been dealt with.

As I have stated this Monday (15th) may be a potential date for this situation to be slowly resolved.

Finally, good luck to everyone on here, I am sure there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off