Thank you, but not goodbye

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gilln1

Well Known Member
Yesterday was the day I was able to get back in my car, the first time I actually went for a proper drive though was today

Over the months / weeks I'd built this moment up in my head and thought it would almost be 'romantic'.... it was better than that, it just felt normal, and normal is taken away from people in our position - rightly so in the vast majority of cases.

I haven't written this to gloat, or to show off, but to say that at some point many of you will hopefully have the opportunity to have that feeling too, so hang on to that though if you can.

The main reason for writing this though is to highlight just how incredibly helpful, useful, comforting and important this forum is. I would hazard a guess that many of us felt despair, depression, fear and self loathing for the mistakes we made, and a feeling of not knowing who to turn to for advice or a sympathetic ear. This tiny little corner of the www. has been a god send to me and I hope it continues to be so for the others who find themselves in the same position as us.

There are various people on here who still give their time and wisdom for the others (you know who you are), and I hope that never changes or or others pick up the baton. Life moves on of course, however I still intend to visit these pages, but I wanted to thank the people who I have interacted with on here over the last 13 months for helping me keep my head up when it dropped.

To all of you still waiting it out....you can and will get through this so hang on in there !

Yesterday was the day I was able to get back in my car, the first time I actually went for a proper drive though was today

Over the months / weeks I'd built this moment up in my head and thought it would almost be 'romantic'.... it was better than that, it just felt normal, and normal is taken away from people in our position - rightly so in the vast majority of cases.

I haven't written this to gloat, or to show off, but to say that at some point many of you will hopefully have the opportunity to have that feeling too, so hang on to that though if you can.

The main reason for writing this though is to highlight just how incredibly helpful, useful, comforting and important this forum is. I would hazard a guess that many of us felt despair, depression, fear and self loathing for the mistakes we made, and a feeling of not knowing who to turn to for advice or a sympathetic ear. This tiny little corner of the www. has been a god send to me and I hope it continues to be so for the others who find themselves in the same position as us.

There are various people on here who still give their time and wisdom for the others (you know who you are), and I hope that never changes or or others pick up the baton. Life moves on of course, however I still intend to visit these pages, but I wanted to thank the people who I have interacted with on here over the last 13 months for helping me keep my head up when it dropped.

To all of you still waiting it out....you can and will get through this so hang on in there !
This will be me this coming Thursday and every word you have said is so true. This forum has been a god send for me and looking back to my very first post to now back then I never ever thought I would be able to cope and here I am at the end of my ban. Thank you for commenting on some of my post as well, take care. Happy driving, stay safe & sensible & enjoy 🚗

This will be me this coming Thursday and every word you have said is so true. This forum has been a god send for me and looking back to my very first post to now back then I never ever thought I would be able to cope and here I am at the end of my ban. Thank you for commenting on some of my post as well, take care. Happy driving, stay safe & sensible & enjoy 🚗
The final countdown for you too then Campbell. Thank you for our interactions and enjoy turning the key too.

Been back on the road over a year now and still visit here regularly - also serves as a good reminder not to risk taking to the road after even 1 drink.

Be careful when you go on your first long drive, can feel a bit strange at first. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off