Waiting game continues

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kallyj

It's 2 weeks since partner had his drugs test.
I've emailed Tim Burton this morning again !
I'm hoping the reply I get this time is a little less abrupt .
Started this process in August last year , so far paid for course , blood tests and both lost a day's pay due to them wanting a urine test.
My partner has returned to work but has hired a driver, which is far from ideal.
I understand all to well about covid but surely there must be some sort of time scale in tried etc.

Started this process in August last year , so far paid for course , blood tests and both lost a day's pay due to them wanting a urine test.
My partner has returned to work but has hired a driver, which is far from ideal.
I understand all to well about covid but surely there must be some sort of time scale in tried etc.

The responce time after a medical is up to 8 weeks. Normally it can take up to 14 working days for results to be even scanned onto the system let alone going to the medical team for a decision. I expect most replies will be abrupt if you're only at the 2 week mark.

The responce time after a medical is up to 8 weeks. Normally it can take up to 14 working days for results to be even scanned onto the system let alone going to the medical team for a decision. I expect most replies will be abrupt if you're only at the 2 week mark.
Agreed, the more people that pester Tim Burton after only a short time from their medical, the less time he has to deal with genuine hold ups where he can make a real difference.

No the abrupt and obviously cut and pasted email I received before was 7 weeks be
Agreed, the more people that pester Tim Burton after only a short time from their medical, the less time he has to deal with genuine hold ups where he can make a real difference.
im just asking about a time frame , nothing has been said to us about how long.
This is s genuine problem. My partner was previously told by the DVLA he would be getting lisence back and then told he wasn't .

No the abrupt and obviously cut and pasted email I received before was 7 weeks be

im just asking about a time frame , nothing has been said to us about how long.
This is s genuine problem. My partner was previously told by the DVLA he would be getting lisence back and then told he wasn't .
Tim Burton should be the port of last resort, when ordinary enquiries meet a brick wall. You are wasting his time when you pester him about a medical that was only 2 weeks ago. There is a generic email address or the phone line for routine enquiries, that is why I am saying you should not be contacting him when, as Grice96 says, is will have barely been scanned into the system.
Drugs medicals usually take longer because the blood sample has to be screened for a number of things, rather than a blood test which is only screened for CDT for HRO purposes.

Tim Burton should be the port of last resort, when ordinary enquiries meet a brick wall. You are wasting his time when you pester him about a medical that was only 2 weeks ago. There is a generic email address or the phone line for routine enquiries, that is why I am saying you should not be contacting him when, as Grice96 says, is will have barely been scanned into the system.
Drugs medicals usually take longer because the blood sample has to be screened for a number of things, rather than a blood test which is only screened for CDT for HRO purposes.
Hi there, what is the email address? Does anyone remember it? I looked on the contact us section and you click through but it looks like they removed the email address on the DVLA website?

Well I’ve been waiting since 6th February, i had my blood test September 2019 and they notified me a full 14 months later that I’m required to provide a urine sample, booked it for late February but called and got it changed to early February. I keep calling and they claim that they have not received the results from the lab yet. A urine test for drugs should be quicker then a blood sample CDT as I believe they only dip using test strips, if they see any discrepancies they do a more advanced test. When did he complete his blood test ? DVLA are useless and really if the staff can’t cope they should be sacked and new staff that are more capable and willing to get stuff done should be employed. Not impressed with the DVLA. All in I’ve done 4 years 7 months of a 3 year driving ban so don’t mean to be negative but don’t expect anything to soon. I haven’t gone as far as emailing Tim button yet but that’s my next step I think as I’m really desperate to get mine back. Due to the current situation they should have just issued 1 year licenses to everyone who are not dependant on alcohol and dealt with it after this covid bollocks has calmed down but no they just created a massive backlog.. good luck keep updating please as I’d really like to know if it’s just me that’s being taken for a reason ride

Well I’ve been waiting since 6th February, i had my blood test September 2019 and they notified me a full 14 months later that I’m required to provide a urine sample, booked it for late February but called and got it changed to early February. I keep calling and they claim that they have not received the results from the lab yet. A urine test for drugs should be quicker then a blood sample CDT as I believe they only dip using test strips, if they see any discrepancies they do a more advanced test. When did he complete his blood test ? DVLA are useless and really if the staff can’t cope they should be sacked and new staff that are more capable and willing to get stuff done should be employed. Not impressed with the DVLA. All in I’ve done 4 years 7 months of a 3 year driving ban so don’t mean to be negative but don’t expect anything to soon. I haven’t gone as far as emailing Tim button yet but that’s my next step I think as I’m really desperate to get mine back. Due to the current situation they should have just issued 1 year licenses to everyone who are not dependant on alcohol and dealt with it after this covid bollocks has calmed down but no they just created a massive backlog.. good luck keep updating please as I’d really like to know if it’s just me that’s being taken for a reason ride
Hi
I ended up emailing DVLA again who then wrote to my husband saying the urine tests from march 9 th were being processed.
Been checking on line daily , couldn't access the site last night , kept saying I'd put info in wrong . Did it this morning and lisence has been issued .
1 year lisence .

