What will I be sentenced to? HELP PLEASE

Convicted Driver Insurance
Unsure of how to say this but,

Last Saturday I went our for some drinks to my local club and was drinking for around 1-2 hours, I drove to the location sober after work and my intentions was to stay in town or get the bus home in the morning. During the night I was made to feel uncomfortable and decided to leave just before the end. Realising I lost my friends and having no bank card on me I tried to ask people to help me get money out ( send it to them and they get it out the cash point) but no one woild.

I then proceeded to try call for a lift from my friends/family but no one answered at 2am , taxis were old fashioned so I couldn’t use my phone for contactless…so I decided to drive home, I got in my car made it down a road and came off of a junction into a brick wall. My air bag didn’t go off and I luckily got off with no injuries however I slightly damaged Someones front gate but not to the point of not being able to fix it. I panicked and reversed driving 1.5 miles down the road to somewhere safe and pulled over. Car was written off basically so it wouldn’t of been able to carry on. I got out the car and called the police , I was compliant and had a panic attack on the phone but once they got to me they calmed me down and did a breath test on me.

I blew a 68 on roadside , got taken into custody 2 hours away from where I was due to local police stations being full, I did my interview and admitted everything and wrongdoings. I have court next month and I’m worried of what’s gonna happen to me.

I am a first offender with a clean license, only got my license 9 months ago and have no previous convictions…reading online about everything is scary because I don’t know what’s gonna happen! I expect a fine and a ban which is ok but I does say about a 6 month imprisonment chance? I think the only aggravating reason could be having a accident and driving away but I did stop and called on myself. I’ve been disowned by my family but managed to keep my job.

Any advice would be great for this worrying 22 year old.

Thank you!

A reading of 69 puts you in the bracket of a 17-22 month ban. Given that you failed to stop after an accident the ban could be towards the top end of that.
You will NOT go to prison, that is for certain.
The ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered to attend a Drink Drive rehabilitation Course. (ask for it if not offered, it cannot be offered after your case has finished in court)
You will get a straight ban, so the New Drivers ‘6 points in the first 2 years and have to resit your test’ does not apply to you, but there is a (remote) possibility that the magistrates could order you to resit your test because you are quite a novice driver.

A reading of 69 puts you in the bracket of a 17-22 month ban. Given that you failed to stop after an accident the ban could be towards the top end of that.
You will NOT go to prison, that is for certain.
The ban can be reduced by up to 25% if you are offered to attend a Drink Drive rehabilitation Course. (ask for it if not offered, it cannot be offered after your case has finished in court)
You will get a straight ban, so the New Drivers ‘6 points in the first 2 years and have to resit your test’ does not apply to you, but there is a (remote) possibility that the magistrates could order you to resit your test because you are quite a novice driver.
Thank you for that mate I really appreciate that I’ve been panicking about this so much thinking will I go to prison. I understand the circumstances for the crime and all and I’ll be given character statements. What does novice driver mean? Sorry I’m abit alliterate…so because of the reading I will have a high ban? So prison is a definite no then thank god

I just meant that you have only been driving for 9 months. It is open to the magistrates with drink drive cases for them to order a retest before someone gets their licence back. This is usually for elderly drivers, where there are concerns if they are still fit to drive, or new drivers who perhaps need to go back to basics. I would say that after 9 months you will be safe from this, but I cannot guarantee it.

I just meant that you have only been driving for 9 months. It is open to the magistrates with drink drive cases for them to order a retest before someone gets their licence back. This is usually for elderly drivers, where there are concerns if they are still fit to drive, or new drivers who perhaps need to go back to basics. I would say that after 9 months you will be safe from this, but I cannot guarantee it.
Wait so your saying prison is a possibility? I’m really confused I don’t mind about the length of the ban or the fine but like I’m just worried about the prison I couldn’t take that. I think the issue is me just driving away from the crime however like I did self admit calling the police on myself and admitted everything? The solicitor said prison won’t happen

Wait so your saying prison is a possibility? I’m really confused I don’t mind about the length of the ban or the fine but like I’m just worried about the prison I couldn’t take that. I think the issue is me just driving away from the crime however like I did self admit calling the police on myself and admitted everything? The solicitor said prison won’t happen

I believe price means he can't guarantee a retest won't be ordered, although it likely will not. You certainly will not be going to prison for this breath reading on a first offence.

