The appointment!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jjones

Hello, can anyone tell me if they can ask you for additional tests at the actual appointment or does it need to be stated in the letter prior to it? For example if they ask only for urine test in letter, can they then say to do a blood test too when you get there?

It should state clearly on your dvla medical letter what examination you are required to attend, the medical examination will include filling in a medical questionnaire about your medical history and taking a blood sample for analysis for hro alcohol abuse depandant.Once you have filled out your medical questionnaire you will be called for your physical examination which consists of height weight examination of your abdomen they push your hands back to check for liver flap (found in alcoholism you can google this) and tilt your head back and follow your eyes with a torch. After this or before they will go through the questionarre with you, if you are unfortunate as I was they lost the paperwork according to them for the test so I had to repeat the dvla medical once again but only for them to extract blood (even the doctor was shocked at this as all the paperwork is sealed in front of you) and this put another month on my application. Urine test is for drugs I believe maybe someone else can enlighten you on that journey...

Thank you for your reply. When I asked dvla they said would only be urine test they are doing. So do they always do a cdt test? Surely should say on your letter

I'm not sure what your current situation is are you hro,alcohol abuse,dependent revoked or have you been banned for drug driving, once again carbohydrate deficient transferrin (CDT) is used to detect heavy drinking (five or more drinks a day over the last two weeks prior to the test). A urine test as you mentioned I believe is to test for drugs according to recent posts on the forum I think there's a panel between 7/12 to screen for whatever drugs maybe in that persons system, I think you need someone who has definitely been down that road to answer your questions better...

Thank you for that, my letter says nothing about blood taking. We shall see when appointment comes I guess

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off