Waiting game continues

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well, I had my medical on the 30th of September 2021. They then wrote to my GP on the 16th of November, but GP as of the beginning of this week has not yet completed the forms. Given Christmas is coming up and people will be on holiday and also reading most (but not all) others experiences on the site, it looks like I won't be getting my licence back until sometime in February at the earliest. My ban ended 12th October and I applied bang on the 90 days before, so our timelines are not too dissimilar.
Hi,

I have just received a phone call a couple hours ago that they are issuing my license at midnight. Probably not what you want to hear, but possibly it may give you hope? They might just be wanting to smash through them all! Good luck <3

Hi,

I have just received a phone call a couple hours ago that they are issuing my license at midnight. Probably not what you want to hear, but possibly it may give you hope? They might just be wanting to smash through them all! Good luck <
That's amazing news. I'm glad for you. Do you know when your GP replied to them and how long after that it was until you received this welcome news?

My stumbling at this time is my GP who apparently only completes these reports when 'they have time to.' I've called asking to speak with the GP and even said I'd come and sit with the GP as they completed the form. but they are an incredibly busy town centre practice and don't operate like that. I'll just call them again next week and see what the situation is.

What was your overall timeline?

That's amazing news. I'm glad for you. Do you know when your GP replied to them and how long after that it was until you received this welcome news?

My stumbling at this time is my GP who apparently only completes these reports when 'they have time to.' I've called asking to speak with the GP and even said I'd come and sit with the GP as they completed the form. but they are an incredibly busy town centre practice and don't operate like that. I'll just call them again next week and see what the situation is.

What was your overall timeline?
Thank you for those kind words.
I will believe it when I see it updated online, though.
I am under the impression that they have not written to my GP, which I am surprised about as I was counted as HRO.
I am not sure what to offer re: your GP and their work load. I am very rural and have a very quiet practice. Think Doc Martin, or Hot Fuzz!

My timeline was:

Aug 2015 - 16month ban - DR10
November 2018 - 3 year ban - DR10

19.08.2021 - D1 form sent via recorded delivery
21.08.2021 - 90 day marker begins
15.10.2021 - Medical letter received. Phone call made to surgery, but I wasn't on the DVLA appointed doctor's system yet
18.10.2021 - Phone call to DVLA appointed surgery - Medical booked for just under 4 week's time
18.11.2021 - Ban lifted
24.11.2021 - Medical - physical examination, questionnaire, CDT all taken and recorded, but no urine taken
13.12.2021 - Emailed GP practice to ask whether they had record of any paperwork - none ever rec'd
15.12.2021 - Spoke to DVLA agent on telephone - all paperwork had been received from medical, was all with 'decision maker' and no other information could be offered
16.12.2021 - Phone call from DVLA to state that license would be issued from midnight
17.12.2021 - LiCeNsE IsSuEd - I hope!

Thank you for those kind words.
I will believe it when I see it updated online, though.
I am under the impression that they have not written to my GP, which I am surprised about as I was counted as HRO.
I am not sure what to offer re: your GP and their work load. I am very rural and have a very quiet practice. Think Doc Martin, or Hot Fuzz!

My timeline was:

Aug 2015 - 16month ban - DR10
November 2018 - 3 year ban - DR10

19.08.2021 - D1 form sent via recorded delivery
21.08.2021 - 90 day marker begins
15.10.2021 - Medical letter received. Phone call made to surgery, but I wasn't on the DVLA appointed doctor's system yet
18.10.2021 - Phone call to DVLA appointed surgery - Medical booked for just under 4 week's time
18.11.2021 - Ban lifted
24.11.2021 - Medical - physical examination, questionnaire, CDT all taken and recorded, but no urine taken
13.12.2021 - Emailed GP practice to ask whether they had record of any paperwork - none ever rec'd
15.12.2021 - Spoke to DVLA agent on telephone - all paperwork had been received from medical, was all with 'decision maker' and no other information could be offered
16.12.2021 - Phone call from DVLA to state that license would be issued from midnight
17.12.2021 - LiCeNsE IsSuEd - I hope!
In theory, I should have been ahead of you. My ban ended on 12th October and I applied on the 15th July.

It is this complete inconsistency that annoys all of us about the process. You have 2 DUI's. I have 2 DUI's and yet you now (apparently,) have your licence back, yet you applied later than me and they didn't write to your GP.

On the DR1 form, did you make any mention of medication to stop drinking? I did but I also only scored 1 on the second part of the form, yet they have still written to my GP.

If you don't mind, what were your readings when you were stopped?

Mine were 124 and 96 respectively.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off