The beginning of being caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance
Price is correct, if there are no immediate family members who can insure the car you would need to transfer ownership of the car to the person that you plan on insuring it. Insurers will not insure someone as a main driver of a car they don't own, just as a named driver unless the person is a direct and close relation (husband or wife/live in parent/live in son or daughter). You also need to bare in mind that your friend can not use their no claims bonus as they are likely using it on their own car plus they will lose their bonus if anything happens to your car.

If you do not do this correctly and your car is stolen or burnt you will not have cover in the event if a claim. If you can't work an arrangment like that then as polly has pointed out you can put the car in storage or rent a garage, but that also begs the question of a garage fire which isn't unheard of. With all the stress involved I'm not surprised you sold your car @January, I would do the same.
Just spoken to my dad. I’m giving the car to my dad, will sign it over to him and he is going to be insured on it. What a stress this all has been, only questioned insurance cause got my insurance renewal through 😭 just as well I checked though. Thanks everyone

So what your saying is I need to give someone my car and sign the documentation to say they own the car and that’s the only way to ensure my car? I won’t have my name on the policy. Would be their sole name.
Sorry just seen reply above
Yep. That's what I did with my son the first time. He then gave the car back to me and the second time I just transferred ownership to him permanently.

Just spoken to my dad. I’m giving the car to my dad, will sign it over to him and he is going to be insured on it. What a stress this all has been, only questioned insurance cause got my insurance renewal through 😭 just as well I checked though. Thanks everyone
I am sure you will start to feel better after Thursday. That will be a hurdle over. I hope it goes as well as it can for you.

Hi all, I just wanted to update you. My case did NOT go ahead on the 19th of august. My plea was accepted, court contacted my lawyer today to say I was meant to be in court today, but my lawyer and myself were not informed of this and the court accepted liability and fault on their behalf that the letters were not sent out. It is still in the JUSTICE OF PEACE court too. They have given us another date, September 23rd. So I’m now continuing to wait 😭, I’ve told my lawyer to put forward a guilty plea because I can’t cope with this any longer. Regarding my car, I have signed it over to my dad and he is going on the insurance. Once my ban is up, he will sign it back over to me and I will insure it (if I can afford it 🙈) so until now I do not have an outcome but by this time next week I will know for sure my outcome. Thank you all again for your great support. Tyffany xx

Update for anyone who is interested or coming across my feed. I was banned for 12 months, 9 months on completion of my course which I do next month for 3 full days and is still being done by zoom. I was also fined £210. I sorned my car for renewing my insurance next year when I get my car back. I’ve adapted in just a week to not driving and relying on the bus, it’s a bit rubbish in the rain but needs to be done and it has made me realise how much I truly depended on my car and also how blinking Lazy I was too haha. Just want to say once more thank you so much everyone. From reading my first post back in February the day after it happened to today, I can say truly I really am not the same person and I’ve truly let sink in the danger of what I done that night even if I thought it was “my only escape” it really wasn’t I could have walked. The weight of the waiting on the court date has been more torture on me mentally than actually losing my licence. Road to get my license back now. Thanks again everyone!

Update for anyone who is interested or coming across my feed. I was banned for 12 months, 9 months on completion of my course which I do next month for 3 full days and is still being done by zoom. I was also fined £210. I sorned my car for renewing my insurance next year when I get my car back. I’ve adapted in just a week to not driving and relying on the bus, it’s a bit rubbish in the rain but needs to be done and it has made me realise how much I truly depended on my car and also how blinking Lazy I was too haha. Just want to say once more thank you so much everyone. From reading my first post back in February the day after it happened to today, I can say truly I really am not the same person and I’ve truly let sink in the danger of what I done that night even if I thought it was “my only escape” it really wasn’t I could have walked. The weight of the waiting on the court date has been more torture on me mentally than actually losing my licence. Road to get my license back now. Thanks again everyone!
Well done and Good for you . It will pass more quickly than you think . 👍

At least you can now move on. And no one can get petrol so you won’t be in the bus in your own ! I think many of us on this forum see how lucky we are at getting another chance as we all know things could have been very different it we had caused a fatality. Good luck with the bus in my area we have a local app

Do what I did. Buy an electric bike. You will get healthier, lose weight, and enjoy local countryside around where you live.

Get panier bags with it and you can easily do your shopping twice a week.

Do what I did. Buy an electric bike. You will get healthier, lose weight, and enjoy local countryside around where you live.

