What will my premium likely be?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Rm0892

Hi guys,

Just a quick thread for a rough idea really. I’m the likelihood that I will be convicted of drink driving I was wondering what my premium will likely be after the ban finishes. May be thinking too far ahead, but just having a think.
At the moment I pay 400 per year on a 12 plate car 1.6 diesel.

Would anyone know what this will would likely be, say on the same car, when all is said and done?

Hi guys,

Just a quick thread for a rough idea really. I’m the likelihood that I will be convicted of drink driving I was wondering what my premium will likely be after the ban finishes. May be thinking too far ahead, but just having a think.
At the moment I pay 400 per year on a 12 plate car 1.6 diesel.

Would anyone know what this will would likely be, say on the same car, when all is said and done?

It's just how long is a piece of string. A crash, how long you have held your licence, any previous points, your age, no claims bonus if you haven't already lost it, address etc all factor into your final premium.

Some users get a 12 month ban, no crash and don't lose their no claims bonus and see very little change in their premium. Others lose their bonus and see massive change. My own went up by over £1300 the first year after my ban and I didn't lose my no claims bonus, it's now 3 years since and my premium has almost returned to normal.

I agree with you, Rm0892, you are thinking too far ahead!
As Grice86 says, there are so many variables, you do not even know what your reading is, so cannot guess at the length of the ban which can have a big effect on insurance, plus if you get more than a 2 year ban you are most likely to lose your no claims as well. (A few insurance companies will credit NCD up to 3 years)
One step at a time……..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off