Update on court case - August

Convicted Driver Insurance
Sorry, posted a thread in July. Blew 42 etc... you can see my previous post.

Court date was in August. I had a barrister with me, took 2 references from work and a charity I was helping out over lockdown. To be honest, judges were pretty ruthless with me. £900 fine reduced to £550 for early please and 12 month ban Reduced to 9 months if I did the course. Took it on the chin. Was in and out of the court room in 11mins. Only confirmed my name and pleaded guilty. Will sit the course in December or Jan to knock 3 months off at £250. I’ve managed to lease my car out in the meantime and have bought myself an e-scooter. Should be back on the road in May 2021. Regardless of your conviction, my advice will be we either win, or we learn. Don’t stress and crack on with it, in this current climate use your energy to worry about loved ones etc and your own health....... the one thing I was unsure about is a criminal conviction on your file for 6 years? Maybe someone from the forum could answer???

You have a criminal conviction that is discloseable for 5 years for insurance purposes.
fr other purposes, and DBS checks, it is valid for 11 years if it is your only conviction. If you have, or get, another criminal conviction (not just drink driving) then it stays valid for life!

You have a criminal conviction that is discloseable for 5 years for insurance purposes.
fr other purposes, and DBS checks, it is valid for 11 years if it is your only conviction. If you have, or get, another criminal conviction (not just drink driving) then it stays valid for life!
Thank you

That's what I thought, but I had a DBS in 2011 and it showed nothing (DD from 1994 and absolute discharge in Court for driving car 2 days past MOT expiry 1993).

Some police forces have weeded old minor offences from the system, bus some haven’t so old convictions are a bit hit and miss.

Sorry, posted a thread in July. Blew 42 etc... you can see my previous post.

Court date was in August. I had a barrister with me, took 2 references from work and a charity I was helping out over lockdown. To be honest, judges were pretty ruthless with me. £900 fine reduced to £550 for early please and 12 month ban Reduced to 9 months if I did the course. Took it on the chin. Was in and out of the court room in 11mins. Only confirmed my name and pleaded guilty. Will sit the course in December or Jan to knock 3 months off at £250. I’ve managed to lease my car out in the meantime and have bought myself an e-scooter. Should be back on the road in May 2021. Regardless of your conviction, my advice will be we either win, or we learn. Don’t stress and crack on with it, in this current climate use your energy to worry about loved ones etc and your own health....... the one thing I was unsure about is a criminal conviction on your file for 6 years? Maybe someone from the forum could answer???
Be very careful riding that e-scooter as your banned and need at least a provisional driving licence to ride on one,Could get in big trouble

It is currently illegal to use a private e-scooter on the roads and in cycle lanes in the UK currently. The only place that you can only use them on private land with the permission of the land owner.8 Sep 2020

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off