What is happening with getting licence back during this situation.

Convicted Driver Insurance

sillyme

Hi There.
So my licence is due back on 11th july after a 17 month ban for failure to supply a sample of breath.
I am now of course classed as a high risk offender.
I have been unable to obtain any information over the phone when i called from DVLA as i am not a key worker.
And have not been sent a renewal form and so time has been slipping by.
From what i can gather the process can take weeks even months in some cases even under normal circumstances to obtain your licence back and now everything is up in the air even more.
My question is on the DVLA web site it states that they are not dealing with any paperwork and so do not send any ,but that all online services are available .
However this doesn't seem to be the case in terms of re-applying after a conviction.
Has anyone here had to go through this process during this situation and how have you gone about re applying.?
Another question i have ,is it possible to go private for an examination in order to speed the process up or will i need to wait longer for an examiner to become available.
Many thanks in advance.

You can not apply at the minute if you are not a key worker with proof of key worker entitlement.They have not been dealing with applications since the week before lockdown was even announced. You can not have your medical with a private doctor only with the doctor that the DVLA appoints to your case.

Everyone who's ban has ended since March or who's ban is due to end is in limbo really until the Corona virus situation is over. The DVLA phone staff are working from home with a skeleton staff in Swansea processing licences for key workers and HGV drivers, but all medicals are cancelled so if you are HRO it's an indefinite wait.

Ok ? Thankyou .

Sorry that it couldn't have been better news bud, terrible situation altogether for people who have come to the end of their bans to face an indefinite extension. I hope they are back processing applications soon.

Thanks for your kind reply.I know many of us are in the same boat after making a stupid mistake.I held a squeaky clean licence up until my ban with several years no claims.etc.was going through a bad time at the time the offense occured not making an excuse for my behaviour but
I do feel though that our convictions have been legaly paid upon the date they end.And i wont go into my other thoughts about this processing issue.
Thanks again i know this will be affecting others hugely as well.

Hi There.
So my licence is due back on 11th july after a 17 month ban for failure to supply a sample of breath.
I am now of course classed as a high risk offender.
I have been unable to obtain any information over the phone when i called from DVLA as i am not a key worker.
And have not been sent a renewal form and so time has been slipping by.
From what i can gather the process can take weeks even months in some cases even under normal circumstances to obtain your licence back and now everything is up in the air even more.
My question is on the DVLA web site it states that they are not dealing with any paperwork and so do not send any ,but that all online services are available .
However this doesn't seem to be the case in terms of re-applying after a conviction.
Has anyone here had to go through this process during this situation and how have you gone about re applying.?
Another question i have ,is it possible to go private for an examination in order to speed the process up or will i need to wait longer for an examiner to become available.
Many thanks in advance.
Hi silly me, check out my thread here to read mine and others experiences on obtaining a medical. It doesn’t look likely that any of us HROs will be getting our licenses back anytime soon I’m afraid. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off