The DR1 Questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’ve found depression tablets don’t work so have talking therapy but that isn’t through my gp (it’s through womens aid)
I had a similar reaction to anti-depessants. They may work for many, but did nothing for me. Actually, slightly the reverse.

Same for me, Dave. During my worst days and even while tapering down, I tried two different types of SSRI, few a few months each. I hated being on both, and didn’t truly feel like me again until coming off them.

What surprised me was the reaction of the psychiatrist I self-referred to (he was pleasantly surprised but wary), and my erstwhile GP (who was actually rather angry about it… kickbacks much?).

ADs might help many, but not everyone, and certainly not me.

The DVLA bureaucrats also include your registered GP in your licence notification . Full 10 years but we've cc;d your Dr. Grr..

Simply not true.The HRO designation is not for life. It ends when you're no longer an HRO.

Dave

Where did I say the the HRO designation is for life???? Avantime didn't mention 'for life' either in the remark I replied to.

CJ

Same for me, Dave. During my worst days and even while tapering down, I tried two different types of SSRI, few a few months each. I hated being on both, and didn’t truly feel like me again until coming off them.

What surprised me was the reaction of the psychiatrist I self-referred to (he was pleasantly surprised but wary), and my erstwhile GP (who was actually rather angry about it… kickbacks much?).

ADs might help many, but not everyone, and certainly not me.
Interesting. It seems there's as wide a variety of opinion on the efficacy of AD's between health professionals as there is between those they merrily dole them out to.

I'm not going to diss the pharmaceutical approach to treatment, because I know people who have been genuinely helped by it. I would criticise the attitude among many GP's though, that sees AD's as the panacea to all depression and anxiety issues. I think future generations might well look back with horror on this one-size-fits-all approach.

Dave

Where did I say the the HRO designation is for life???? Avantime didn't mention 'for life' either in the remark I replied to.

CJ

In trying to counter any impression that an HRO designation is an endless punishment, I overstated the situation.

My apologies.

Hello guys I have 4 year ban started in November 2022 I’m a hro now I crashed into lamppost and blew 88 but I refuse the breath test at station for some stupid reason it sounds like a right pain to get license back but I really do want it back it was one stupid mistake do you think I would have to prove no alcohol for a year I have just had massive operation to remove a tumor from stomach so would this not help my case aswell any inflammation would be really appreciated thanks 🙏

Hello guys I have 4 year ban started in November 2022 I’m a hro now I crashed into lamppost and blew 88 but I refuse the breath test at station for some stupid reason it sounds like a right pain to get license back but I really do want it back it was one stupid mistake do you think I would have to prove no alcohol for a year I have just had massive operation to remove a tumor from stomach so would this not help my case aswell any inflammation would be really appreciated thanks 🙏
Definitely 12 months absence I believe

Oh not good then I guess I start that in 2025 then thanks like to see anymore advice from others
Oh not good then I guess I start that in 2025 then thanks like to see anymore advice from others aswell
Hi Kevoo
Hi kevoo and welcome where you can learn lots of interesting information regarding your licence, sorry to hear of your tumour op and I hope all is well now, depending on your status with your Gp have you any alcohol related problems documented with your doctor ? You will only be asked to demonstrate 6 months of controlled drinking or 12 months abstinence if you have a alcohol history with your Gp, not all HROs are involved in the writing out to the Gp but the older you are the more likely you are to have a history regarding alcohol, I wouldn’t of thought your recent operation will contribute to a one year licence, so the question is do you have a problem with alcohol?

Hi Kevoo

Hi kevoo and welcome where you can learn lots of interesting information regarding your licence, sorry to hear of your tumour op and I hope all is well now, depending on your status with your Gp have you any alcohol related problems documented with your doctor ? You will only be asked to demonstrate 6 months of controlled drinking or 12 months abstinence if you have a alcohol history with your Gp, not all HROs are involved in the writing out to the Gp but the older you are the more likely you are to have a history regarding alcohol, I wouldn’t of thought your recent operation will contribute to a one year licence, so the question is do you have a problem with alcohol?
Hello Honestman no I had drug addiction back in 2017 when I only had a provisional and lost it but apart from this incident I don’t really drink court ordered me on 80 alcohol tag which I didn’t have a drop or I would be breaching my conditions and I’m on probation for this year so I’m hoping all this helps also I’m only 29

Hello Honestman no I had drug addiction back in 2017 when I only had a provisional and lost it but apart from this incident I don’t really drink court ordered me on 80 alcohol tag which I didn’t have a drop or I would be breaching my conditions and I’m on probation for this year so I’m hoping all this helps also I’m only
Does the Gp know about the alcohol tag ?

Leading up to my op three weeks ago the hospital dose but not doctor I will tell them about it
When your time comes to reapply just be as honest as you can on the questionarre and I think it’ll go in your favour regarding your medical history, good luck matey 👍

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off