Get panier bags with it and you can easily do your shopping twice a week.
I’m managing on the buses as some places I have to travel with my children. I’m walking a lot of places as well which is why I think it’s helping mentally too, unfortunately due to being I’ll not too long ago I couldn’t afford to lost weight but it’s certainly helping keep me fit though. My local shop is a big super market which is great so I done a big food shop and the taxi back was only £4 which is great so I’ve definitely managed to work around things and it willl only get easier the more I do it :) thank you though

Got my licence back a few months ago, it does go a lot quicker than you might think, plus the course was actually quite good fun.. Course as someone has pointed out my car is back where it spent the ban due to a lack of available petrol .. :oops:

Got my licence back a few months ago, it does go a lot quicker than you might think, plus the course was actually quite good fun.. Course as someone has pointed out my car is back where it spent the ban due to a lack of available petrol .. :oops:
Yeah I’m praying the back log of Carry on with the DVLA ends and also the petrol by June next year 🙈

Evening all

I honestly don’t know what to get from this but I have read through some of the forums and I’m just looking for some guidance, support and light.
I was charged yesterday for driving under the influence and my breath test was 42.02. They have said I have to wait on my court date which could be from now to well over a year -2 years due to Covid and the courts being so behind and stacked. I don’t remember them reading me the charges or even it all only parts and this evening is the only time I’ve moved from the same spot since I got released and brought home because I’m still in shock at my stupidity. The officers were brilliant with me, really calming, reassuring and they said they will be putting in the report about how well mannered, cooperative, polite and apologetic & distressed regarding it. They handed my keys back to me late last night and said not to worry and put it at the back or my mind as I can still drive as I have not been convicted and it could be a long time till this happens. I have spoken to a criminal lawyer and he says I will get 12 month ban (9 if do the course, which I will) and a fine, do you get points on your license too? He didn’t specify this? I accept full liability and I will accept the punishment to come for my stupidity but why can’t I stop crying and feel like I’ll never get through this? I’ve never been in trouble with the law, no previos driving incidents not even a parking ticket, I was terrified being in the process room and the whole process of it all and I still am I’m traumatised. I won’t be touching drink ever again, it's ruined my life. I work in childcare as a teaching assistant and I’m terrified I lose my job now because I will have a criminal record (I am sssc & pvg checked, I’m in Scotland). I think I’m just looking for reassurance that there is life after this, you can work in childcare still and my whole career I’ve had for 18 years is not going to taken from me because I made the biggest mistake of my life and I will suffer for the rest of my life. My mental health isn’t the best at times and I’m on medication for it especially anxiety, I want the court to be quick but it’s not looking likely as the officers said. If it’s in a year or over then I could have “done my time” by then but instead I could be having to wait over the ban time to then be convicted later than the actual incident if that makes sense. Does the embarrassment end? Does the tears end? Any advice anyone 😢
Hi Im sorry I just been caught yesterday evening in scotland absolutely stupid cow I am I went back to the car from pub where I had a few drinks the pup is only few streets down from my house but normally I am walking but stupid me decided to take the car a police stopped me and took me to the police station where I blew to the big machine and it was 80 in the breath still cant believe I done it its like the worst nightmare. I was firs time and I can tell you and last time. Absolutely terrified because I read ended in the prison can you please tell me if someone in here had same or similar experience? cant stop crying because cant belive how stupid I was. Nothing happend that night I didn't hit anything or didn't injure anyone the most lucky. Im just terrified I have a court in month and my stomach is one big shrink stomach.....I just cant be more sorry for anything else. :(:cry::cry:

Hi Im sorry I just been caught yesterday evening in scotland absolutely stupid cow I am I went back to the car from pub where I had a few drinks the pup is only few streets down from my house but normally I am walking but stupid me decided to take the car a police stopped me and took me to the police station where I blew to the big machine and it was 80 in the breath still cant believe I done it its like the worst nightmare. I was firs time and I can tell you and last time. Absolutely terrified because I read ended in the prison can you please tell me if someone in here had same or similar experience? cant stop crying because cant belive how stupid I was. Nothing happend that night I didn't hit anything or didn't injure anyone the most lucky. Im just terrified I have a court in month and my stomach is one big shrink stomach.....I just cant be more sorry for anything else. :(:cry::cry:
Let me put your mind at ease.

You aren't going to prison, not for a first offence. You haven't injured or killed anyone. I know you feel bad right now, just as we all did when we were caught. I was caught twice, and I didn't go to prison, so that just isn't going to happen for you. Others will tell you the same thing, so don't panic!