Calm down, you are looking for things in the answers to support your fear of prison that are not there. As grice96 said, you asked about my comment about novice drivers and resitting a test. I gave the answer about resitting the test saying it was unlikely but I couldn’t guarantee it…….and you interpreted it as being about the likelihood of prison.

FORGET GOING TO PRISON, THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Now do you believe me? !!

You definitely won’t go to prison . There are far more serious incidents reported on here ( including by myself) , and whilst leaving the scene would usually be an aggravating factor, your calling the police surely significantly mitigates that. As far as possible please try not to worry any more ( stupid comment, I know) but it is not anywhere near as bad as you have it in your head .

You definitely won’t go to prison . There are far more serious incidents reported on here ( including by myself) , and whilst leaving the scene would usually be an aggravating factor, your calling the police surely significantly mitigates that. As far as possible please try not to worry any more ( stupid comment, I know) but it is not anywhere near as bad as you have it in your head .
Thank you I’ve just been overthinking , I drove 1.5 miles down the road and pulled over called them confessed to everything and I’m expecting the punishment I understand the seriousness

I will put this into perspective for you from my viewpoint.

I have been banned twice since 2017.

The first time (April 2017) I had a reading of 124 which is 5.5 times the Scottish limit and 3.5 times the limit in the rest of the UK.

I received a 20 month ban and a £400 fine.

The second time (July 2019) I had a reading of 96 and received a 36 month ban (reduced to 27 months with the DDAC,) and a £400 fine.

At no time was the possibility of prison mentioned. If all drink drivers were sent to prison for their 1st offence with none or minor aggravating conditions, then there would not be enough prisons in the country in which to put them.

So stop worrying about prison. It won't happen.

I would worry more about your family cutting you off. Remind them that if any of them drink and drive next morning chances are they have driven while legally drunk at some time in their lives.

Unsure of how to say this but,

Last Saturday I went our for some drinks to my local club and was drinking for around 1-2 hours, I drove to the location sober after work and my intentions was to stay in town or get the bus home in the morning. During the night I was made to feel uncomfortable and decided to leave just before the end. Realising I lost my friends and having no bank card on me I tried to ask people to help me get money out ( send it to them and they get it out the cash point) but no one woild.

I then proceeded to try call for a lift from my friends/family but no one answered at 2am , taxis were old fashioned so I couldn’t use my phone for contactless…so I decided to drive home, I got in my car made it down a road and came off of a junction into a brick wall. My air bag didn’t go off and I luckily got off with no injuries however I slightly damaged Someones front gate but not to the point of not being able to fix it. I panicked and reversed driving 1.5 miles down the road to somewhere safe and pulled over. Car was written off basically so it wouldn’t of been able to carry on. I got out the car and called the police , I was compliant and had a panic attack on the phone but once they got to me they calmed me down and did a breath test on me.

I blew a 68 on roadside , got taken into custody 2 hours away from where I was due to local police stations being full, I did my interview and admitted everything and wrongdoings. I have court next month and I’m worried of what’s gonna happen to me.

I am a first offender with a clean license, only got my license 9 months ago and have no previous convictions…reading online about everything is scary because I don’t know what’s gonna happen! I expect a fine and a ban which is ok but I does say about a 6 month imprisonment chance? I think the only aggravating reason could be having a accident and driving away but I did stop and called on myself. I’ve been disowned by my family but managed to keep my job.

Any advice would be great for this worrying 22 year old.

Thank you!
Hello.
I’m sorry you’re going through this, I made the silly mistake too to get in my car over the limit - never again!

Last month I was caught, 59 breath test at the station.
This werk I attended court, I got a 14 month ban, offered a drink driving course which will reduce this to 11 months, I also got a £400 fine.
I hope this helps?

I hope you’re ok, this will pass.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off