up coming medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

terrence

hi im going for a medical on the 28th of this month , i have not had a drink since dec 2019 when i went for a 7 day in house detox ,i had a couple off seizures due to alcohol withdrawal before that .im on mild depression medication sertraline and im absolutely fine my medical records state this .is there anything i need to worry about for example 6 years history on the medical dvla questionaire which i have downloaded

hi im going for a medical on the 28th of this month , i have not had a drink since dec 2019 when i went for a 7 day in house detox ,i had a couple off seizures due to alcohol withdrawal before that .im on mild depression medication sertraline and im absolutely fine my medical records state this .is there anything i need to worry about for example 6 years history on the medical dvla questionaire which i have downloaded
Long as you declare everything I reckon you'll be ok

Hi T, and welcome to the forum

I remember they do ask if you have ever had a detox but unsure of what repercussions this may trigger, other than you being classed as dependant.

As your classed as dependant - you will have to provide evidence that you have abstained for the last 12 months.

More knowledgeable folk will be along soon but seizures sets the alarm bells ringing at DVLA, it may be different as they were alcohol related during a detox or was this previous to the detox - there will be some rule about being free for a certain period of time.
If its on your medical records you will have to tell them as if you dont, it looks like your covering up .

thankyou for your reply my alcohol withdrawal last seizure was 6 months before my detox ihave a full and complete paper folder of my records which i paid £50 for at docks .my medical records are up to date and say that there is no reason why i should not be allowed to drive . i also had a full blood test done recently and they all came back fine stating no further action needed .it also says on my record that i have not had a drink since dec 18th 2019 .i fully intend on putting the date of my last seizure on the medical questionaire ,or am i being too thorough ,,

I wouldnt mention anything that isnt in your records - but thats me
What evidence have you got relating to your abstention over the last year - tests etc

thankyou for your reply my alcohol withdrawal last seizure was 6 months before my detox ihave a full and complete paper folder of my records which i paid £50 for at docks .my medical records are up to date and say that there is no reason why i should not be allowed to drive . i also had a full blood test done recently and they all came back fine stating no further action needed .it also says on my record that i have not had a drink since dec 18th 2019 .i fully intend on putting the date of my last seizure on the medical questionaire ,or am i being too thorough ,,
Terrance, don't mention the seizure unless you are specifically asked it (it may just open a can of worms...). Just answer the questions as honestly as possible. DVLA will contact your GP directly to corroborate the answers, your folder full of records won't be accepted I'm afraid. Your GP will respond that "...according to the patient, he has been abstinent since Dec 2019", any LFT's over this period can be used to back this up if the results have been within the normal boundaries and have either been stable or going in the right direction.

thx guys for your advice that has somewhat set my mind at ease ,il just attend the medical an be honest an as far as i can see should be ok .i will certainly be back on this forum to let anyone who i might be able to help as how i got on thx terrence

hello again been a while .right i attendedmy medical on 28th of july as asked , ithen waited 8 months to be sent another letter asking me to attend same dvla medical same place same doctor, which i did on the 3rd september last week .am i special or could it be dvla lost results of my first test as the doctor impied ?

just to update i received my 12 month licence yesterday .i did my dvla medical 2 weeks ago so that was quick,just begs the answer did they lose my dvla results from the 22nd of january ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off