Travelling to Bali with a DUI

Convicted Driver Insurance

Traveller8

Hi there, just wondering if anyones travelled to Indonesia and had any issues with entry/visa with a DUI?

I’m a GB National.

Many thanks!

Can’t speak for Indonesia specifically but had no trouble getting into a few other countries post-conviction. Mauritius being most recent. Although admittedly not the tougher ones like USA or Canada (yet).

I think if you don’t tell they don’t ask a lot of the time. I think I took the view that if ever pressed on it, I’d say it was a motoring conviction (which it strictly isn’t, but then they kind of have to prove that it isn’t, and if it’s asked in such a way that allows you to define it as such them naturally you will, and it’s not caused me any issues to date).

Bali tourist visas are issued on arrival. Ngurah Rai is civilised and orderly, but busy. They are far more worried about the ongoing threat of terrorism and in particular drug-trafficking than minor convictions. It’s a popular place for drunken Leyton Hewitt lookalikes and some of the characters I’ve bumped into in Kuta are not without blemish. So clearly it is not as stringent as many other places I’ve been to.

I doubt very much they’ll do much (if any) checking beyond your passport, and they aren’t five-eyes. Although I can’t guarantee this and wouldn’t advise you to take my advice as gospel, I think you’ll be fine.

Such a beautiful island though, lucky you. :)

I can’t wait to go back.

Can’t speak for Indonesia specifically but had no trouble getting into a few other countries post-conviction. Mauritius being most recent. Although admittedly not the tougher ones like USA or Canada (yet).

I think if you don’t tell they don’t ask a lot of the time. I think I took the view that if ever pressed on it, I’d say it was a motoring conviction (which it strictly isn’t, but then they kind of have to prove that it isn’t, and if it’s asked in such a way that allows you to define it as such them naturally you will, and it’s not caused me any issues to date).

Bali tourist visas are issued on arrival. Ngurah Rai is civilised and orderly, but busy. They are far more worried about the ongoing threat of terrorism and in particular drug-trafficking than minor convictions. It’s a popular place for drunken Leyton Hewitt lookalikes and some of the characters I’ve bumped into in Kuta are not without blemish. So clearly it is not as stringent as many other places I’ve been to.

I doubt very much they’ll do much (if any) checking beyond your passport, and they aren’t five-eyes. Although I can’t guarantee this and wouldn’t advise you to take my advice as gospel, I think you’ll be fine.

Such a beautiful island though, lucky you. :)

I can’t wait to go back.
Thank you for your response!

I can confirm I had no issues with getting in!😁

Out of curiosity, can I ask what other countries you’ve been to without any issues with visas?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off