Update on my DVLA Urine Test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Today marks 200 DAYS since giving the DVLA doctor my urine sample. Yes, 200 Days! 6 and a half months! I am still told that the “lab has my urine”. I was banned for 12 months a long time ago. I have been unbanned for 20 months and have been trying to navigate the medical maze during COVID, and I am on the last hurdle, a urine test. I have my sample 6.5 months ago, I have gotten my MO to write to them, twice now. I had reached a point of not caring and started to deal with it but day by day it winds me up more and more, it’s really triggering dark parts of my mental health and I hate having to deal with it through my day to day life. Sorry for the rant. But just as an acknowledgment to any disgruntled citizens browsing the forum R.E. DVLA delays, I feel your paid. 6.5 months they have my urine, I feel you…😭
Don't mention the MH bit ssshh-hh

Today marks 200 DAYS since giving the DVLA doctor my urine sample. Yes, 200 Days! 6 and a half months! I am still told that the “lab has my urine”. I was banned for 12 months a long time ago. I have been unbanned for 20 months and have been trying to navigate the medical maze during COVID, and I am on the last hurdle, a urine test. I have my sample 6.5 months ago, I have gotten my MO to write to them, twice now. I had reached a point of not caring and started to deal with it but day by day it winds me up more and more, it’s really triggering dark parts of my mental health and I hate having to deal with it through my day to day life. Sorry for the rant. But just as an acknowledgment to any disgruntled citizens browsing the forum R.E. DVLA delays, I feel your paid. 6.5 months they have my urine, I feel you…😭
Have you got your license back yet? My ban ended in feb 2021, drink driving had my CDT test , then they asked me for a urine test on Aug 5th. Still waiting for my result now can’t believe it.

Have you got your license back yet? My ban ended in feb 2021, drink driving had my CDT test , then they asked me for a urine test on Aug 5th. Still waiting for my result now can’t believe it.
I've been waiting since July 14th, so 191 days nearly at where this chap was.

You have not lost out by doing the course. Yes, you are delayed in the process but you have still been able to apply for your licence earlier, instead of facing the same delay in x number of months (the number of months that your ban was reduced by)
If you asked for a refund and got it, then you have not completed the course because the requirements are that you pay for the course and complete it.
DVLA would be informed that you have not met the criteria, would reinstate your full ban and you would have to submit a fresh application and join the queue to be dealt with as well….. plus having to admit to the full ban for insurance purposes.
Sadly you are stuck where you are in the process, along with a lot of others.

Hi,

I took my medical urine test for THC on 01/08/2022

I stopped smoking for 2months and 2weeks, which is around 75days

I was passing the home testing kits 15MG. But am still very anxious and nervous as the wait is so long.

I still haven't received my results today (30/08/2022)

And I just pray to I pass.

Hi all.

I checked myself into hospital and admitted cannabis use. They prescribed anti depressants & said I had to inform the dvla.
6 days in hospital in total.
I had to speak to my gp when I got out and ofcourse I got in touch with the dvla aslo..
Turns out they wanted to send a medical questionnaire to my gp.
So many many weeks later I get a letter saying my licence is revoked due to "evidence" that I'm a drug addict or misusing substances.

I feel like my gp has totally through me under the bus here. I'm completely devastated)':

Hi all.

I checked myself into hospital and admitted cannabis use. They prescribed anti depressants & said I had to inform the dvla.
I had to speak to my gp when I got out and ofcourse I got in touch with the dvla aslo..
So many many weeks later I get a letter saying my licence is revoked due to "evidence" that I'm a drug addict or misusing substances.

I feel like my gp has totally through me under the bus here. I'm completely devastated)':
Sorry mate, unless I’m missing something, why do you feel your GP Has thrown you under the bus? When you yourself, informed DVLA (rightly so) that you were misusing after checking into hospital. You’ve obviously spoken to your GP or they have had notification from the hospital of cannabis abuse or misuse. And you GP has only confirmed the truth to DVLA? Like I say, unless I’m missing something here then I can’t see how your GP is to blame for anything? Not having a pop at you, just not understanding your argument.

Sorry mate, unless I’m missing something, why do you feel your GP Has thrown you under the bus? When you yourself, informed DVLA (rightly so) that you were misusing after checking into hospital. You’ve obviously spoken to your GP or they have had notification from the hospital of cannabis abuse or misuse. And you GP has only confirmed the truth to DVLA? Like I say, unless I’m missing something here then I can’t see how your GP is to blame for anything? Not having a pop at you, just not understanding your argument

Hi all.

I hear what both of you are saying.. however what I would of done is contacted my GP to find out my medical records.. and see if anything would jeopardize you not getting your license back..

In the mean time I would ask the DVLA to send you your urine results too see how much was in your system.. maybe you can speak to legal aid or a solicitor.. it might not work but it's worth a try

This is stressful for everyone going through this.. but I want everyone to win an

I hear what both of you are saying.. however what I would of done is contacted my GP to find out my medical records.. and see if anything would jeopardize you not getting your license back..

In the mean time I would ask the DVLA to send you your urine results too see how much was in your system.. maybe you can speak to legal aid or a solicitor.. it might not work but it's worth a try

This is stressful for everyone going through this.. but I want everyone to win an
Hi, thanks for reply.

I disclosed in hospital that I smoked cannabis.

I never told the dvla anything (I don't believe I have an addiction)

My gp filled out the form that the dvla sent to them, assessing whether I'm capible of driving or not.

I never even took a drug test. I was never involved with the police or anything like that on the road.

I had a driving job, I drove a 7.5 tonne vehicle. I believe Im competent to drive.

Tbh I was depressed because I lost access to my children and became suicidal. I begged for help.

I was advised to take medication and basically left to it.

That's what it feels like anyway.

Hi, thanks for reply.

My gp filled out the form that the dvla sent to them, assessing whether I'm capible of driving or not.

I never even took a drug test. I was never involved with the police or anything like that on the road.

I had a driving job, I drove a 7.5 tonne vehicle. I believe Im competent to drive.

Tbh I was depressed because I lost access to my children and became suicidal. I begged for help.

It's so unfair it's unbelievable

Hi, thanks for reply.

But did the GP not send a letter to your house authorizing them to contact your GP

Hi, thanks for reply.

Legend that’s a much better explanation, your first post was a little confusing. That’s why I asked the question. The golden rule, sadly most people find out too late…..tell your GP nothing. Because they will shaft you every time. Also when asked by hospitals “do you want us to send a letter to your doctor”? Always reply “NO”

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off