Thankgod today is over (Medical)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jazyjem

Hello all, Hope your all fine and dandy

Right history is, 13th Jan 2020 I got caught DD, Blew 147! :-0 Still don't remember getting in the car, still dont know where i was going! :-( Complete meltdown, just lost baby and found out the husband was seeing call girls! :-( Was under an enormous amount of stress, id already gone to the doctors as of this and been put on Sertraline and Propranolol. Was only on the medication 2 weeks after this happened

Court sentenced me for 30 months, tagged for 6 weeks, 12 months probation through women's aid, (didn't have to do community service as my panic disorder would basically mean id be set up to fail) I was in complete bits. plus 10 RAR Days.

My ban was up the 31st Dec 2021. as did the 25% course......Today was my medical and i cant believe the absolute relief i feel tonight that's its all over as it seems its just carried on for like forever!.

Just wanted to say I hope you all get the outcome u want and need. It isn't a nice journey. And one I wont certainly forget

Jem

I think it went okay lol U never know do u? I was literally in there 10-15 minutes tops 👀 just a waiting game now
Hi Jem, did you have previous alchol misuse or dependency on your gp records or not ? And did you fill the questionnaire sheet out at the medical with the DVLA doctor ?

Hello all, Hope your all fine and dandy

Right history is, 13th Jan 2020 I got caught DD, Blew 147! :-0 Still don't remember getting in the car, still dont know where i was going! :-( Complete meltdown, just lost baby and found out the husband was seeing call girls! :-( Was under an enormous amount of stress, id already gone to the doctors as of this and been put on Sertraline and Propranolol. Was only on the medication 2 weeks after this happened

Court sentenced me for 30 months, tagged for 6 weeks, 12 months probation through women's aid, (didn't have to do community service as my panic disorder would basically mean id be set up to fail) I was in complete bits. plus 10 RAR Days.

My ban was up the 31st Dec 2021. as did the 25% course......Today was my medical and i cant believe the absolute relief i feel tonight that's its all over as it seems its just carried on for like forever!.

Just wanted to say I hope you all get the outcome u want and need. It isn't a nice journey. And one I wont certainly forget

Jem

Hi Jem, did you have previous alchol misuse or dependency on your gp records or not ? And did you fill the questionnaire sheet out at the medical with the DVLA doctor ?
Hiya, No misuse or dependency, I filled the questionnaire in the waiting room lol

Dave when is your medical
Hi Mike, I'm a HRO my ban ends on 27th of july but I've either got alcohol misuse or dependency on my record, and I've been drinking up until 19 days ago. I didn't realise the DVLA contacted the gp, it looks like if its dependency then I need to have LFT blood tests taken by my gp every 3 months for a year bloody joke hey! Do you know if the DVLA always contact your gp ?

Hi Mike, I'm a HRO my ban ends on 27th of july but I've either got alcohol misuse or dependency on my record, and I've been drinking up until 19 days ago. I didn't realise the DVLA contacted the gp, it looks like if its dependency then I need to have LFT blood tests taken by my gp every 3 months for a year bloody joke hey! Do you know if the DVLA always contact your gp ?
Looking at some post on here..some have their license 15 days after their medicals was done.so really its a hit or a miss with dvla to be honest.like a lottery😂..

Looking at some post on here..some have their license 15 days after their medicals was done.so really its a hit or a miss with dvla to be honest.like a lottery😂..
Lol.. I'm going to get my medical records, and go from there I think to see what's on it 😉

I've been waiting since January, sent the d1 form off then and got a letter asking about my dependency (methadone) sent that off and not heard a thing so rang up to be told its just sat there waiting. So nearly 5 months and still haven't had my medical yet. Luckily I don't drink or use drugs and get a breathalyser and pee test once a month so got that covered, just wish it'd hurry up because this waiting is worse than the ban itself.

I've been waiting since January, sent the d1 form off then and got a letter asking about my dependency (methadone) sent that off and not heard a thing so rang up to be told its just sat there waiting. So nearly 5 months and still haven't had my medical yet. Luckily I don't drink or use drugs and get a breathalyser and pee test once a month so got that covered, just wish it'd hurry up because this waiting is worse than the ban itself.
Totally agree i think this is the hardest part, along with the actual sentencing itself.....My ban was up the 31st December. :-(

" just wish it'd hurry up because this waiting is worse than the ban itself."

At least with the ban you've got a date to aim for. I'm just in limbo right now. Ban ended 12th Feb '22. Still not even got a date for my medical yet. And then who know's how long after that until I get a decision? It's definitely frustrating!!

" just wish it'd hurry up because this waiting is worse than the ban itself."

At least with the ban you've got a date to aim for. I'm just in limbo right now. Ban ended 12th Feb '22. Still not even got a date for my medical yet. And then who know's how long after that until I get a decision? It's definitely frustrating!!
Norts 100% true..i didnt think in life that i will go pass my ban and still waiting😂..

Norts 100% true..i didnt think in life that i will go pass my ban and still waiting😂..
Rubbish isn't it! Don't get me wrong, I know this situation is totally my own fault, but a ban is a ban. I've served mine. I had plans to drive to Scotland to celebrate getting back on the road, I bought a motorbike to go out riding with my Son. Neither of those things are happening now.

Rubbish isn't it! Don't get me wrong, I know this situation is totally my own fault, but a ban is a ban. I've served mine. I had plans to drive to Scotland to celebrate getting back on the road, I bought a motorbike to go out riding with my Son. Neither of those things are happening now.
Try your ban being up during the first lockdown… that was like a never ending story (although at least I guess there was nowhere to drive to so meh…)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off