Waiting time after medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

tomthetom

I had my medical on the 26/11/2013 and i know i will pass it as i have'nt drank for months.
How long does it take to hear from dvla?
One man said he got his license back 10 days after his medical, some say it could take up to 4 weeks.
Any info will be great thanks.

I think it's different for every case. I have my medical today and am worried about passing. Do you no how you find out if you've passed or failed?

I think it's different for every case. I have my medical today and am worried about passing. Do you no how you find out if you've passed or failed?

I got mine back today, about 18 days since my medical, no covering letter just my licence with card... :)
Hope that helps, good luck...
I nearly screamed the house down....
Moodle

I got mine back today, about 18 days since my medical, no covering letter just my licence with card... :)
Hope that helps, good luck...
I nearly screamed the house down....
Moodle

Congrats. I was the same when i got mine this morning, after nearly 16 years it was so good to have it in my hand. Never going through that again.

Good luck with your medical. I got my licence back to day. If you wasnt a 15 pints a day drinker like me and kept off the beer for at least 2 weeks then you should be ok. They dont tell you if you pass, just send you your license. I think you can phone them a week after your medical to find out but they are useless at giving out info.

Congrats. I was the same when i got mine this morning, after nearly 16 years it was so good to have it in my hand. Never going through that again.

Ah congrats Tomthetom & the same to you, it is very stressful waiting but I decided not to ring the DVLA just because I knew if they were evasive it would worry me more and even though on a rational level I saw no reason why I would fail, the side of me that is prone to worrying took over throughout this process.... they clearly did not write to my GP and I know there are different things written here concerning whether they do or don't...in my case and clearly yours too they did not because there would have been a far bigger wait I would imagine AND they are meant to notify you if they do...

16 years not driving?? Crikey 6 months was hell, I was often on 4 buses a day getting my 6 year old daughter to school 4 miles up the road, cabs here and there as I had no other option, not able to do my own job properly, not being able to visit my Mum in a care home as much as I did...the list was endless but only for 6 months..everyone said it went fast, it didn't my end...I will never ever forget it and it wasn't until I had my licence in my hand that I finally made future plans such as days out with my daughter to nice places etc...planning ahead..I felt like my life was on hold and I was beholden to others which at 45 wasn't fun.. very much a lesson learnt and I certainly didn't celebrate with a glass of wine!

Moodle

I think my medical went okay, I answered no to every question so can't see any reason why I'd fail but I'm still worrying. I hope I hear soon.

I think my medical went okay, I answered no to every question so can't see any reason why I'd fail but I'm still worrying. I hope I hear soon.

Hope so Alfie, I am not going to tell you not to worry as I would be a hypocrite!! Just hang in there, they do seem to be turning them around fairly swiftly....keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Moodle

If you answered no to all the questions and you wasnt alcohol dependent then all should be good. I know its stressful not knowing if you have passed the medical or not, i was the same after reading alot of post on here.

Hopefully you will hear from them soon, 10 days or so after your medical. Like Moodle said they seem to be turning them around fairly swiftly.
Fingers crossed for you Alfie, let us know how you get on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off