The beginning of being caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Im sorry I just been caught yesterday evening in scotland absolutely stupid cow I am I went back to the car from pub where I had a few drinks the pup is only few streets down from my house but normally I am walking but stupid me decided to take the car a police stopped me and took me to the police station where I blew to the big machine and it was 80 in the breath still cant believe I done it its like the worst nightmare. I was firs time and I can tell you and last time. Absolutely terrified because I read ended in the prison can you please tell me if someone in here had same or similar experience? cant stop crying because cant belive how stupid I was. Nothing happend that night I didn't hit anything or didn't injure anyone the most lucky. Im just terrified I have a court in month and my stomach is one big shrink stomach.....I just cant be more sorry for anything else. :(:cry::cry:
Hi Katie.

I won't say don't worry but I'll tell you a story.

I too am in Scotland. I drove drunk for the first time in April 2017. My BAC breath reading was - wait for it - 124.

I was kept in the police station from Friday evening until Monday morning. I think because of the reading they just wanted me to be banned asap. Received an 18 month ban and a £400 fine.

Now the second time this happened (I told you it was a story,) I was reported to the police, who turned up at my house later that day (bit embarrassing or what,) and took me to a police station where I blew 96.

This time I appeared before the same judge whose comment was 'What, so soon.' I was given a 36 month ban reduced to 27 after taking the Drink Driver Awareness Course and also received another £400 fine.

The first time it happened, I had no chance of getting character witness statements from anyone and also didn't bother the second time

The court is actually very smooth. You turn up at the appointed time with your solicitor, if you have one, and really the entire process is out of your hands, You will be asked how you plead, which in your circumstances will be Guilty. Your lawyer should then tell the court this is completely out of character for you and that you are extremely remorseful. He should then ask for the Drunk Driver Awareness course, and when you complete it, it will take 25% off any ban you get.

As your breath reading was just over 3.5 times the Scottish limit, you might end up at the higher ends of the ban spectrum.

One thing you won't be is sent to jail, so just forget about that.

And look into buying an electric bike. That's what I did after the 2nd time.

Cheers

@Katie59 it all feel awful right now but for many of us once court was done and out of the way there was a bit of a sense of relief and you just get on with things.

As Luna said the court process is actually pretty smooth if you plead guilty. 15 - 20 mins maybe if I recall. Dress smart, be remorseful, don't say anything daft and you will be in and out quickly.

As you have read a few times already, but it never hurts to hear it again.....you will NOT be going to prison. So don't give it a second thought.

Hi Katie.

I too am in Scotland. I drove drunk for the first time in April 2017. My BAC breath reading was - wait for it - 124.

I was kept in the police station from Friday evening until Monday morning. I think because of the reading they just wanted me to be banned asap. Received an 18 month ban and a £400 fine.

Now the second time this happened (I told you it was a story,) I was reported to the police, who turned up at my house later that day (bit embarrassing or what,) and took me to a police station where I blew 96.

This time I appeared before the same judge whose comment was 'What, so soon.' I was given a 36 month ban reduced to 27 after taking the Drink Driver Awareness Course and also received another £400 fine.

The first time it happened, I had no chance of getting character witness statements from anyone and also didn't bother the second time

The court is actually very smooth. You turn up at the appointed time with your solicitor, if you have one, and really the entire process is out of your hands, You will be asked how you plead, which in your circumstances will be Guilty. Your lawyer should then tell the court this is completely out of character for you and that you are extremely remorseful. He should then ask for the Drunk Driver Awareness course, and when you complete it, it will take 25% off any ban you get.

As your breath reading was just over 3.5 times the Scottish limit, you might end up at the higher ends of the ban spectrum.

Cheers
Thank you so so much. I will try to forget about it. Thank you so much again

Hi Katie.

The court is actually very smooth. You turn up at the appointed time with your solicitor, if you have one, and really the entire process is out of your hands, You will be asked how you plead, which in your circumstances will be Guilty. Your lawyer should then tell the court this is completely out of character for you and that you are extremely remorseful. He should then ask for the Drunk Driver Awareness course, and when you complete it, it will take 25%

Cheer

@Katie59 it all feel awful right now but for many of us once court was done and out of the way there was a bit of a sense of relief and you just get on with things.

As Luna said the court process is actually pretty smooth if you plead guilty. 15 - 20 mins maybe if I recall. Dress smart, be remorseful, don't say anything daft and you will be in and out quickly.

As you have read a few times already, but it never hurts to hear it again.....you will NOT be going to prison. So don't give it a second thought.
thank you for the message and saying it again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off