TTC Rehab Course.

Convicted Driver Insurance

DonkeyKong

Established Member
I just completed the TTC Drink Driving Rehab Program.
It is entirely a coincidence taking this one when Price here, who has helped me a lot, happens to work for them.

I’m not going to state everything that happened over the 2.5 days, as it’s been done lots, and they are all going to be similar.

I might have a slightly different perspective to some, since I am already a third of the way through the compulsory DID Program, which I have to do in addition to this optional course. The TTC course got me 7 months off the 30 month ban. The DID Program gets me didly-squat.

Looking at other reviews below, you need to know that if you think the 2.5 day Program is too long... then be very grateful you aren’t on DID. The TTC course has delivered more in 2.5 sessions than the 5 sessions of DID. And there are 10 more DID sessions to go for me. I have seen pissed (drunk) people show up on both of my courses, which annoys me no end.

It is absolutely possible that the Rehab Program could be shorter. But so could any course. I run courses myself presenting IT services, and do exactly the same. There is a standard presentation method, used universally, where you start each session with ground rules, fire-exits, toilets, etc. You start each session reviewing what you did last time. You start each session reviewing what you are about to do. Then you do what you need to do. You then end each session reviewing what you just did. This means that the review bits alone add at least 33% of pointless time to the course, and you spend less time learning than you do discussing what you are about learn/what you just learned.

That aside, the TTC course did need the 3 days. I did actually learn a lot, and I got reaffirmation of stuff I already knew. It was definitely a worthwhile thing to do.

There is no need to be scared/nervous of the course. There is a carthartic thing about being able to talk with a bunch of strangers about something that you maybe can’t tell other people. You are all in the same boat, and nobody judges you. The attendees range from proper nutters with records going back years, to people who have made their first ever mistake.

Our instructor was a lovely lady. She knew her stuff, but she took no shit. The simple summary is... this is what you did wrong... and this is what you need to do so you don’t do it again. You can’t say fairer than that.

I walked off this course today with a guy I’d never met before, and will never meet again. We both agreed that this really, really, wasn’t so bad.... and was very much worth a 25% band reduction.

Last edited:
Glad you got a lot out of the TTC course.
At the beginning I always tell clients that the opportunity to talk openly with other drink drivers is part of the “therapy” of the course. They look very sceptical but by the end they understand what I meant.
Not sure which trainer you had, if you PM me her name, or the course location and the date it started I will make sure that your views are convened to her. We don’t do feedback sheets at the end of courses now, which I think is a shame. Feedback, even negative stuff, is all part of the learning process.

I’ll PM you mate. As I say, I got a lot out of this. She really is a credit to your organisation. I told her and this bunch of strangers more about my situation than I have probably told anyone else. To all you fellow criminals... book the TTC course - you won’t regret it. There is no awkwardness, or anything to be scared of. To Price ... she is definitely expecting a feedback form :-D

I think what I found interesting most about the course was meeting other candidates and finding out about the way they had been treated by the police. I'm not a huge fan of the police anyway, but to be fair the cops who dealt with me were fine.

One lady in my course was arrested on a private car park on a Saturday afternoon. When in custody, she asked the custody Sergeant if she could ring her husband to make provisions to go and collect her car which would likely be clamped. The custody sergeant flatly refused saying ''I'm not doing you any favours because drink drivers kill people''. She ended up having her car clamped and this was later broken into during the night. She explained her husband had a spare set of keys but as he could not get in touch with his wife he didn't know where the car was. The lady was then charged & released from custody 21 hours later by which time the husband had rung the same police force reporting his wife missing because he did not know where she was and he was frantic!!!

Another lad on my course has taken to a police station where the intoxilyser machine was not working. He was told he would have to provide bloods but he has a life long fear of needles and refused. He said he would provide a breath sample if they could but he was told ''Its bloods or nothing!'' He ended up being charged for failing to provide as the custody Sergeant refused to even consider a urine sample.

Just two examples of how badly people can be treated by the police.

I really enjoyed my own course and there was a slight sence of sadness at 4pm on that last day when everyone got up and went their separate ways - going into the unknown & not likely to see or speak to one another again. The two ladies on my table became quite friendly with one another and actually swapped numbers and arranged to meet up for a coffee!

I ran into another guy on my course who was in my local Aldi about two weeks ago. He asked how I was getting on and he stated he got his licence back last November. He said one thing he felt about the course was that it made you value having a driving licence and never to put yourself in such a horrible situation again.

CJ

Last edited:
I did the TTC course and it was great. I leaned an awful lot and after the difficult revisiting of 'that fateful night' the instructor did help me put things in the past which I was really struggling to do.
Out of interest what is the DID course?

DID Drink Impaired Driver course. It is by order of the court as a Community Penalty imposed as part of the sentence. It is compulsory, free, runs usually for 15 x two hour sessions and is very much centred on counselling rather than education. It is imposed where there is an indication that the person has a drink problem, leading to the drink driving office. People do not have to have a problem with drinking to be on the TTC course, but the do need educating about how the drinking caused them a problem.

You will often see people on the TTC course who have also done the DID course which does help them, because the DID course does NOT offer a reduction in their ban So they have benefitted from the extra counselling and got a ban reduction.

Thanks for the information. The DID course looks interesting. The TTC course certainly has had a big impact on my thoughts around alcohol units and the value of taxi fares despite the high prices!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off