Hi all

I thought I would share my experience to getting license back.

Early feb 2021 got allocated a Medical.
Had medical on 17th March
Full license issued on 13th April.

No GP contacted. First offence, blew 95 on roadside so HRO.

Hi all

I thought I would share my experience to getting license back.

Early feb 2021 got allocated a Medical.
Had medical on 17th March
Full license issued on 13th April.

No GP contacted. First offence, blew 95 on roadside so HRO.
did they take a urine sample if you dont mind me asking? Ive heard a lot about the cdt test but whether or not they take a urine sample or not seems to be a bit of a question mark.

did they take a urine sample if you dont mind me asking? Ive heard a lot about the cdt test but whether or not they take a urine sample or not seems to be a bit of a question mark.
Hi Andy

No urine test. I understand they only test urine if you got done for drug driving or if the doctor suspects drug abuse (needle marks etc?)

Hi Andy

No urine test. I understand they only test urine if you got done for drug driving or if the doctor suspects drug abuse (needle marks etc?)
Apparently not. They have booked me in for a urine test as well as cdt even though drugs had nothing to do with my case. people be warned

Apparently not. They have booked me in for a urine test as well as cdt even though drugs had nothing to do with my case. people be warned
Hi
My husband was sent for s urine test as he'd asked for valium to help him come off the alcohol previously but as this had been during his ban he had forgotten about it . When the medical form went to drs they said he had not declared it but to be honest we both had forgotten about asking

Hi all,

My ban ended on November 19th 2021. I applied for license back in August on the 90 day head start mark, but couldn't get a medical booked until 24th November 2021.

I was HRO due to two offences within 10 years, and so they required a CDT blood test. I know that my doctor will be fine, and report no issues, although as of yesterday, they haven't been contacted by the DVLA either. I am confident that my bloods will be fine as I didn't drink anything for over 4 months prior to the test, and am not dependent, the medical doctor also said she had no issues at all with any of my physical examinations.

When - realistically - am I looking at getting my license back , with the current timeline, please? Does anyone have any more recent experience with this? Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

My ban ended on November 19th 2021. I applied for license back in August on the 90 day head start mark, but couldn't get a medical booked until 24th November 2021.

I was HRO due to two offences within 10 years, and so they required a CDT blood test. I know that my doctor will be fine, and report no issues, although as of yesterday, they haven't been contacted by the DVLA either. I am confident that my bloods will be fine as I didn't drink anything for over 4 months prior to the test, and am not dependent, the medical doctor also said she had no issues at all with any of my physical examinations.

When - realistically - am I looking at getting my license back , with the current timeline, please? Does anyone have any more recent experience with this? Thanks in advance :)
My licence was issued 3 months after the medical . They wrote to my GP. Had they not done so I may have got it back earlier .

My licence was issued 3 months after the medical . They wrote to my GP. Had they not done so I may have got it back earlier .
Thank you, Polly, and congratulations on the return of your license! Just have to count the days down now, I guess...! I was hoping before Christmas, but looks unlikely :(

Hi all,

My licence was also issued 3 months after my medical, which included contacting my GP just over a month after medical

Hi
My husband was sent for s urine test as he'd asked for valium to help him come off the alcohol previously but as this had been during his ban he had forgotten about it . When the medical form went to drs they said he had not declared it but to be honest we both had forgotten about asking
I also mentioned Valium when I was coming off alcohol, which is probably why they have written to my GP. I did the CDT blood test which I know will come back very low, but no one has mentioned a Urine test to me. Did the DVLA write to your GP?

Hi all,

Well, I had my medical on the 30th of September 2021. They then wrote to my GP on the 16th of November, but GP as of the beginning of this week has not yet completed the forms. Given Christmas is coming up and people will be on holiday and also reading most (but not all) others experiences on the site, it looks like I won't be getting my licence back until sometime in February at the earliest. My ban ended 12th October and I applied bang on the 90 days before, so our timelines are not too dissimilar.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off