Timescales to licence issue after DVLA medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mishka81

Well Known Member
So I am a HRO, my ban finished 31st July 2020 and I have finally managed to get medical booked for this Wednesday 5th August, question....how long have people been waiting after DVLA get results (via email apparently) to having their licence issued. I am not expecting them to require further info from my GP, haven’t drank since 12th Feb 2018, and that’s confirmed by GP and CDT tests taken. Any specifics would be appreciated

There are lots of factors, but from what I have read on here and based on my own experience, it will depend on things like whether you stated you were a keyworker, if you have previous drink or drug related driving convictions, or if you were classed as dependant by the DVLA and the result of your blood test. Anything 0.9 and below usually means they won't write out to your GP unless they have reason to do so. They may still write out randomly to your GP anyway. In my case they didn't, they just provided me with a letter to give to my GP stating I have been tested for CDT and what my result was. Timescale for me after the medical was just under 2 weeks before I got my licence in my hand. I did state I was a keyworker, had done the drink driving awareness course and it was my first and only driving offence in 14 years. I had a very low blood result also.

There are lots of factors, but from what I have read on here and based on my own experience, it will depend on things like whether you stated you were a keyworker, if you have previous drink or drug related driving convictions, or if you were classed as dependant by the DVLA and the result of your blood test. Anything 0.9 and below usually means they won't write out to your GP unless they have reason to do so. They may still write out randomly to your GP anyway. In my case they didn't, they just provided me with a letter to give to my GP stating I have been tested for CDT and what my result was. Timescale for me after the medical was just under 2 weeks before I got my licence in my hand. I did state I was a keyworker, had done the drink driving awareness course and it was my first and only driving offence in 14 years. I had a very low blood result also.
Two weeks would be nice 👍🏻

Not key worker but been classed as high priority. Spoke to DVLA, they have just told me that they wrote to my GP on 4th August (why they haven’t told me sooner is beyond me!) so now chasing GP

Not key worker but been classed as high priority. Spoke to DVLA, they have just told me that they wrote to my GP on 4th August (why they haven’t told me sooner is beyond me!) so now chasing GP
Yea they told me it can take 2 weeks to get to them, the at least 7 days for an update I'm down as priority 1 ridiculous really. You need to ring your doctor and tell them it needs filling in ASAP they get money for doing it so they should.

Yea they told me it can take 2 weeks to get to them, the at least 7 days for an update I'm down as priority 1 ridiculous really. You need to ring your doctor and tell them it needs filling in ASAP they get money for doing it so they should.
Spot on, been straight onto GP and given them email address for DVLA medical dept so they don’t use snail mail! GP said they are aiming to get complete by end of this week so I’m hoping and praying the DVLA can make licensing decision next week!

Spot on, been straight onto GP and given them email address for DVLA medical dept so they don’t use snail mail! GP said they are aiming to get complete by end of this week so I’m hoping and praying the DVLA can make licensing decision next week!
Hopefull but I would go on the formal complaint that normalyy takes a week or so to get on the 'SYSTEM' but then they will call you. Also ask your doctor to CC you in the email so you can tell them the exact time and email it came from

Hopefull but I would go on the formal complaint that normalyy takes a week or so to get on the 'SYSTEM' but then they will call you. Also ask your doctor to CC you in the email so you can tell them the exact time and email it came from
Funny you should mention that, had a call from DVLA complaints this morning and they have said that it’s going as quickly as possible. Also asked GP to call me when they have sent so just a waiting game now

Did they go 2 ur GP? I rang dvla this smorning they sed everything is there just waiting on medical team 2 view it I had my medical on 4th august.
They went to my doctor before my medical so I got my doctor to fill everything out 8 working days after have you checked online?

Yeah av checked online no update yet,I rang dvla yesterday they hv it all there but medical team jst have to check it.
yea thats what they said to me yesterday! I checked all day about 20 times and then at 2:30 showed my full driving license back so you're any time now they would tell you if they wrote to your doctor

yea thats what they said to me yesterday! I checked all day about 20 times and then at 2:30 showed my full driving license back so you're any time now they would tell you if they wrote to your doctor
Haha av done same,lady who I spoke 2 didn’t mention anything about GP just sed they hv everything and tht there waiting on medical team 2 view it,hopefully isn’t much longer now 🤞

Latest update from me - just had call off my doctor surgery, the GP completed and emailed my medical form whilst not in the office (glad I bugged them now). Phoned DVLA and they confirmed receipt and that they now have everything to make a licensing decision, so now it’s just waiting to get in front of DVLA doctors! I have told them it’s imperative that I get a decision this week!

Hi everyone, I'm still waiting for the medical team (who are processing my application) so they keep telling me, to send me for the medical...I've told them that there are dvla doctors in my postcode, btw my ban was up 2 months ago!,declared misuse, asked them to check with my doctor etc.And keep hitting a brick wall!!
Anyone else stuck in the queue?,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off