Time scale after DVLA doctor appointment

Convicted Driver Insurance

Oneyearnobeer

Well Known Member
My medical is ‘under review’ still today after completing doctor appointment on 22/10/20. Each time I ring up they just say they’ll write to me once it’s been reviewed. Has anyone any experience recently of time scale after doctor appointment?
I do know that DVLA wrote to my own GP back in April which is when I applied (covid delayed).
many thanks 🙏🏼

Reactions: TPR
My medical is ‘under review’ still today after completing doctor appointment on 22/9/20. Each time I ring up they just say they’ll write to me once it’s been reviewed. Has anyone any experience recently of time scale after doctor appointment?
I do know that DVLA wrote to my own GP back in April which is when I applied (covid delayed).
many thanks 🙏🏼

Reactions: TPR
Hi. I am in the same boat. The medical team have informed me that they have everything they need to make a decision. I am unsure yet as to whether they will go to my Dr. Will respond back when I get any further information.

I had my medical 15 days ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not especially worried though as haven't had a drink since 2nd January

My medical is ‘under review’ still today after completing doctor appointment on 22/10/20. Each time I ring up they just say they’ll write to me once it’s been reviewed. Has anyone any experience recently of time scale after doctor appointment?
many thanks 🙏🏼
Under review could mean that they are waiting for the DVLA Doctor to review the medical results, it could also mean that they have not looked at your case yet. More likely than not though, if there is a significant time delay between having the medical and getting a response it means they are writing to your GP (even though they contacted them in April). Generally, this can take up to 6 weeks. DVLA will write to you eventually to say they are referring to the GP if this is the case, keeping in contact with your GP to ensure your notes are accurate and up to date is crucial to ensure no unnecessary delays.

Thanks guys/girls. I’m frustrated because although I have a history of dependence (actual alcoholic in recovery) I am almost 2 years dry. What I didn’t realise was that I might have to prove my abstinence!!! I only learned this recently, after my medical and after reading these threads.
so I’ve been merrily (or not) living a dry life thinking ‘I’ll definitely get it back’ on blood tests etc and actually apparently they may demand proof now!

Thanks guys/girls. I’m frustrated because although I have a history of dependence (actual alcoholic in recovery) I am almost 2 years dry. What I didn’t realise was that I might have to prove my abstinence!!! I only learned this recently, after my medical and after reading these threads.
so I’ve been merrily (or not) living a dry life thinking ‘I’ll definitely get it back’ on blood tests etc and actually apparently they may demand proof now!
They ask for 3 years on the medical I’m in the same boat x

3 years abstinence? Afternoon your medical? How were your blood results etc? X
I haven’t had medical but had raised LFT in august after 2 year sober as had a blip this year so don’t know how it will go - tried to get hold of my doctor but no luck so depends on what he writes on form x

They actually ask for the past 6 years when they contact the GP, but are interested in longer than this if it is relevant.
[/QUOTE
Ok thanks for your help BigTom. It’s a bloody nightmare. I’m so annoyed because all this time I was just waiting I could have been to my GP for them to log my sobriety but had no idea I needed to. Plus that couldn’t really have happened this last few months anyway as no face to face appointments

DVLA insist on one year at a time abstinent ,confirmed by 6 consecutive years of annual medicals. This will get you a short term 1 year licence. “Proving” your strict abstinence is almost impossible, but getting to know your GP and having their confidence in your recovery helps. They should have no problem in recommending a few LFT blood tests on the NHS during each year. Don’t worry ! 2 years sober is absolutely fantastic. You’ll be fine

Hi. I am in the same boat. The medical team have informed me that they have everything they need to make a decision. I am unsure yet as to whether they will go to my Dr. Will respond back when I get any further information.
Yes please, keep me posted and best of luck to you x

Update: my case has now gone to the ‘case team’ who will make a decision. I’m so on edge it’s unreal. I can’t concentrate on anything else.
medical test 22/9/20 (had to wait 9 months for this because of lockdown)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off