EDIT: Please ignore the following
̷Y̷o̷u̷ ̷w̷i̷l̷l̷ ̷b̷e̷ ̷c̷l̷a̷s̷s̷e̷d̷ ̷a̷s̷ ̷a̷ ̷H̷R̷O̷ ̷(̷H̷i̷g̷h̷ ̷R̷i̷s̷k̷ ̷O̷f̷f̷e̷n̷d̷e̷r̷)̷,̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̷i̷t̷'̷s̷ ̷w̷o̷r̷t̷h̷ ̷r̷e̷a̷d̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷t̷h̷r̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷M̷e̷d̷i̷c̷a̷l̷ ̷S̷e̷c̷t̷i̷o̷n̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷f̷o̷r̷u̷m̷ ̷(̷d̷o̷n̷'̷t̷ ̷w̷o̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷a̷b̷o̷u̷t̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ ̷n̷o̷w̷ ̷t̷h̷o̷u̷g̷h̷)̷.̷
EDIT: Please ignore the above statement. I misread your breath reading, sorry (that's the last thing you need, is me worrying you more). I thought you said 90 in breath.

I'm here if you'd like a chat. Feel free to private message me if you'd prefer to talk in private.

Last edited:
Let me put your mind at ease.

You aren't going to prison, not for a first offence. You haven't injured or killed anyone. I know you feel bad right now, just as we all did when we were caught. I was caught twice, and I didn't go to prison, so that just isn't going to happen for you. Others will tell you the same thing, so don't panic!

EDIT: Please ignore the following
̷Y̷o̷u̷ ̷w̷i̷l̷l̷ ̷b̷e̷ ̷c̷l̷a̷s̷s̷e̷d̷ ̷a̷s̷ ̷a̷ ̷H̷R̷O̷ ̷(̷H̷i̷g̷h̷ ̷R̷i̷s̷k̷ ̷O̷f̷f̷e̷n̷d̷e̷r̷)̷,̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̷i̷t̷'̷s̷ ̷w̷o̷r̷t̷h̷ ̷r̷e̷a̷d̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷t̷h̷r̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷M̷e̷d̷i̷c̷a̷l̷ ̷S̷e̷c̷t̷i̷o̷n̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷f̷o̷r̷u̷m̷ ̷(̷d̷o̷n̷'̷t̷ ̷w̷o̷r̷r̷y̷ ̷a̷b̷o̷u̷t̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷r̷i̷g̷h̷t̷ ̷n̷o̷w̷ ̷t̷h̷o̷u̷g̷h̷)̷.̷
EDIT: Please ignore the above statement. I misread your breath reading, sorry (that's the last thing you need, is me worrying you more). I thought you said 90 in breath.

I'm here if you'd like a chat. Feel free to private message me if you'd prefer to talk in private.
Thank you very much for this message... Honestly I feel like shite. Even spoke today with one solicitor over the phone because I don't understand very much of Scottish law. and he was nice over the phone but again said there is possibility of prison or home prison. which I hope it will be not the case as I need to work to make sure I have for rent ...etc because I live by myself. But thank you

Thank you very much for this message... Honestly I feel like shite. Even spoke today with one solicitor over the phone because I don't understand very much of Scottish law. and he was nice over the phone but again said there is possibility of prison or home prison. which I hope it will be not the case as I need to work to make sure I have for rent ...etc because I live by myself. But thank you
I hate to say this but I suspect he only said that because he wants you to pay him lots of money. If he says you may go to prison and then ensures you don't, it makes him look good and worth the money.

There are some very helpful threads/post on this forum. If you're well dressed in court, have a letter of apology, a supporting letter from a friend or relative (character reference) and you show remorse, you'll do fine. Take some time to read through the forum and try not to worry too much.

I hate to say this but I suspect he only said that because he wants you to pay him lots of money. If he says you may go to prison and then ensures you don't, it makes him look good and worth the money.

There are some very helpful threads/post on this forum. If you're well dressed in court, have a letter of apology, a supporting letter from a friend or relative (character reference) and you show remorse, you'll do fine. Take some time to read through the forum and try not to worry too much.
well he said he got fix price £450 and will do all for it for me not ending in prison. I think its pricy but I try look out for lawers but so far not luck. honestly I will through forum and again thank you

Don’t beat yourself up, you didn’t kill or hurt anyone. There’s tens of thousands of people arrested each year for the same thing, and none of us even slightly compare to a lot of nasty people out there deliberately doing bad things and hurting people.

Don’t beat yourself up, you didn’t kill or hurt anyone. There’s tens of thousands of people arrested each year for the same thing, and none of us even slightly compare to a lot of nasty people out there deliberately doing bad things and hurting people.
thank you so much.I just cant stop stressing about it

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off