The ability to consent to make a statement

Convicted Driver Insurance

Coostietightner123

Established Member
The ability to consent and make informed decisions is affected in all patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. However, this is not an either/or issue. It is, rather, one that falls into a spectrum. In some cases, the ability to make decisions is obvious, as in those with severe TBI and neurological compromise. In patients with mild or moderate TBI, it may not be so clear:

A case study presented by Dr. Catherine Marco (2003) discusses a gentleman with a simple cut to his head who was mildly intoxicated but “alert and aware.” However, he became agitated when the doctor wanted to run a CT scan. Agitation is a sign of a more severe internal cranial bleed. Thus, the doctor had to make the decision of whether to run the diagnostic tests against the patient’s will, or let the patient leave against medical advice and risk progressing into a coma from a possible bleed.
A study published in Neurology (2012) assessed the treatment consent capacity of patients across a range of TBI severity. Even patients at the lowest level of TBI demonstrated a compromise of their capacity to appreciate or understand the questions being asked. At the next level in severity, where the patient demonstrates small injuries to the brain on CT scans, the patients demonstrated capacity compromise in all three areas assessed (understanding, reasoning and appreciation).
In summary, an interview performed in the setting of any level of head trauma should be taken with caution and may not hold up in court.

I WISH I HAD KNOWN THIS 3 YEARS AGO.
This goes to show, you really need a solicitor or barrister that actually gives a shit and knows what they are doing. According to my symptoms at the time, I was interviewed under the influence of severe concussion, and may even have had a small brain bleed.
And yet in my solicitors haste to plea bargain and hurry my case along as it was a legal aid case, so not worth much. I got the minimum of representation, because he rolled over to his mate the procurator fiscal. 3 years later its really not worth contesting. It would be the same biased sheriff that heard the case and my subsequent petition at the two year point for the removal of the disqualification. And took great pleasure in denying it.
Sheriff = entitled jobsworth bored middle aged no it all barsteward.

The ability to consent and make informed decisions is affected in all patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. However, this is not an either/or issue. It is, rather, one that falls into a spectrum. In some cases, the ability to make decisions is obvious, as in those with severe TBI and neurological compromise. In patients with mild or moderate TBI, it may not be so clear:

A case study presented by Dr. Catherine Marco (2003) discusses a gentleman with a simple cut to his head who was mildly intoxicated but “alert and aware.” However, he became agitated when the doctor wanted to run a CT scan. Agitation is a sign of a more severe internal cranial bleed. Thus, the doctor had to make the decision of whether to run the diagnostic tests against the patient’s will, or let the patient leave against medical advice and risk progressing into a coma from a possible bleed.
A study published in Neurology (2012) assessed the treatment consent capacity of patients across a range of TBI severity. Even patients at the lowest level of TBI demonstrated a compromise of their capacity to appreciate or understand the questions being asked. At the next level in severity, where the patient demonstrates small injuries to the brain on CT scans, the patients demonstrated capacity compromise in all three areas assessed (understanding, reasoning and appreciation).
In summary, an interview performed in the setting of any level of head trauma should be taken with caution and may not hold up in court.

I WISH I HAD KNOWN THIS 3 YEARS AGO.
This goes to show, you really need a solicitor or barrister that actually gives a shit and knows what they are doing. According to my symptoms at the time, I was interviewed under the influence of severe concussion, and may even have had a small brain bleed.
And yet in my solicitors haste to plea bargain and hurry my case along as it was a legal aid case, so not worth much. I got the minimum of representation, because he rolled over to his mate the procurator fiscal. 3 years later its really not worth contesting. It would be the same biased sheriff that heard the case and my subsequent petition at the two year point for the removal of the disqualification. And took great pleasure in denying it.
Sheriff = entitled jobsworth bored middle aged no it all barsteward.
You seem to have so much knowledge I was wondering if you have a idea how much you would have to drink to have a cdt level of 5 or 6% I read the reports of drinking 80 to 150g of alchol every day to get a 3% and that after for weeks your cdt should be normal but also read author websites that said if you have done this a long time it could take 2 months to normalise. Just wonder what your thoughts is on this?

You seem to have so much knowledge I was wondering if you have a idea how much you would have to drink to have a cdt level of 5 or 6% I read the reports of drinking 80 to 150g of alchol every day to get a 3% and that after for weeks your cdt should be normal but also read author websites that said if you have done this a long time it could take 2 months to normalise. Just wonder what your thoughts is on this?
My thoughts are as such;
4 or even 6 pints a day on a holiday (doesn't sound a lot) could increase CDT,over a period of say 2 weeks..
A month of abstinence is usually adequate for levels to return to normal
4 or 6 pints more or less every day will require a longer period of abstinence to return to normal
6 to 8 weeks should be ok, anything less is a risk,so if offered a medical then book wisely

My thoughts are as such;
4 or even 6 pints a day on a holiday (doesn't sound a lot) could increase CDT,over a period of say 2 weeks..
A month of abstinence is usually adequate for levels to return to normal
4 or 6 pints more or less every day will require a longer period of abstinence to return to normal
6 to 8 weeks should be ok, anything less is a risk,so if offered a medical then book wisely
Do you know how many weeks or months you get after they contact you to go for the medical before they cancel your application ?

Do you know how many weeks or months you get after they contact you to go for the medical before they cancel your application ?
In my case (second medical) it said on the form 12 weeks,have you had your letter yet?
It used to be 6 weeks but was increased due to backlogs,,if yours said 6 weeks you could ask for a delay due to illness (COVID still works), although 6 weeks should be fine if you stop now

In my case (second medical) it said on the form 12 weeks,have you had your letter yet?
It used to be 6 weeks but was increased due to backlogs,,if yours said 6 weeks you could ask for a delay due to illness (COVID still works), although 6 weeks should be fine if you stop now
Yes I saw it just now thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off