Took medical already, now covid-19??

Convicted Driver Insurance

solomove

Hi guys,

Took my medical on the 17th of march for DD, does anyone know how I will be affected right now and long until they get back to me, and also, will I be fine because I took the test before lockdown COVID-19?, will I need to take the test again or will I just be facing a delay? Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I’m on the same boat!
medical on the 9th March and I’ve heard nothing! Im Fairly confident we won’t be affected because Our application has been processed and we’ve both done the medical! I’ll phone the dvla when they open at 10am and I’ll keep you posted!

The answer to your question is how long is a piece of string?

It's safe to say both of you are in a good place because you have done the medical. The time scale all depends on if the DVLA have to write to your doctor!!!

Covid19 is having a huge strain on medical services but I believe doctor's surgeries are still open for business as normal - although mine is out of bounds unless you have an appointment & you are not allowed in the building to even make an appointment!!!

My best bet would be to wait & see. The delay for thousands of drivers is that they have not done their medical and they will have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks which in my opinion is an extension of their ban.

If the DVLA do need to write to your doctor - I would suggest ringing your surgery & arranging a short telephone appointment with your GP. I don't think you would be criticised in the current climate for taking up two minutes of the doctor's valuable time over the telephone, while you raise the issue of the DVLA writing to them. I know my own GP thrives on anything positive and if she can help in anyway someone who has helped themself then she will - it's a break from the doom & gloom of dealing with people who may be terminally ill or others who are doing nothing to change a poor lifestyle.

CJ

I’m on the same boat!
medical on the 9th March and I’ve heard nothing! Im Fairly confident we won’t be affected because Our application has been processed and we’ve both done the medical! I’ll phone the dvla when they open at 10am and I’ll keep you posted!
Morning if you done the medical it's just the doctors reply. Ring your doctor and chase them up, ps ask for them to fax or reply email to NHS.net
Its quickest.
They will then take a week to upload the information and then its decision time . Normally another week..?
Also if they written to the doctors I was told the cdt tests would of been ok, as they would not bother with the procedure and waste time writing to doctor.
It's a waiting game now

Thank you!m for replying!
well the dvla actually contacted my docs before my medical, they wrote to my GP and haematologist because I informed them of changes to my health by including a letter along with my application. I think I’ll give them a phone when they open

Thank you!m for replying!
well the dvla actually contacted my docs before my medical, they wrote to my GP and haematologist because I informed them of changes to my health by including a letter along with my application. I think I’ll give them a phone when they open
Fingers x. I'm going to ring around 2pm later as if any decision is made they would of had time and also monday.
Good luck and I'll post later.

We have to take into account here that goverment agencies are now working from home, my friend is a civil servant and he is at home doing sweet f**k all according to himself. When you ring my GP the phone message before you go into the queue states that he will only be dealing with emergencies, I doubt any doctors will be replying to DVLA letters right now or making appointments to go through forms. It's so far down the list of priorities that it doubt it even makes the list.

I have mentioned in my posts before, between my medical and my licence being issued last year was 7 weeks. This was June-August and I was told this is normal as they allow up to 8 weeks from the time of the medical to decision so my decision was still within the time frame they were working from. I can only speculate but with the slowdown in ever other service out there right now there is bound to be a slowdown with the DVLA. My WiFi is down at the minute and I can't even get anyone on the phone because their call centres in India all closed and they just have a skeleton staff in the UK trying to answer calls.

Fingers x. I'm going to ring around 2pm later as if any decision is made they would of had time and also monday.
Good luck and I'll post later.
I tried phoning all day yesterday but I just had the same old generic automated message which hangs up. I tried any number I could find. I tweeted the DVLA and they replied with the .gov.uk information page link ? I’m still waiting on them getting back to me.
totally regretting volunteering for home care now ?said my license would be returned by the first week in April! Stupidity at its finest!
I will keep you updated!! Stay safe!!

Jenny_holly88. Have you looked on the DVLA website to see if your licence shows that you have your licence back? If it shows it as granted you could drive even though it has not yet arrived in the post.

Jenny_holly88. Have you looked on the DVLA website to see if your licence shows that you have your licence back? If it shows it as granted you could drive even though it has not yet arrived in the post.
Yip! Constantly!! It’s getting pretty obsessive!! Haha!

ok so the dvla followed me on twitter, allowing me to send them a direct message. Hopefully they give me a number after hearing my reasons. I’ll keep you posted! X

Good luck. DVLA responding on Twitter, my my, there is hope for getting a response from them after all!

Hi All

I'm in the same boat, was supposed to have the medical in February but the doctor cancelled so rescheduled to 17th March. The doctor said I was one of the last appointments they were seeing.

I called on the 20th to see if the forms had arrived safely which seems to be the last day that the DVLA were accepting calls.

They said that as I had completed the medical appointment, the application will go ahead as normal which is one positive.

I emailed my doctor yesterday and they have confirmed today that the DVLA have not written to them yet.

I know I'm being impatient as it's only been 2 weeks, my ban was over 5 weeks ago and after having the initial appointment cancelled it seems extra long.

After reading their website update it doesn't look like they will respond any time soon.

Link here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update

I'm not sure if not writing to the GP yet is because they aren't going to anyway or this is just delayed.

I don't have twitter, it would be great to know if they reply to your DM.

I was going to create an account just to message them but it seems they are only replying with the standard Covid-19 response.

Any updates would be great, I will update if I hear anything also.

I’m on the same boat!
Hi J
Update license issued today
DVLA rang me today to say I can drive as of midnight. 14 days .... in the post
Yessss

Hi J
Update license issued today
DVLA rang me today to say I can drive as of midnight. 14 days .... in the post
Yessss
Oh my god I’m so so happy for you!!!!!! How the hell did you manage to contact them?! I’m stuck?!
when was your medical?! Super happy for you buddy!!!!

Oh my god I’m so so happy for you!!!!!! How the hell did you manage to contact them?! I’m stuck?!
when was your medical?! Super happy for you buddy!!!!
Morning. You need to be a key worker or they won't even talk to you.
Ask then to make notes on your file and mine was marked as PRIORITY....
Just ring them after 2pm every other day, again it shows your desperate for your license....
Be polite and RESPECTFUL on the phone and ask how they are doing in these differcult times...
And double check they have everything and uploaded on the system...
Check it's with the team, and if it needs further consultation they will ask for other, senior doctor to confirm...
Also go on live web chat and go through all the questions again,
Ps this is all logged as I was told.
That number is always busy so she gave me this number and hope it helps..
0300 1230815.
Download weq4u.... it's great and free with these numbers really helps with the Bill's.
Ps I know that you are close as your where I was. They rang me in the afternoon on a witheld number. Went through the process and said a could drive and with the current situation its around 14 days in post. I checked online and already updated.
Have a good day, good luck and let us know. Ps hoping to get a car this weekend...

Ps....
Applied Feb 2020. 1st week I think

Forms back 24th Feb ( approx)

Booked medical 3rd march

License 3rd April

Good luck to all and I'll keep my fingers xxxx

Still no update guys :(
Constantly checking the DVLA website too.

Same here buddy! I’ve lost hope and stopped checking.
I sent my application off on the 19th DECEMBER.
medical was the 9th of MARCH. On the 17th MARCH the dvla said they are waiting on the paperwork from the doctor, this is apparently updated by the computer system so it can be a few hours or days but assured me by the 21st March everything should be complete and my license should be restored....but then the covid 19 outbreak happened.....so god knows! Did I make it just in time or not?! Haha no one knows! There’s no one I can contact either so it’s just a Long wait of the unknown ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off