todays the day i can apply for a reduction on my driving bann 36month bann 24months today

Convicted Driver Insurance
court just rang me
got a new appointment on Monday but at a different court this time. earliest time my original court could get me in was 18 November 5weeks away
chose Monday will keep u all informed

That is even odder. the application should be made to the court that disqualified you, according to the legal position on restoring your licence early protocols.

But they cannot, if they read the law! Clarify this urgently, or the CPS will point this out on monday and it will have to be sent back. I have sent you a PM with the relevant legislation……

But they cannot, if they read the law! Clarify this urgently, or the CPS will point this out on monday and it will have to be sent back. I have sent you a PM with the relevant legislation……
Might it be that this different Court is just an overspill from the main one. Eg same petty sessional area ( or whatever they’re called) , same set of Magistrates but operating across 2 sites ?

In these strange times and with back log of courts I find this feasible

Might it be that this different Court is just an overspill from the main one. Eg same petty sessional area ( or whatever they’re called) , same set of Magistrates but operating across 2 sites ?
The original court was Sheffield, so they are in the same ‘cluster’ of courts, but it seems to me that he applied to the correct court, they listed it, but messed up and put it in the wrong court, cannot list it for the correct court for 5 weeks so to save embarrassment to them they have batted it off to another court. (albeit in the same cluster - they are 16 miles apart)
The wording of S42 RTOA is specific, you can apply to the court that disqualified you as the specified minimum time for them to consider restoring your licence early.
I accept that if the court had - say - closed down, then the nearest one would have to do but that is not the case here.
A ‘jobsworth’ CPS rep in court on monday could realise this and object to the case being heard.

hi all quick update for you all
was successful in court today for the early restoration of my licence I'm over the moon
judge was actually good

Fabulous news. We’ll done 😜👍🎉
thanks u polly it's been a long ride well worth it though
can I just say thank u all for your info and input over past month or so much appreciated it is
and a massive thank u to price hes a real gem and a true gentleman

Congrats Do make sure the DVLA has the courts decision in a few days. ( They refused to acknowledge mine for months)

Congrats Do make sure the DVLA has the courts decision in a few days. ( They refused to acknowledge mine for months)
will do rsc al try em weds
months chuffing hell bet that was nitemare did you qualify under s88 or not buddy

will do rsc al try em weds
months chuffing hell bet that was nitemare did you qualify under s88 or not buddy
No I didn't. On the (vague) upside, had my licence back 2 weeks after my medical. They were probably fed up with my complaints. Will you need a medical?

No I didn't. On the (vague) upside, had my licence back 2 weeks after my medical. They were probably fed up with my complaints. Will you need a medical?
hopefully not rsc
dvla told me 2month ago I'm not HRO so hopefully they dont start playing games with me going down hro route

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off