THC DVLA URINE TEST

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stephfan

Well Known Member
Hi I had a urine test for the DVLA on 01/08/2022.

After not receiving my results after 2months and phoning countless times. They have now told me when I phoned today, that they have sent a letter out to my house an I need to sign it to authorize them to contact my GP. I have not received this letter yet but what more could they possibly want. I relapsed abit too. An now it just even more annoying having to wait again!!

Does anyone know what to expect from the authorized letter onwards??

Does this mean I have failed??

Are you annoyed because of the delay or because it may show you are a cannabis user and therefore shouldn't be driving?
But it doesn't I've checked my medical records on DR.IQ nothing is mentioned about cannabis.. it says cigarettes there's nothing at all on there to do with cannabis

what were the circumstances of your offence then? are you a repeat offender or something?
No 1st offence

Stopped & swabbed
Taken to the station for bloods
Went to court and banned for drug driving
1 year ban
2 years later done medical
Now I'm just awaiting the results and for them to contact the GP

No 1st offence

Stopped & swabbed
Taken to the station for bloods
Went to court and banned for drug driving
1 year ban
2 years later done medical
Now I'm just awaiting the results and for them to contact the GP
when did you become aware of the medical?
I just applied for my licence with 56 days to go and got it straight back - no mention of anything else. And nothing said in court etc

I just applied for my licence with 56 days to go and got it straight back - no mention of anything else. And nothing said in court et

I just applied for my licence with 56 days to go and got it straight back - no mention of anything else. And nothing said in court etc
I was aware of the medical when I tried to renew my license.. they refunded my money an said I need to do a medical

I was aware of the medical when I tried to renew my license.. they refunded my money an said I need to do a medical
They didn't say I needed to do a medical in court either.. however when I got in touch with the court, they said it's down to the DVLA.

But it doesn't I've checked my medical records on DR.IQ nothing is mentioned about cannabis.. it says cigarettes there's nothing at all on there to do with cannabis
Correct me if I'm wrong but further down the thread you stated that you received a ban for drug driving. If that's the case then it's absolutely no surprise that you've been required to provide a urine test to check for drugs.

My GP has told me to expect a drugs test when I'm due for my DVLA medical simply because it's noted in my records that I used drugs in the past. The fact that it was over 20 years ago is irrelevant in the DVLA's eyes. Personally I couldn't give a toss, I haven't touched illegal drugs in decades so it will be an exercise in futility.

Correct me if I'm wrong but further down the thread you stated that you received a ban for drug driving. If that's the case then it's absolutely no surprise that you've been required to provide a urine test to check for drugs.

My GP has told me to expect a drugs test when I'm due for my DVLA medical simply because it's noted in my records that I used drugs in the past. The fact that it was over 20 years ago is irrelevant in the DVLA's eyes. Personally I couldn't give a toss, I haven't touched illegal drugs in decades so it will be an exercise in futility.
it's very much a surprise as most people who get a ban for drug driving (and most drink drivers too) do not have to take any kind of test to get their licences back. For alcohol those classed as high risk offenders do have to take a test but with drugs there is no equivalent thing.

it's very much a surprise as most people who get a ban for drug driving (and most drink drivers too) do not have to take any kind of test to get their licences back. For alcohol those classed as high risk offenders do have to take a test but with drugs there is no equivalent thing.
I kno 2 people been banned for drug driving and have had to no medical at all.. just renewing.. and also have weed on their medical records at the GP

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off