The wait is killing me!

Convicted Driver Insurance

TCB1989

Established Member
So the medical for my license was on the 20th November, it is now the 18th December and after lost paper work and delays the clinic who did my medical have informed me the DVLA will be actioning my medical today. My ban is up on January 10th, sounds like a lifetime away but its actually only 13 working days depending what the DVLA work over Xmas.

I remember back to my accident back in July 2019, waiting for court in August 2019, start of ban, November 2019 was my DD course, then 2020 hit and to be honest with lockdowns, restrictions and other things the year has gone quick, since the medical this seems like the longest part. Its the not knowing thats the worst part.

What a stupid mistake i made in the first place and one which will never ever ever ever be repeated. I do want to thank everybody who has posted on this site i wish i had found it sooner it has been invaluable to me.

TCB1989

Hello
I have been reading loads of different forums for ages now as I am in the same situation as yourself. I did my medical on Monday the 14th December 2020 and I am just so impatient I want the results my ban is over on the 9th Feb 2021 I'm just so worried ill fail.

Hi my ban actually ended a couple of weeks ago I’m waiting for the results of my medical I’m in exactly the same boat

Hi my ban actually ended a couple of weeks ago I’m waiting for the results of my medical I’m in exactly the same boat
How frustrating , its not fair in a way especially if you have done the course to reduce your time which isn't cheap.

If you had not done the course, the wait you are facing right now would have been at the end of your full ban.

For example, my ban ended in May 2019 and after the reduction I got my licence back in August 2019. Had I not done the course my ban would have ended in August, I would have faced the same process and time frame and I would have got my licence back in November 2019.

How frustrating , its not fair in a way especially if you have done the course to reduce your time which isn't cheap.

I know , I had to pay the whole amount in one go as it was so close to start date of course and , we both had to take a day off work and travel . Now it's waiting , I think combined with the ban , 12 weeks prison and the fine , we have suffered and he has learnt never to get behind a wheel unless he is below limit .
Even invested in a breathalyser to make sure if he does drink it's out of system

I'm ńot been a Scrooge with it nearly been Christmas KallyJ but how is he going to know he's below the limit, although a bought breathalyser will give an idea it isn't going to be 100% accurate. He'd be better driving with no alcohol in his system at all when driving......lecture over from me.....Merry Christmas x

I'm ńot been a Scrooge with it nearly been Christmas KallyJ but how is he going to know he's below the limit, although a bought breathalyser will give an idea it isn't going to be 100% accurate. He'd be better driving with no alcohol in his system at all when driving......lecture over from me.....Merry Christmas x

it's irrelevant now he been turned down for his lisence . Great news just before Christmas

If you had not done the course, the wait you are facing right now would have been at the end of your full ban.

For example, my ban ended in May 2019 and after the reduction I got my licence back in August 2019. Had I not done the course my ban would have ended in August, I would have faced the same process and time frame and I would have got my licence back in November 2019.
Why did it take so long? Did they have to write to your doctor?

Why did it take so long? Did they have to write to your doctor?

Doctor had to be contacted and couldnt apply until my ban was served a I live in NI. We don't get to apply early like in England, but our bans are shorter as a trade off.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off