Waiting time after Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hiya mate,

Hope everything goes well over the next few days for you.

Out of interest did you answer YES to any of the questions on the medical? And what, if any, has your alcohol consumption been like over the last few months?

I've got my medical in 3 weeks so just trying to get my head around what to expect.

I quit drinking 31 months ago and don't have any preexisting issues with booze. Hope that means they won't bother contacting my GP - fingers crossed.
I answered no to all the questions and didn’t drink for 3 weeks before doctor said they are looking for heavy drinkers/drink everyday

My medical was on the 5th may and still no answer
Have you been advised if they're contacting your GP and did you answer YES to any of the medical questions?

Did you drink much on the run up to your medical?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it sits with the medical team before they send out the letter with Doctors details? The DVLA have had my application for 3 months. I finally got through to them today and the medical dept. said it is with them to be processed. My ban ended 3 weeks ago and it seems like I shall be waiting months before I get my

My ban ended in Feb. It took 3 months to get mine back with alot of chasing about. Chasing my doctor to send report quickly and constantly ringing dvla

Hello everyone.

I had my medical 5 weeks ago and did not hear anything of them since. I don't know the results, I have no update, I don't know where I am with my case. I meant to be back on the road since February but due to delays I am still waiting. It's just not right to be penalised for longer while my ban was over 3 months ago. I know it's nothing we can do about it. However due to lack of any update shall I be worry? Why blood takes so long to get results or update? Is there anything I can do? Thank you
Feel for you m8. My ban finished 8 February. I submitted forms late. Got DVLA medical done(£100+ ) They wanted a medical from my doctor too. But luckily I took the form with me to DVLA medical. The doctor did it for me for no extra cost. Told me my blood pressure was too high to get my HGV license back. Letter came from dvla saying this . They told me to have blood pressure checks from doctor. I submitted them and got my licence back in May . I got hgv back. You just have to keep on at them and plead to your doctor to speed up from their end.

Feel for you m8. My ban finished 8 February. I submitted forms late. Got DVLA medical done(£100+ ) They wanted a medical from my doctor too. But luckily I took the form with me to DVLA medical. The doctor did it for me for no extra cost. Told me my blood pressure was too high to get my HGV license back. Letter came from dvla saying this . They told me to have blood pressure checks from doctor. I submitted them and got my licence back in May . I got hgv back. You just have to keep on at them and plead to your doctor to speed up from their
Feel for you m8. My ban finished 8 February. I submitted forms late. Got DVLA medical done(£100+ ) They wanted a medical from my doctor too. But luckily I took the form with me to DVLA medical. The doctor did it for me for no extra cost. Told me my blood pressure was too high to get my HGV license back. Letter came from dvla saying this . They told me to have blood pressure checks from doctor. I submitted them and got my licence back in May . I got hgv back. You just have to keep on at them and plead to your doctor to speed up from their end
Feel for you m8. My ban finished 8 February. I submitted forms late. Got DVLA medical done(£100+ ) They wanted a medical from my doctor too. But luckily I took the form with me to DVLA medical. The doctor did it for me for no extra cost. Told me my blood pressure was too high to get my HGV license back. Letter came from dvla saying this . They told me to have blood pressure checks from doctor. I submitted them and got my licence back in May . I got hgv back. You just have to keep on at them and plead to your doctor to speed up from their end
Thanks mate , the end is in sight my gp has wrote back last week , I had to send another few forms. The medical people said 2 weeks to send 2 weeks too receive . So fingers crossed I will be driving by Christmas lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off