The Designated Driver Scheme

Convicted Driver Insurance
I am proud to be a designated driver.
in 30 years of orthopaedic nursing I have seen the full spectrum of what happens to drunk drivers and their victims to know it makes sense.

It should be a compulsory part of the driving test to watch a video not photographs of horrific accidents where drinking and driving is a factor- not actors made up ....real people in real accidents.
Where the family are willing video of real victims, limbless or badly brain damaged.

[FONT=&quot]I m Koby Clements .... i m had been associated with driving school Sydney. Still i m fond of publishing and writing driving lessons in New South Wales, Australia.[/FONT]

The terms "designated driver" and "designated driving" refers to the selection of a person who remains sober as the responsible driver of a vehicle whilst others have been allowed to drink alcoholic beverages. Thus as a practical and ethical matter a designated driver is a person who abstains from alcohol on a social occasion in order to drive his or her companions home safely as an alternative to driving under the influence. In order to encourage these arrangements, some bar, restaurant and nightclub proprietors will offer free or reduced-price non-alcoholic drinks to designated drivers

Let me tell you a story and no i,m not Max Bygraves. I,m all for designated drivers just make sure your one step ahead of the old bill. Reason for saying that is when on my DD rehab course my tutor told me of a situation which i found hard to believe but don,t dismiss of a designated driver and the car owner. To cut a long story short 4 people went to the pub with a designated driver there was a kickoff in the pub so they decided to leave and the old bill were called. Whilst outside the guy who,s car it was was seen handing over the keys to the designated driver and was arrested for drunk in charge because he had the keys to the vehicle in his hands so make sure whoever is driving has the keys cos if theres a way to get done they,ll do ya just telling what i,ve been told so be carefull out there ooooh i,m getting all Hill Street Blues

The designated driver scheme is all good in principle however my biggest issue is that many licenced premises where I live charge a small fortune for soft drinks. A pint of Coca Cola with a bit of ice and lemon will set you back £3.20 at one of the local pubs. A pint of Fosters at the same pub is £2.99 which defeats the object of encouraging people not to drink and stay safe.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off