What to expect from court?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Victor89

Hi All,

second post on this site - i was caught DD and blew 96ml, no accident, just routine stop as world cup was on, so the police were doing random stops. Just a quick question from others experiences. I have decided to opt out of the solicitor route as i intend to plead guilty and accept my fate for such stupid actions, but wanted to know how to approch the courts? eg writing the judge a letter? asking for awareness course? references? and also informing the judge that i do have evening/weekend child responsibilities? I'm just unsure what to expect when i walk in and if i am given time to inform of my situation. i know its of no one fault but my own and not trying to snake out of punishment, but I just dont know how i'll be able to explain this or what to expect!? any past experiences or advice would be of help.

thank you!

Hi All,

second post on this site - i was caught DD and blew 96ml, no accident, just routine stop as world cup was on, so the police were doing random stops. Just a quick question from others experiences. I have decided to opt out of the solicitor route as i intend to plead guilty and accept my fate for such stupid actions, but wanted to know how to approch the courts? eg writing the judge a letter? asking for awareness course? references? and also informing the judge that i do have evening/weekend child responsibilities? I'm just unsure what to expect when i walk in and if i am given time to inform of my situation. i know its of no one fault but my own and not trying to snake out of punishment, but I just dont know how i'll be able to explain this or what to expect!? any past experiences or advice would be of help.

thank you!
Get 3 character statements also there's a really good apology letter on the web you can give them, dress smart show remorse and try and get the duty solicitor if you can.
To be honest the worst part of going to court is the waiting to go to court the whole process in the court room takes about 10mins good look you will be fine ✌

Hi All,

thank you!

If you aren't wearing a tracksuit or joggers, you'll impress more than 90% in there.

Assuming you are in England or Wales, you will almost certainly get three magistrates rather than a judge (you can get a district judge sitting alone, but that's more rare).

If you treat the court with respect, you'll be treated better.

duty solicitor is the way to go..if you are pleading guilty...they will make it short and sweet...and no cost...

thanks for the info guys - I'll go early and try to get a duty solicitor. regarding the letter for judge, shall I write and post one or shall I take one with me?

thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off