Urgently need help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shilohb16

So this is my story :
Got 18 months ban for failing to provide in 2011
Got 3 years ban for driving whilst being disqualified in dec 2012
Applied for my licence in October 2019
I was told to do a medical which I did in November 19
Since then each time I call they tell me they are dealing with my case , I’ve put complaints and nothing is happening it’s so annoying .
Has anyone been through this ?
It’s been 5 months !! And now that we’ve got this going on I don’t know how long it’s will take .
Please help . Thanks

Hi there, you are now classed as a High Risk Offender because of your previous actions and with this will come investigations (thoroughly) by the DVLA, it's been 4 months since your medical and this is quite normal, some DVLA cases can take upto 18 months/2 years to finally issue a licence(my own case took 14 months), DVLA are in the process of collecting information about you through your GP and any other relevant means to decide wether you are fit to drive, I do feel they will send you for another medical somewhere down the line so you need to stay clear of drink until your licence comes through, when you have phoned them and they have told you they are dealing with your case then I'm afraid you are in the DVLA process which can take its time until investigations are finished, you `have to be patient and classed` as a HRO you will be subjected to all investigations until DVLA are satisfied......just to add all progress has stopped at DVLA for the next 12 weeks......

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off