Time span

Convicted Driver Insurance

Yoshi

Hi guys . I was arrested for drink driving back in September 2018 and they took a blood test and I was told I would be contacted within 6 weeks to see whether I was over the limit . It has been 7 months now and I haven’t heard a peep . Has anyone else experienced this ?

The police have 6 months from the date of your offence to lay a charge. They're now outside of that time frame, either your bloods came back below the limit or there's been an oversight. Now that you're outside of the 6 month time frame it wouldn't hurt you to ring the police station that you were brought to when you were arrested for an update on your case. After 6 months the result can't be used in court, so unless they've been sending correspondence to another address you're in the clear based on what I've read on this forum about the time frame they have to lay a charge against you.

The police have 6 months from the date of your offence to lay a charge. They're now outside of that time frame, either your bloods came back below the limit or there's been an oversight. Now that you're outside of the 6 month time frame it wouldn't hurt you to ring the police station that you were brought to when you were arrested for an update on your case. After 6 months the result can't be used in court, so unless they've been sending correspondence to another address you're in the clear based on what I've read on this forum about the time frame they have to lay a charge against you.
This is almost right, but the police have 6 months to commence proceedings, so in reality the papers might not be served on you for a further 4-6 weeks. It seems that it has been 7 1/2 months at least so Yoshi should be in the clear and be reassured that no proceedings are being taken, but it can be risky to contact the police at 6 months in case they squeeze a summons in!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off