What do you think my blood sample will be?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stupid

Stupidly I drove to work after drinking the night before. As I start so early in the morning I only had a round six hours sleep. When stopped I was taken to the police station and was given 2 breath tests 46 and 44. As they were low they took a blood test 15 to 20 mins after the breathtest. Before they did the blood test they gave me a glass of water and a cup of tea. I have to go back on Tuesday to the police station for the result. I called them yesterday and the sample is back and they confirmed I was over but wouldnt tell me how much by. All they said was I would have to come to the police station. Would anyone have any idea what the blod reading maybe? Also what happens when I go back to the police on Tuesday. Will they keep me there for long? Thanks so much for your help, I am tearing my hair out wth worry.

Stupidly I drove to work after drinking the night before. As I start so early in the morning I only had a round six hours sleep. When stopped I was taken to the police station and was given 2 breath tests 46 and 44. As they were low they took a blood test 15 to 20 mins after the breathtest. Before they did the blood test they gave me a glass of water and a cup of tea. I have to go back on Tuesday to the police station for the result. I called them yesterday and the sample is back and they confirmed I was over but wouldnt tell me how much by. All they said was I would have to come to the police station. Would anyone have any idea what the blod reading maybe? Also what happens when I go back to the police on Tuesday. Will they keep me there for long? Thanks so much for your help, I am tearing my hair out wth worry.

Hi,

It is impossible to say what your BAC (Blood alcohol content / blood reading) will be as there are so many factors that come into play. Based on your breath test readings it will be at the lower end of the scale. When you go back to the police station they will charge you with the offence and bail you to appear at court. You should expect to be there an hour or so, but this will depend on how busy they are and how long you have to wait etc.

There is little you can do until you know your reading, have been charged and have been given all the relevant paperwork etc. Once this has happened then I would recommend consulting a solicitor.

Let us know how you get on, a lot of members of this forum are or have been in a similar position and know how worrying it can be!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the reply. I have just returned back from the police station and my BAC was 94. I know I am going to be banned but will I have to have a dvla medical before I can drive again. Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much for the reply. I have just returned back from the police station and my BAC was 94. I know I am going to be banned but will I have to have a dvla medical before I can drive again. Thanks for your help.

You wont have to have a DVLA medical before you can drive again. Only high risk offenders are required to submit to a DVLA medical before their driving license is re-instated. A high risk offender is:

• A person who has been found with a BAC of over two and a half times the prescribed legal limit
  • A person who has been convicted of drink driving two or more times within a ten year period
  • A person who has refused to provide a sample

Could I just say thank you so much for your advice and help durring this very difficult time. I have been so stupid and will never do it again. At my low points you have been so helpful. Thanks again.

Bloody hell you were unlucky there mate. I had those same readings, but luckily for me the nurse took an hour and a half to turn up and I was given access to countless cups of water beforehand. It was a Friday night and the nurse had to travel over 30 miles to take the test, and a few weeks after found that it was just under the legal limit (76).
It goes to show how inaccurate the intoxylizer is, I would have thought with those readings you would have had a reading in the 80's.
Best of luck man, it's rotten getting banned and your licence is valuable.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off